FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
How the hell do you people get 40+ MPG??? Are you cruising on the freeway going 60-65?

I drives spirited but always hurry to 6 35mph and above.

I average about 32.8 usually map 3 normal. Now, I drive 70/30 roads/highway. I also average 80-85 MPH(allegedly).
35mph in 6th gear?

I dont use 6th except on hwy and at cruising only probably 75-80mph+.
Sponsored

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
As far as needing a new clutch, bottom line is it all depends on the driver and not what kind of tunes you have. If you like to dump the clutch regularly and burn out, chirp the wheels, basically beat on the car and treat it harshly you’re gonna need a new clutch. Honda makes pretty durable vehicles, but to a point.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i mean, a clutch upgrade just FEELS better anyways haha...I'd consider it as a legit standalone mod over the wet noodle we get.

flywheel is fine

I run MAPerformance now, TSP was overrkill in map 3 and map 2 isnt as good as MAPerforance's most aggressive map (which makes less power and hits in a more butt-dyno frienly way imo)

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I just pushed it until the clutch was so bad it slipped in 3rd and traded to a 19 R. Lol Unless you intentionally let it slip all the time it should last as long as factory tune would allow. You learn what gears and rpms to avoid really fast.

Jolavemma

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes.

Note that if you want to run this tune on your stock clutch, don't go over map 2 , it will save you some time. Maybe just the time you save money for a clutch swap later on :p

I ran map 2 for couple months , i had to issues , but as soon as i started to run on map 3 , the clutch started to slip ( which is understandable ) , even if i was careful to not go WOT before 4k rpms , in every gear.

From my point of view, don't get the TSP Stage 1 tune if you don't have an aftermarket clutch. I don't see the point of running their tune if you don't go to map 3, as its their most powerful and fun map to drive.

My two cents
If I have a warranty . And I get this tsp tune
1st. Do I have to leave the ktuner pluged in ? And if so does it go back to stock when I unplug

2 . Do I have to go through the whole process of uploading that tune once you unplug ?

3. What’s the difference between ktuners bass maps and tsp? Is tsp just all 3 ktuner maps but adjustable ? ( I do not own a ktuner yet so I am new )

And 4. Will the dealer ever know I did anything to it if it’s just a tune but now stock tuned ? That way they can replace the clutch under warranty ?

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I have a warranty . And I get this tsp tune
1st. Do I have to leave the ktuner pluged in ? And if so does it go back to stock when I unplug

2 . Do I have to go through the whole process of uploading that tune once you unplug ?

3. What’s the difference between ktuners bass maps and tsp? Is tsp just all 3 ktuner maps but adjustable ? ( I do not own a ktuner yet so I am new )

And 4. Will the dealer ever know I did anything to it if it’s just a tune but now stock tuned ? That way they can replace the clutch under warranty ?
1st. You do not need to leave the KTuner plugged in. It will keep the tune you flashed to the ECU. To swap between maps with TSP Stage 1, you use the cruise control buttons and the dash.

2. No.

3. KTuner's base maps are less powerful than the TSP Stage 1.

4. It's argued both ways whether or not the dealer can see your flashes. The consensus seems to be that they can if they go out of their way to look. Replacing the stock clutch with another stock clutch is silly. Get an upgraded clutch which can handle more power.

Jolavemma

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
1st. You do not need to leave the KTuner plugged in. It will keep the tune you flashed to the ECU. To swap between maps with TSP Stage 1, you use the cruise control buttons and the dash.

2. No.

3. KTuner's base maps are less powerful than the TSP Stage 1.

4. It's argued both ways whether or not the dealer can see your flashes. The consensus seems to be that they can if they go out of their way to look. Replacing the stock clutch with another stock clutch is silly. Get an upgraded clutch which can handle more power.

Thank you also . If you have the ktuner v1.2 and use ktuner base maps . You can only use one at a time opposed to tsp stage one where you can go back and fourth between the 3 . Is this correct ?

Also in tsp maps 2 and 3 is there a difference in boost when in sport mode or does it stay the same ? TIA

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So you're saying this tune is going to run the same with no issues on every single Si out of the box? No need for a professional to go over all the details to make sure the car is running right? I could see doing it yourself on a very mild tune. An additional 80 to 100 ft lbs is a huge increase.
TSP stage 1 was built for a stock Si, at the most you gain 55 whp (map 3 with sports mode) on a good day if the wind is blowing just right

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you also . If you have the ktuner v1.2 and use ktuner base maps . You can only use one at a time opposed to tsp stage one where you can go back and fourth between the 3 . Is this correct ?

