Non leaking Condenser warranty

Civic10725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Took my car in for service because AC blowing warm air and they said the condenser was clogged but not leaking.

Does the extended warranty on the condenser cover a clogged/restricted condenser or just a leaking one?

2016 civic touring
Sponsored

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Better question is what do they mean by "clogged": external - grass/off-road excursion or internal?

kcao888

First Name
keny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2019 Accord
Country flag
Good luck getting the Honda to accept your recall. I took my 2016 civic to the dealership for the AC recall. My civic is currently blowing cold on the passenger side and warm on the driver side vents so i know its leaking freon. The dealership charged me a 159.00 diagnose fee and if they find the fault to be the AC condenser then it will be warranty but of course they found a small leak near the AC compressor... At the end of the day, I paid 1,200 to replace the AC compressor and tensioner. Unfortunately outside shops don't have the correct equipment to recharge the freon. What a recall scam to bring loyal customers into the dealership to be up-sold.

OP
OP

Civic10725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Better question is what do they mean by "clogged": external - grass/off-road excursion or internal?
I'm assuming internally. All I could get out of of them was that the condenser was clogged or there was a restriction somewhere in it.
I have an unsubstantiated nagging feeling it's really a leak and they don't want to fix it under the warranty for some reason.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I'm assuming internally. All I could get out of of them was that the condenser was clogged or there was a restriction somewhere in it.
I have an unsubstantiated nagging feeling it's really a leak and they don't want to fix it under the warranty for some reason.
When Scotty was not-so-young mechanic, that's how he used to check the AC for clogs using his logic and a IR thermometer. Because, not being Superman, Scotty doesn't have X-ray vision. There should be only the refrigerant and the oil inside the system, theoretically, but I guess "crud" is present everywhere. The best diagnostic tool would be IR camera imaging.

Sponsored