Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Yeah my concern is running just this pump on 93 without drilling the line. With an upgraded turbo, would that be enough, or when an upgraded turbo is brought into the discussion, is drilling the line a necessity?
Sponsored

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Yeah my concern is running just this pump on 93 without drilling the line. With an upgraded turbo, would that be enough, or when an upgraded turbo is brought into the discussion, is drilling the line a necessity?
It should be enough depending on your power goals!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I think ive seen somewhere that it was mentioned that even the Hondata FSU HPFP could even benefit from having a drilled line. I dont think that not drilling your line is a deal breaker, because as mentioned previously, it still drops duty by a considerable amount.

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I think ive seen somewhere that it was mentioned that even the Hondata FSU HPFP could even benefit from having a drilled line. I dont think that not drilling your line is a deal breaker, because as mentioned previously, it still drops duty by a considerable amount.
Hondata FSU already comes with a upgraded line.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Hondata FSU already comes with a upgraded line.
Interesting, ill have to try and remember where I heard or saw it. It might have been mentioned in one of the videos from FK8 Tuning Development, but im trying to remember the context, unless @Jpierro79 mentioned it?

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Interesting, ill have to try and remember where I heard or saw it. It might have been mentioned in one of the videos from FK8 Tuning Development, but im trying to remember the context.
Drilled line will benefit the stock hpfp and xdi mainly for ethanol blends.
keep in mind that depending on power goals and fuel mixes you might need injectors later down the road as well as in tank pump. But 450 on a upgraded turbo with just xdi should be all you need.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, ill have to try and remember where I heard or saw it. It might have been mentioned in one of the videos from FK8 Tuning Development, but im trying to remember the context, unless @Jpierro79 mentioned it?
Yes, but please for the love of god, don't follow that. There's no need to drill the line. If you're concerned about flow capacity, either get the Honda FSU which comes with an upgraded line, or wait for XDI to release theirs. The pump alone will support most people's goals here.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Drilled line will benefit the stock hpfp and xdi mainly for ethanol blends.
keep in mind that depending on power goals and fuel mixes you might need injectors later down the road as well as in tank pump. But 450 on a upgraded turbo with just xdi should be all you need.
I agree, on something like the rampage RS450 or even the MHI, I think an XDI is sufficient.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yes, but please for the love of god, don't follow that. There's no need to drill the line. If you're concerned about flow capacity, either get the Honda FSU which comes with an upgraded line, or wait for XDI to release theirs. The pump alone will support most people's goals here.
Interesting, regarding the videos, are they a bad resource? I havent dug too far into them honestly.

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I agree, on something like the rampage RS450 or even the MHI, I think an XDI is sufficient.
Just keep in mind at some point your goal could be higher and then you would need to buy separately the other stuff

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Hondata not putting a fat markup on their fuel line and selling it individually is hilarious.
Because their lines is routed like oem and would require bending it for xdi which sits higher on the head. See the image comparing oem line vs hondata

Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI EVO fuel upgrade discussion A16F4809-68E8-4575-8D2C-117D6A2C56B4

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Just keep in mind at some point your goal could be higher and then you would need to buy separately the other stuff
I dont expect people to be able to squeeze out much more power out of the RS450 than what the XDI can supply. Rampage has tested it up to 470whp, which is right around what the XDI is capable of.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I dont expect people to be able to squeeze out much more power out of the RS450 than what the XDI can supply. Rampage has tested it up to 470whp, which is right around what the XDI is capable of.
For reference Rampage uses a “hub dyno” which tends to read higher than a dynojet which is more common.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
While this is true for eblended gasolines Im still waiting on results from 93oct fbo cars as some of us do not have e85 accesible. There is a lot of talking and speculation around but not enough data to back it up.
agree il wait to see on strait 93/94
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.