Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Tinting front windshield strip & sunroof. The front windshield looks a little naked and I'm getting a dash camera, and I'm tired of cracking my sunroof because I want air and not sunlight.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170705_094730

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So tbh I didn't think the guy would make it slightly curved like this, but he did and I Didn't want to make him redo the whole thing. It does look pretty nice and not plain, but blocks more of my visibility. If I really don't like it down the road I'll ask someone to cut it to be straight. Speaking of roads, raced a camry on the way back home. I won.

*Also got 30% front windshield because I do more night time driving. 20% sunroof.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170705_100426
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170705_100651
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170705_102502

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170705_102455

Sahar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
So tbh I didn't think the guy would make it slightly curved like this, but he did and I Didn't want to make him redo the whole thing. It does look pretty nice and not plain, but blocks more of my visibility. If I really don't like it down the road I'll ask someone to cut it to be straight. Speaking of roads, raced a camry on the way back home. I won.

*Also got 30% front windshield because I do more night time driving. 20% sunroof.

IMG_20170705_100426.jpg
IMG_20170705_100651.jpg
IMG_20170705_102502.jpg

IMG_20170705_102455.jpg
good for you!!! Hondas for the win!!!

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I'm not disagreeing that the instructions say that. I'm pointing out that it's probably wrong.

All the hubbub over whether some dim LEDs dim even more...smh.
The instructions are not wrong. My ambient under-dash lighting (OEM, installed before I took delivery) does indeed adjust brightness with the rest of the console/dash.

Tinting front windshield strip & sunroof. The front windshield looks a little naked and I'm getting a dash camera, and I'm tired of cracking my sunroof because I want air and not sunlight.
Just curious, but how does tinting your moonroof allow you to get air and not sunlight? You would still have to crack it, which means the same sun would still come through. The tint only has benefits when the moonroof is closed....which it can't be if you're tryin get air.

Don't get me wrong, I had 3M Crystaline installed on mine to block the heat, but I don't understand the logic of tinting it black......just close the cover if you don't want light to come in.

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, but how does tinting your moonroof allow you to get air and not sunlight? You would still have to crack it, which means the same sun would still come through. The tint only has benefits when the moonroof is closed....which it can't be if you're tryin get air.

Don't get me wrong, I had 3M Crystaline installed on mine to block the heat, but I don't understand the logic of tinting it black......just close the cover if you don't want light to come in.
I didn't make it "black" like my back windows I made it 20%. Its a whole lot better than having no tint. Doing it allows me to open the cover all the way and not worry about lighting myself up when I don't want everyone to see me. I get more air circulation by opening up the cover. Rather than letting the air go through 2 cracks to get outside, now it's just 1. Also the guy said he upgraded it to ceramic so that's good for the heat. Always a plus.

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
Splashguards for the WOP...

Front...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! splashguard FR

Rear...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! splashguard RR

Side profile...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! civic side L

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Splashguards for the WOP...

Front...
splashguard FR.jpg

Rear...
splashguard RR.jpg

Side profile...
civic side L.jpg
Call me weird, but I think the OEM splash guards actually add something to the sporty look of the car.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Call me weird, but I think the OEM splash guards actually add something to the sporty look of the car.
I agree. The way the OEM guards look, is like they were specifically made to the contour of the body...Oh wait they are!!!!! Not a universal flat fit but with some design and style.

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
Some people gunna hate on this because of chrome but chrome trim on side mirrors.

I'm getting the roof wrapped gloss black this Saturday and possibly that jdm black honeycomb grill in the near future because I don't like how the piano black grill looks on my msm but I really liked the chrome trim so I'm planning on doing the door handles sometime after the grill as well.

After seeing this though, I'm rethinking the honeycomb. Insight anyone?

Chrome side trims with black roof and grill

Or

Chrome side trims with black roof and chrome grill

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_3812.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_3813.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_3813.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_3814.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.