_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Has anybody taken a 2019 Civic in for one vent throwing cold air & one vent warm? Car has 11k meter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just called Honda to confirm that my car is covered under the TSB 19-091 and they said I am covered and to take it into a dealer to get diagnosed.

Will I run into any issues because of my PRL Downpipe or tune that is on the car? Should I flash back to stock?

I also have a Boomba BOV and PRL intake.

What is the outlook on upgrades in the eyes of the stealerships?
It always be better to be as close to stock as possible. They may note you downpipe, BOV intake and tune in the system. I would definitely flash stock though.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
getting mine done next week. national back order on these

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Just re read all the posts in this thread, and my driver side is blowing hotter than the passenger side.. Does this mean my compressor is bad and not the condenser and im screwed?
Or is the condenser leaking and then causing the compressor to fail and regardless of the condenser getting replaced under warranty I would still have to pay the $190 diagnostic fee plus the compressor repair cost?
I have an appt next Wednesday but want to make sure I know what im getting myself into before I go.. I don't even have the money for the diagnostic fee if they find the issue isn't the condenser :(

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just re read all the posts in this thread, and my driver side is blowing hotter than the passenger side.. Does this mean my compressor is bad and not the condenser and im screwed?
Or is the condenser leaking and then causing the compressor to fail and regardless of the condenser getting replaced under warranty I would still have to pay the $190 diagnostic fee plus the compressor repair cost?
I have an appt next Wednesday but want to make sure I know what im getting myself into before I go.. I don't even have the money for the diagnostic fee if they find the issue isn't the condenser :(
If you are out of the factory warranty, they may want you to pay the diagnostic fee, but if they find it falls under the new condenser warranty, they wouldn't charge you. If it doesn't, they would charge you and the quote you the cost to fix. You can then choose to pay the diag fee and walk away or use the diag fee toward the cost of the repair.

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
If you are out of the factory warranty, they may want you to pay the diagnostic fee, but if they find it falls under the new condenser warranty, they wouldn't charge you. If it doesn't, they would charge you and the quote you the cost to fix. You can then choose to pay the diag fee and walk away or use the diag fee toward the cost of the repair.
Thanks for the advice, I read through the other 14 page post last night, and I am hoping the driver side being hotter is due to low refrigerant/leaking condenser and not anything with the compressor. It seems like a lot of people have had luck negotiating with Honda to help pay for the repair. I also forgot I have mechanical coverage on my insurance, as well as a 0$ comprehensive deductible so I am going to confirm with Geico that they could potentially help cover this repair as well.

I definitely have to pay the $190 diag fee, but if it's the condenser then everything will be covered under the service bulletin.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the advice, I read through the other 14 page post last night, and I am hoping the driver side being hotter is due to low refrigerant/leaking condenser and not anything with the compressor. It seems like a lot of people have had luck negotiating with Honda to help pay for the repair. I also forgot I have mechanical coverage on my insurance, as well as a 0$ comprehensive deductible so I am going to confirm with Geico that they could potentially help cover this repair as well.

I definitely have to pay the $190 diag fee, but if it's the condenser then everything will be covered under the service bulletin.
Good luck and keep us posted.

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I uninstalled my aftermarket horns since they would be in the way for the condenser check/repair tomorrow and I didn't want them to give me shit for it. While I had the bumper removed I inspected the condenser myself and didn't see any kind of tube damage or anything out of the ordinary. Also wanted to make sure they don't dick me around.
Interested to find out what the actual problem is tomorrow.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I uninstalled my aftermarket horns since they would be in the way for the condenser check/repair tomorrow and I didn't want them to give me shit for it. While I had the bumper removed I inspected the condenser myself and didn't see any kind of tube damage or anything out of the ordinary. Also wanted to make sure they don't dick me around.
Interested to find out what the actual problem is tomorrow.
Hope you took lots of Pictures of your "non-leaking" condenser... ;)

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hope you took lots of Pictures of your "non-leaking" condenser... ;)
Haha yes I took a bunch of pictures and a video to make sure I didn't get any tube damage from the tech working on my car.

annmarie

First Name
Ann-Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
Radiator is made of the same defective materials... Mine has an antifreeze stain.

samuellms

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring 2016
Country flag
After 3 condensers change, one compressor changes, and 3 refills of freon, the AC of my 2016 Civic touring is still not working. I am out of warranty already, but I have to bring it to the dealership again today.
This time they told me the AC evaporator is leaking... How awful can be Honda's design and materials to have everything leaking under 30000 miles???
They didn't charge me for the diagnosis, but they said they need to contact American Honda to determine whether this will be covered out of warranty...
Guys, what is my option if they don't cover it..?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
After 3 condensers change, one compressor changes, and 3 refills of freon, the AC of my 2016 Civic touring is still not working. I am out of warranty already, but I have to bring it to the dealership again today.
This time they told me the AC evaporator is leaking... How awful can be Honda's design and materials to have everything leaking under 30000 miles???
They didn't charge me for the diagnosis, but they said they need to contact American Honda to determine whether this will be covered out of warranty...
Guys, what is my option if they don't cover it..?

Per TSB 19-091 dated August 9, 2019:

"American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the original date of purchase with unlimited miles.

This warranty only covers vehicles that have a defective A/C condenser from the factory. The A/C condenser was not manufactured to specification. As a result, tiny holes may develop in the condenser tube walls that allows the refrigerant to leak out."

This is BS !!!
If the warranty only covers a defective A/C condenser from the factory, and the Dealer fits a Warranty condenser (same part #, same useless Manufactured out of spec" condenser that was removed, and it fails again (which it will), then there is no further Warranty coverage under TSB 19-091 ???

I have yet to see any discussion or statement about being able to identify these "Not manufactured to spec" condensers, and ways to identify them, as the replacement condensers seem to have the same exact part number as the defective ones.

The whole HONDA Condenser situation is totally FUBAR !!

Forget about a "Better Mousetrap" -- now about a "Better Honda Condenser" !!!
I am wondering if there are any non Honda OEM condensers that would fit, and would be a more reliable replacement to the Honda one.

Meanwhile, the Dealers are making a Killing, fitting replacement condensers with ridiculously high bills ($2000+) , and then changing you for YOUR own refrigerant that they just a few hours ago, sucked out of your car !!.

@chiefbrody Maybe you can ask your Dealer what the warranty is on the Condenser they are putting in under TSB 19-091, and if it fails within the 10 years of the car's original purchase date, is this warranty replacement one covered as per the original ???
Sponsored

Last edited: