Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
è probabile, vedendo tutte le grinfie che bruci negli Stati Uniti

a 35 anche il 5 dovrebbe essere messo in città,
[QUOTE = "FlexRex, post: 675276, membro: 29562"] 35 miglia all'ora in 6a marcia?

Non uso il 6 ° eccetto su hwy e in crociera solo probabilmente 75-80 mph +. [/ PREVENTIVO]
Un italiano che guida 55kmh in città? Non l’ho mai visto, tu stai scherzando e?
Sponsored

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Un italiano che guida 55kmh in città? Non l’ho mai visto, tu stai scherzando e?
sorry, I mean that at 35 in the city the 4 gear is used and the 5 only if you are doing extra-urban

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I prefer maperformance, but either is gonna be huge over ktuner base maps.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
In this case BBG is your friend. You can limit the boost in higher gears and save your clutch.

My settings, YMMV

1 through 3rd - TSP settings

4th BBG with ramp - 20 psi
5th BBG with ramp - 17psi
6th BBG NO ramp - 15psi

BBG with ramp means it limits the boost to whatever target you set until 4000rpm and after that it goes to the TSP target, 24.5-26psi in my experience. You don’t want that in 5th or 6th low rpm, it will kill your clutch.
Sorry to jump in on an old thread, but I'm trying to translate a bit more the meaning of "ramp" vs. "no ramp" in BBG settings. So in your settings above, "no ramp" means that boost will never go about 15psi when in 6th. While you're 5th gear setting means it's limited to 17psi up to 4000rpm, but then can go up to peak setting after that (as high as 24psi in sport)? So in effect, no ramp is an absolute limit based on the boost you pick, while ramp is not. Do I have that right? I'm a little confused, because I thought the name of the game was to limit max boost in both 5th and 6th, where it could potentially do the most damage to your clutch. If I go to the tune, I'd definitely want to go "set it and forget it", and not concern myself with doing damage inadvertently.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I just use right foot control. But if I was trying to make it safe for an eager teen driver, I'd probably limit 5th gear to 7psi and 6th gear to 5psi. Those results would encourage downshifting but still allow mild highway acceleration in overdriven gears. Technically 4th is overdriven too I believe .

Reactions: mjh

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just use right foot control. But if I was trying to make it safe for an eager teen driver, I'd probably limit 5th gear to 7psi and 6th gear to 5psi. Those results would encourage downshifting but still allow mild highway acceleration in overdriven gears. Technically 4th is overdriven too I believe .
Micah, 4th is actually 1.024.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I just got my KTuner yesterday and flashed the TSP Stage 1 street MAF for now (till I get my PRL CAI on there). Took it for a spin last night and loved the new rev drop and throttle response!

Couple of questions:

1) If I was on Map 3 but drove “normally,” is that doing anything worse to my car than in Map 1?

2) I can’t find an option to reduce boost levels to anything under 10 PSI. There is a drop down tab that says like “custom, factory, default, 10 PSI, 11 PSI, 12 PSI...” etc.

3) I’m not seeing numbers pop up on the main screen of the KTuner software like I see in videos, where it shows a crap load of numbers and colors and such in a grid. Then again, I merely opened my tune file and didn’t create a new tune, so maybe that’s why. Just wondering if that’s normal given the way I went about it.

4) No 93 octane in my area, but far enough away is Sunoco 110 racing fuel. Though I might not be able to get it all the time, I’ll try to when I can to blend it. Is it cool if I’m running 91 for this?

Thanks. Look forward to getting in my car even for the mundane trips every day now!

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have Ktuner and the TSP it def wakes up the car, out of the hole not great but midrange and up to 100 the car gets there quick. The extra power plus the LSD and the Si’s great handling def makes for a fun drive, all for $23K can’t beat it.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Sorry to jump in on an old thread, but I'm trying to translate a bit more the meaning of "ramp" vs. "no ramp" in BBG settings. So in your settings above, "no ramp" means that boost will never go about 15psi when in 6th. While you're 5th gear setting means it's limited to 17psi up to 4000rpm, but then can go up to peak setting after that (as high as 24psi in sport)? So in effect, no ramp is an absolute limit based on the boost you pick, while ramp is not. Do I have that right? I'm a little confused, because I thought the name of the game was to limit max boost in both 5th and 6th, where it could potentially do the most damage to your clutch. If I go to the tune, I'd definitely want to go "set it and forget it", and not concern myself with doing damage inadvertently.
You have that correct. BBG without ramp is an absolute limit for whatever level is selected for that gear.

With ramp - targets set boost level until 4000rpm and then ramps to the boost table target.

Reactions: mjh

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I'm driving casually in Map 3 - Sport Mode all the time, is anything affecting the engine/rods/clutch any worse than if I were on Map 1 without Sport Mode on? Like, I'm staying between 2k-3k RPM, never entering boost, etc.

Just curious what kind of wear the car has for just being in that mapping and mode.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I'm driving casually in Map 3 - Sport Mode all the time, is anything affecting the engine/rods/clutch any worse than if I were on Map 1 without Sport Mode on? Like, I'm staying between 2k-3k RPM, never entering boost, etc.

Just curious what kind of wear the car has for just being in that mapping and mode.
It's not going to make much of a difference at all if just cruising.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not going to make much of a difference at all if just cruising.
Cool, because for the most part I'd mostly like to keep on this, and then utilize whatever within if "absolutely necessary" instead of having to change things over.
Sponsored