Also in tsp maps 2 and 3 is there a difference in boost when in sport mode or does it stay the same ? TIA
https://twostepperformance.com/two-step-performance-tsp-stage-1-tune-for-2017-2019-honda-civic-si/

Two Step Performance has partnered with Derek Robinson to offer a high quality Stage 1 tune for the 2017 Civic Si that offers an additional 55 whp and 76 ft lbs of torque in comparison to the factory ECU calibration. Details are as follows:

MAP 1 : 182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
MAP 2 : 208whp / 258tq - KTuner Starter 23psi
MAP 3 : 237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune

All testing was completed on a stock 2017 Civic Si running 93 octane fuel. Tune features include:

• Numerous fuel, ignition, turbo response, throttle response changes.
  • WOT shifting enabled.
  • Adjustable launch control enabled.
  • "Rev hang" disabled with standard throttle padding. (the end user can enable "rev hang", if desired)
  • All disables / monitors are able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • Quick Boost By Gear is able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • On-the-fly boost map switching active for normal and "Sport" modes. (see below)
Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
Map 2: 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
Map 3: 19psi normal, custom boost level "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

I hit 25 PSI usually on the TSP Stage 1 tune (map 3 with sport mode on). Sometimes it will see 26 PSI for a moment.

There's some info on the TSP Stage 1 tune. I have KTuner version 2.0. I can't help with your questions on 1.2.

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the author of that thread and being tuned with TSP stage 1 for over 7 months and over 10k miles I can tell you it's safe for your clutch as long as you 1) don't frequently use map 3 in sports mode and 2) don't wot in 5th or 6th gear at low speed/RPM or in any gear for that matter if you are below 2500 RPM.

As far as engine wear while using this tune, my last oil analysis showed completely normal wear. Data logging some of my runs also showed completely normal fuel trims, k control etc.

I would just advise to stay away from bolt-on's except maybe a performance Intercooler, which benefited by cooling down charged air by 20 degrees

Sorry im not too familiar but why would you advise to stay away from bolt ons w/ tsp stage 1?

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry im not too familiar but why would you advise to stay away from bolt ons w/ tsp stage 1?
According to Two-Step Performance, "Suitable for use with the factory intake or a QUALITY aftermarket intake that keep fuel trims in check such as the PRL Motorsports Cobra. Aftermarket downpipes are also fine. Mods such as this are expected to add power that is not accounted for in our dyno testing."

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I would stay away from bolt-on's period, unless you know what you are doing and are adventurous (except an upgraded Intercooler). My reasons are that they add complexity, and there are more chances of throwing codes and for things to go wrong. You will need a custom tune to take advantage of your bolt-on's. It also causes problems when you sell your car, I'll talk about that another time. Anyway that's my take

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
è probabile, vedendo tutte le grinfie che bruci negli Stati Uniti

a 35 anche il 5 dovrebbe essere messo in cittĂ ,
[QUOTE = "FlexRex, post: 675276, membro: 29562"] 35 miglia all'ora in 6a marcia?

Non uso il 6 ° eccetto su hwy e in crociera solo probabilmente 75-80 mph +. [/ PREVENTIVO]

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
How the hell do you people get 40+ MPG??? Are you cruising on the freeway going 60-65?

I drives spirited but always hurry to 6 35mph and above.

I average about 32.8 usually map 3 normal. Now, I drive 70/30 roads/highway. I also average 80-85 MPH(allegedly).

@Micah

What is your secrect O wise sage?

Sitting currently just under 7k miles
I easily get 40 MPG cruising at 70-73 MPH on fairly flat highway.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two Step Performance has partnered with Derek Robinson to offer a high quality Stage 1 tune for the 2017 Civic Si that offers an additional 55 whp and 76 ft lbs of torque in comparison to the factory ECU calibration. Details are as follows:

MAP 1 : 182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
MAP 2 : 208whp / 258tq - KTuner Starter 23psi
MAP 3 : 237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune
Anyone else have a problem with the math here (206+76=282)? Sorry if this has come up before in some of the other 20+ kTuner/TSP threads, I've read most of them.
Sponsored