Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Typ_Arr

ARR!
First Name
Deej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK8 PMM
Country flag
Just got the new AWE Touring system. My bro made a install review video with a bunch of sound clips. Check it out! (For Sound Clips Skip To 10min)

Sponsored

Last edited:

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
^Thanks for the video! I can't wait to get mine installed. My wife got the touring one for me as a Christmas present. You know a stock exhaust system is too quiet when your--usually against ordering car parts--significant other buys you an exhaust.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Just got the new AWE Touring system. My bro made a install review video with a bunch of sound clips. Check it out! (For Sound Clips Skip To 10min)

Man, there is a lot of navel gazing, fluff, and over promotion in modern product review videos. Despite that, there’s some well recorded audio clips in here.

These exhaust manufacturers have a challenge on their hands with the FK8 due to it’s wonky and undesirable resonances.

I think AWE has done a good job of getting some of that out, but the end result is probably still too loud for me.

Thank you for sharing.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
Here are my thoughts on the AWE Track Edition exhaust. I also want to apologize for my writing skills up front. I'm no Fatherpain , who does great write ups.

When I decided that I wanted to install an exhaust, I started watching a of videos & reading forums. I'm a long time drag racer so all I know about exhaust is primary tube size & collector size. My one & only performance street car was a 1986 Mustang GT & I don't believe there were bolt on exhaust kits back in the day. Anyway I was leaning heavily towards the Thermal R & D exhaust. I loved the deep tone. Then Josh @ AWE posted the videos for their product & I was sold. A couple of things really helped my decision. First is the fact that the system is modular between the Track & Touring packages. If I didn't like the Track, I can buy just the resonator & replace the open pipe on the car to quiet it down. Vice versa for the Touring if it wasn't loud enough for you. Versatility is definitely a plus. Second was price. I talked to John @ AWE the day before Thanksgiving & placed my order. $965 w/Diamond Black Tips including a 3" front pipe. John helped me with the shipping & it was $1000 OTD. John said they would start on it the Monday after Thanksgiving & that I would have it in 1-2 weeks. Week & a half later it was in my garage. Great price & they held true to the arrival date.

INSTALLATION : I down loaded AWE's installation instructions which were very clear & concise along with pictures. Off subject for a moment, this kit could be installed with the car on jack stands but I have to say at damn near 53, that would have taken some of the enjoyment away from me. I have to give a shout out to Boytcho @ EZ Car Lifts. I have one of his lifts & it made this installation SO MUCH EASIER. I'm so glad that I spent the money for the EZ Car Lift. Too many years working under jack stands on my drag car.
Installation was incredibly easy. I was shocked at how easy it was. Longest part was removing the plastic belly pan.The only other part that took a few minutes extra was getting the new 3" front pipe in place. It took a few tries before I hit the right angle & it slid right into place. No issues with bolts or nuts. I PB Blasted all of them beforehand & they came off with ease. I also bought an exhaust hanger grommet removal tool. That came in very handy. I highly recommend one. Tool was about $20 on Amazon. Something to have before hand is the torque specs for the front pipe to DP flange & the RMM bolt. AWE if you are listening, that would be some great info in the instructions !!! I did have one problem, one of the ACCU-SEAL clamps messed up on me. Never used a power tool on it & was tightening using a torque wrench & it stripped out. I had even put FelPro C5A antisieze on the threads. I call AWE on Monday morning & they said they would send another clamp. To my surprise, that afternoon I got an overnight delivery notice. The clamp was at my house the next day. Never expected that & it shows GREAT customer service. Thanks AWE !!!!

FIT & FINISH : Very easy to write about this. Everything was great !!! The Diamond Black Tips are awesome. It fits the CTRs no chrome exterior . And yes I'm replacing the chrome CIVIC letters as well !!!

Sound : Now this is a very subjective topic but I LOVE the Track Edition. You can now hear the car at idle. Nice deep tone. Driving the car it's not bad at all. JasonJM posted about the cabin resonance in lieu of drone. I notice this at 2100-2500 rpms not under a load. It is loud but easily avoidable. I like the fact that I can now hear the exhaust with the radio on. I couldn't really hear much before unless I was WOT. One thing that I have noticed is on the gear changes , I hear some exhaust popping. I don't know if it's because of the AWE exhaust set up or that it was happening all of the time and I just couldn't hear it before. Hypothetically speaking, it should sound really good at high speeds.

So to wrap this up, I think AWE Tuning hit a home run with their first foray into the Japanese car market. So thankful that they chose the Civic platform including the Type R to start with. Would I recommend their exhaust to others? The answer is "Hell Yes"

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! CTR 19

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! CTR 32

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! CTR 31

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 20191215_091753

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Trying to find a link to direct order on your website but I don't see it. How much is it from your site and how much would the 15% take off? Looking for a direct link to order. Thanks,
Very odd the link wasnt showing for you. It was included in the post you quoted. Sorry about that :hmm:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Here are my thoughts on the AWE Track Edition exhaust. I also want to apologize for my writing skills up front. I'm no Fatherpain , who does great write ups.

