Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
http://www.4pistonracing.com/4pk20chead2

Besides MAP this is the only other company, I know, that is offering a ported head.

I realize it says for the R lol. I spoke to the company and they offer the same service for the 1.5. Same price, which I believe is a little steep.. but the results there promising look pretty tantalizing...
Sponsored

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
As our limiting factor is not this part but our fuel system I think the gain versus price will limit this product only to the top elitist

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just emailed and I'll see if I can order the L15B7 1.5t ported head lol. I've tried to email MAPerformance but they were a little stingy. My shortblock is on the way and can't seem to find a head to go along with it. Definitely don't want to spend $2k for the oem head new, if so I might as well get a ported one for another thousand more or so. This project is costly lol... Almost not even funny.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
http://www.4pistonracing.com/4pk20chead2

Besides MAP this is the only other company, I know, that is offering a ported head.

I realize it says for the R lol. I spoke to the company and they offer the same service for the 1.5. Same price, which I believe is a little steep.. but the results there promising look pretty tantalizing...
Well if your going to upgrade rods and pistons then go ahead lol but if you just want a ported head then I can see rods flying

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yah I'm currently getting the block built so I was looking into getting work on the head as well. I'll be running a PI kit as soon as possible, so I'll be able to take advantage of the benefits at least.

Right now the price is stopping me. I rather put that towards a clutch rn. For the moment I'll probably just order some valves and springs, and keep it simple.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I just emailed and I'll see if I can order the L15B7 1.5t ported head lol. I've tried to email MAPerformance but they were a little stingy. My shortblock is on the way and can't seem to find a head to go along with it. Definitely don't want to spend $2k for the oem head new, if so I might as well get a ported one for another thousand more or so. This project is costly lol... Almost not even funny.
Tell me about it. I'm already dumping nearly 4k into the block :(

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember running across this by them. I can't remember if it was on a random search or if someone on here shared it. It makes it out that the head naturally doesn't flow like past K-series heads but it is essential for tumble on DI cars and I assume the DI L-engine is no different.

It's an interesting idea... and definitely sounds like you've got to be careful to keep the needed tumble and not just go for Max flow.

https://www.google.com/amp/blog.jep...head-to-the-last-ten-k20a-series-?hs_amp=true

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I remember running across this by them. I can't remember if it was on a random search or if someone on here shared it. It makes it out that the head naturally doesn't flow like past K-series heads but it is essential for tumble on DI cars and I assume the DI L-engine is no different.

It's an interesting idea... and definitely sounds like you've got to be careful to keep the needed tumble and not just go for Max flow.

https://www.google.com/amp/blog.jepistons.com/comparing-hondas-new-k20c-head-to-the-last-ten-k20a-series-?hs_amp=true
This was brought up by another member on MAPs thread. They essentially said that getting rid of the tumble didn't have a negative affect for this motor.

We'll find out. when people start running, systems like this, on the street. ;)

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tumble sounds good with the DI, however if you are adding port injection then I would think that reduces the need for tumble a bit.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yah without port injection there really wouldn't be a point to add something like this anyway. I've been running a single nozzle, meth system, to overcome the fuel limitations. But I only trust that so far. There's always the risk of uneven cylinder fill. And lag with the system spraying far from the engine.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tumble sounds good with the DI, however if you are adding port injection then I would think that reduces the need for tumble a bit.
True. There's the ability to run these little on a stratified charge.... where you're lean generally thought the volume and then rich in other parts. It goes into how there can be fuel injected through multiple windows to make the charge be what it needs to be to be highly efficient. I would think there's a potential to give this up. I don't know. Putting it on and immediately having it tuned might yield something good. I'm not sure if driveability would be affected in some way... or if how DI is designed to do DI-only things like that aforementioned stratification would be wholely removed. I'm interested to see how it works out. If it could somehow broaden the window for injection (not sure if that is in any way dependent on head design) it might alleveate some fueling limitations. (shrug) All stuff I don't understand unfortunately. Other than polish/port matching small engines and rejetting... it's stuff I have zero knowledge about.

Tk303

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic hatchback sport 6spd
Country flag
I'm looking for recommendations on places to have my head ported. Has anyone done this yet? I see fk8td offers porting service for the 1.5. It also sounds like Maperformance, 4piston racing, and possibly Endyn too. I'd love to see how this pairs with something like Kelfords stage 1 cams and skunks intake manifold port matched.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I'm looking for recommendations on places to have my head ported. Has anyone done this yet? I see fk8td offers porting service for the 1.5. It also sounds like Maperformance, 4piston racing, and possibly Endyn too. I'd love to see how this pairs with something like Kelfords stage 1 cams and skunks intake manifold port matched.
Contact JSR Engines - their porting prices are very reasonable and he has been porting heads for decades - tons of Honda experience. Here is my setup ported head vs stock head - 50whp gain at peak power and as much as 70whp lower in the range with faster spool/response across the board.

Honda Civic 10th gen New ported head option for the 1.5L Screenshot_20230712_152607_Chrome

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m actually working in a 1.5T head now. Hope to make 400 on with reasonable body. Should see a large drop in boost pressure required and better turbo spool. The SI has severe valve shrouding on the intake and obstructed exhaust flow. I’ve literally cut an l15b7 head in half to see the limits. Testing comes soon but on my K20c1 porting I’ve made 843whp on 41 psi. The head needs to be decked and I’m getting Kelford cams for it. I own FK8td.com.
my info is all there. I want the SI guys to get better support. Best te message me through the web page.

Honda Civic 10th gen New ported head option for the 1.5L 1BA29D34-844E-4127-8D54-46784E950E14

Honda Civic 10th gen New ported head option for the 1.5L A6D3FF47-8C1A-4B48-AE7E-031080B7D5D8

Honda Civic 10th gen New ported head option for the 1.5L 5C7FB984-075E-46CB-8E57-417870A1A0F7

Honda Civic 10th gen New ported head option for the 1.5L F864D65D-BC7A-4586-90B0-75AF7B87D47F

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
We've got a head going to one of the top head porters in the country who hold records in multiple sport compact and domestic platforms, it'll be going on the mule engine we're putting together for a slew of testing I've got planned for next year. Will share the details when we have details to share :)
Sponsored