K-Tuner with TSP stage 1

CLnet2014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2018 Coupe
Country flag
Disagree w what he said. If you end up needing a clutch, then get it. But i would never buy a clutch first to go to a tsp stg 1 map.

Perhaps it is his driving style or abuse. The clutch should be able to handle spirited driving, but not abuse. I do not and would not recommend anyone go wot in 5-6th gears, unless racing and exhausted 4th gear already. Those gears are for cruising and min gas usage.

There are people running a stock clutch on a flex map, so to each his own. I am on a different platform on e50 but still on oem clutch. Not one issue yet and i go wot many times daily, 13k+ miles so far.
You just said it, 13k miles , just wait for it. I had the same opinion at that time when i was on map 3 , but it didn't take much time to wear out that weak clutch.

I don't abuse my car , but i do have spirited driving. If it was to cruising around like a grandpa , i wouldn't have bought an SI.

Its a good thing for people still running their stock clutch but it wasn't my experience.

That clutch doesn't like 280lbs of torque. Its a fact.

When i got 18k miles, the clutch slipping was barely noticeable but i just knew it because the power delivery wasn't the same as before. I started to look closely at the rpms and there was weird things going on in WOT. It was not consistent.

But anyway, the only thing i can say at that point is "time will tell" , but keep in mind that someday , the clutch will fail and you'll have to swap.
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Map 3 TSP tune is just fine! Either use your foot and brain or set the BBG to limit the power in upper gears. I understand that this is hard to fathom for you young bucks, but do yourself a favour at limit it in the settings!

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
[QUOTE = "saiko21, post: 674726, membro: 27035"] Fantastico! Lo esaminerò. Non voglio disabilitare rev hang come [USER = 23793] @ amirza786 [/ USER] menzionato nel suo thread renderà il disco più duro o cattivo [/ QUOTE]

Confermo, per l'uso quotidiano preferisco lasciarlo attivo

Last edited:

milk_jug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si sedan
Country flag
I daily on map 3 w stock clutch for about 15k miles, type r retro sitting here waiting tho....

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
You just said it, 13k miles , just wait for it. I had the same opinion at that time when i was on map 3 , but it didn't take much time to wear out that weak clutch.

I don't abuse my car , but i do have spirited driving. If it was to cruising around like a grandpa , i wouldn't have bought an SI.

Its a good thing for people still running their stock clutch but it wasn't my experience.

That clutch doesn't like 280lbs of torque. Its a fact.

When i got 18k miles, the clutch slipping was barely noticeable but i just knew it because the power delivery wasn't the same as before. I started to look closely at the rpms and there was weird things going on in WOT. It was not consistent.

But anyway, the only thing i can say at that point is "time will tell" , but keep in mind that someday , the clutch will fail and you'll have to swap.
It's only a matter of time before the massive tq increase does that clutch in. Instead of it lasting 5-10 yrs. With that tune you have to be prepared to replace a motor or clutch. In fact, I wouldn't mess with that much of an increase without having a professional tune it on a dyno. This is isn't like the 5whp increase you use to get with the vtecs lolz

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
It's only a matter of time before the massive tq increase does that clutch in. Instead of it lasting 5-10 yrs. With that tune you have to be prepared to replace a motor or clutch. In fact, I wouldn't mess with that much of an increase without having a professional tune it on a dyno.
You know Derek wrote the tune right?

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
You know Derek wrote the tune right?
So you're saying this tune is going to run the same with no issues on every single Si out of the box? No need for a professional to go over all the details to make sure the car is running right? I could see doing it yourself on a very mild tune. An additional 80 to 100 ft lbs is a huge increase.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
So you're saying this tune is going to run the same with no issues on every single Si out of the box?
I believe that was the intended purpose of creating the tune. It has been proven by dozens of us. Search the forums and let us know how many people had issues. Now contrast that against the +9 tune for Hondata(worked well for me, but not for others), and the MAP tune.

Over 30k on my 17 Si. I hit 25-26 psi daily and still average over 40mpg most tanks of fuel. Granted my commute is mostly highway, but the NJ Parkway is frequently stop and go, especially in the summer and I am getting over 40mpg consistently with the AC on, heated seat on high, and radio playing netflix/spotify/podcasts.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe that was the intended purpose of creating the tune. It has been proven by dozens of us. Search the forums and let us know how many people had issues. Now contrast that against the +9 tune for Hondata(worked well for me, but not for others), and the MAP tune.

Over 30k on my 17 Si. I hit 25-26 psi daily and still average over 40mpg most tanks of fuel. Granted my commute is mostly highway, but the NJ Parkway is frequently stop and go, especially in the summer and I am getting over 40mpg consistently with the AC on, heated seat on high, and radio playing netflix/spotify/podcasts.
Nice man. I'm still learning and will check out some of the other threads. Jersey here too with all the traffic..lol I actually hit 38mpg on a road trip for the first time yesterday. The car is still breaking in though @1k. I'm hoping to crack into the 40s soon.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice man. I'm still learning and will check out some of the other threads. Jersey here too with all the traffic..lol I actually hit 38mpg on a road trip for the first time yesterday. The car is still breaking in though @1k. I'm hoping to crack into the 40s soon.
Experience teaches. You'll get it. I live in TR and work in Edison. Also go to Philly or Carlstadt for work occasionally.

genXAmanteSI

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You should be fine... I currently run a 27won w1 turbo and FBOs on a stock clutch and was running KTuner with tsp stage 1 tune before the turbo install. Ran the tsp tune for 4,000 miles with no issues or slippage but some people experience otherwise.

The misconception is that the factory clutch/flywheel will break down due to the power gains but that's far from the truth. Just go by the feel of your car. The great thing about these tunes is that if you're ever unhappy with one, you can always reflash and load something else.

Enjoy

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

I think it was implied but it wasn't outright stated, so I have to be sure... but you haven't experienced any clutch slippage yet, is what you're saying?

As for the slipping itself, I know people say I'll feel it, but I'm worried that I somehow won't feel it when it happens. Yes, I probably would if I'm trying to hit 20+ PSI, but I don't even think I've done that yet since owning my car, so if I'm not pushing that high on a daily commute and there is slippage, what if it's so slight that I don't feel it, and I'm driving like that for a long time? Is that messing up any other parts of the car?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Zero clutch slip found here. I don't use BBG but i do use my feet intelligently and avoid boost in overdriven gears since a lower gear is going to give better acceleration results.

I hit over 20psi daily. When I am on the highway I drive respectfully and flow with traffic. When I grt off the highway I enjoy a spirited pull or two up to the speed limit as traffic allows.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I’m 30k miles, 10k of those tuned. I think the folks with slippage issues tuned their cars right after ( or right away) the 500 mile “break-in”. The clutch needs a lot longer than that to reach its full potential. I have zero slip and don’t hammer it in 5-6. Yes, I also set up BBG as a backup, I don’t need those high boost levels in 5-6.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
How the hell do you people get 40+ MPG??? Are you cruising on the freeway going 60-65?

I drives spirited but always hurry to 6 35mph and above.

I average about 32.8 usually map 3 normal. Now, I drive 70/30 roads/highway. I also average 80-85 MPH(allegedly).

@Micah

What is your secrect O wise sage?

Sitting currently just under 7k miles
Sponsored