When I decided that I wanted to install an exhaust, I started watching a of videos & reading forums. I'm a long time drag racer so all I know about exhaust is primary tube size & collector size. My one & only performance street car was a 1986 Mustang GT & I don't believe there were bolt on exhaust kits back in the day. Anyway I was leaning heavily towards the Thermal R & D exhaust. I loved the deep tone. Then Josh @ AWE posted the videos for their product & I was sold. A couple of things really helped my decision. First is the fact that the system is modular between the Track & Touring packages. If I didn't like the Track, I can buy just the resonator & replace the open pipe on the car to quiet it down. Vice versa for the Touring if it wasn't loud enough for you. Versatility is definitely a plus. Second was price. I talked to John @ AWE the day before Thanksgiving & placed my order. $965 w/Diamond Black Tips including a 3" front pipe. John helped me with the shipping & it was $1000 OTD. John said they would start on it the Monday after Thanksgiving & that I would have it in 1-2 weeks. Week & a half later it was in my garage. Great price & they held true to the arrival date.

INSTALLATION : I down loaded AWE's installation instructions which were very clear & concise along with pictures. Off subject for a moment, this kit could be installed with the car on jack stands but I have to say at damn near 53, that would have taken some of the enjoyment away from me. I have to give a shout out to Boytcho @ EZ Car Lifts. I have one of his lifts & it made this installation SO MUCH EASIER. I'm so glad that I spent the money for the EZ Car Lift. Too many years working under jack stands on my drag car.
Installation was incredibly easy. I was shocked at how easy it was. Longest part was removing the plastic belly pan.The only other part that took a few minutes extra was getting the new 3" front pipe in place. It took a few tries before I hit the right angle & it slid right into place. No issues with bolts or nuts. I PB Blasted all of them beforehand & they came off with ease. I also bought an exhaust hanger grommet removal tool. That came in very handy. I highly recommend one. Tool was about $20 on Amazon. Something to have before hand is the torque specs for the front pipe to DP flange & the RMM bolt. AWE if you are listening, that would be some great info in the instructions !!! I did have one problem, one of the ACCU-SEAL clamps messed up on me. Never used a power tool on it & was tightening using a torque wrench & it stripped out. I had even put FelPro C5A antisieze on the threads. I call AWE on Monday morning & they said they would send another clamp. To my surprise, that afternoon I got an overnight delivery notice. The clamp was at my house the next day. Never expected that & it shows GREAT customer service. Thanks AWE !!!!

FIT & FINISH : Very easy to write about this. Everything was great !!! The Diamond Black Tips are awesome. It fits the CTRs no chrome exterior . And yes I'm replacing the chrome CIVIC letters as well !!!

Sound : Now this is a very subjective topic but I LOVE the Track Edition. You can now hear the car at idle. Nice deep tone. Driving the car it's not bad at all. JasonJM posted about the cabin resonance in lieu of drone. I notice this at 2100-2500 rpms not under a load. It is loud but easily avoidable. I like the fact that I can now hear the exhaust with the radio on. I couldn't really hear much before unless I was WOT. One thing that I have noticed is on the gear changes , I hear some exhaust popping. I don't know if it's because of the AWE exhaust set up or that it was happening all of the time and I just couldn't hear it before. Hypothetically speaking, it should sound really good at high speeds.

So to wrap this up, I think AWE Tuning hit a home run with their first foray into the Japanese car market. So thankful that they chose the Civic platform including the Type R to start with. Would I recommend their exhaust to others? The answer is "Hell Yes"

CTR 19.jpg

CTR 32.jpg

CTR 31.jpg

20191215_091753.jpg
Glad you're happy, Top!

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First feedback on the exhaust from my family. My 16 year old son likes it. He wants us to take the Type R on family vacation to Myrtle Beach in the summer. Now my wife's first comment the other day was that she thinks I want to be 20 years old again. Then yesterday after a 2 hour round trip to Sam's club, she said it's loud. Mission Accomplished
Anybody else running the Track Edition?

tony_r2017

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
First feedback on the exhaust from my family. My 16 year old son likes it. He wants us to take the Type R on family vacation to Myrtle Beach in the summer. Now my wife's first comment the other day was that she thinks I want to be 20 years old again. Then yesterday after a 2 hour round trip to Sam's club, she said it's loud. Mission Accomplished
Anybody else running the Track Edition?
I had my track edition for about 3 weeks. I do love the sound as I had waited almost a year for an exhaust lol. But the drone around 60-65mph or going uphill took a toll. I ended up purchasing the touring conversion kit and will get that installed tomorrow, hopefully making the cabin a bit quieter since I can always switch it up later down the road again.

The wrap is a bit bad here as my second try wrapping this car but here a picture of my track edition.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG_0810

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I had my track edition for about 3 weeks. I do love the sound as I had waited almost a year for an exhaust lol. But the drone around 60-65mph or going uphill took a toll. I ended up purchasing the touring conversion kit and will get that installed tomorrow, hopefully making the cabin a bit quieter since I can always switch it up later down the road again.

The wrap is a bit bad here as my second try wrapping this car but here a picture of my track edition.

IMG_0810.jpg

That wrap color is perfection for this car, and should have been an OEM choice.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hoping to install my touring one this weekend. Based on these reviews it sounds like I made the right choice. I figured that if I got the track edition I would hate myself the first time I took the car to the Dragon Run which includes miles of gradual climbs around 65mph.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
No worries. Does the exhaust come with the new gasket for the front pipe connection to downpipe?

Very odd the link wasnt showing for you. It was included in the post you quoted. Sorry about that :hmm:

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

IMG_0810.jpg
I'm noticing it at a slightly lower mph, 55-60. If I ever do want to quiet it down that's the great thing about the AWE exhaust, swap out one component.

Wrap looks great by the way !!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm noticing it at a slightly lower mph, 55-60. If I ever do want to quiet it down that's the great thing about the AWE exhaust, swap out one component.

Wrap looks great by the way !!
Have you tested it with the resonator?
Sponsored