PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
Awesome! The price is much more reasonable than I expected. Getting those injectors installed doesn't look like much fun though. Haha.

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome! The price is much more reasonable than I expected. Getting those injectors installed doesn't look like much fun though. Haha.
Just curios, What price you were expected!??

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I noticed that they did all of their testing on a stock block car, all the way up to 500 whp/470 wtq, with no issues. This doesn’t seem to mesh up with previous anecdotes about stock engines blowing up at under 400 whp/ 400 wtq. I wonder what’s changed here?

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
It says all the testing was done on stock internals. I thought anything over 400tq created a big risk with the stock rods? What's really the truth here on safety - are you really able to upgrade the turbo kit with say Full Race and not have to change any internals and keep reliability (within context here)?

@Hondata - thoughts?

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I noticed that they did all of their testing on a stock block car, all the way up to 500 whp/470 wtq, with no issues. This doesn’t seem to mesh up with previous anecdotes about stock engines blowing up at under 400 whp/ 400 wtq. I wonder what’s changed here?
We posted the same question at the same time...

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once it becomes dogma then it will persist to the end of the internet. What process and testing was done to determine that the stock engine breaks at 400 lb-ft?

All we can say is that we've had no failures at 470 lb-ft over 18 months of driving (and a lot of dyno pulls) and no failures at well over 500 hp over a shorter duration. That doesn't mean that the rods will not break the next time I start the engine, but my feeling is that it is fine at that output level.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Don’t quote on this, but someone in a Facebook page mentioned: “having a better fuel flow will allow the engine to pass the 400 mark, without issue, what it breaks hardware is the lack of fuel to work properly”.

I’m sure at some point you might need some internals as well, to get a peace of mind. In the meantime, with this kit, Hondata will made the Type R on par with other cars on the market, when it comes to aftermarket solution, dependents of an upgraded fuel system, such as the Golf R. Great news! They just killed.

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Once it becomes dogma then it will persist to the end of the internet. What process and testing was done to determine that the stock engine breaks at 400 lb-ft?

All we can say is that we've had no failures at 470 lb-ft over 18 months of driving (and a lot of dyno pulls) and no failures at well over 500 hp over a shorter duration. That doesn't mean that the rods will not break the next time I start the engine, but my feeling is that it is fine at that output level.
Now that you've answered, I personally will never ask the question again. I fully trust the R&D Hondata does and this is music to my ears! My bank account is going to hate me!

@Hondata would you all have more details to share on testing you did with Full Race (I believe that's one I saw you tested with)?