October 19, 2015 - Pricing announcement
[source]
October 19, 2015 - first drive reviews released
October 23, 2015 - Rumored dealer training on 2016 Civic
[source]
October 20, 2015 - 2016 Civic sedan production begins in Canada [source]
October 27, 2015 - 2015 Civic sedan production begins in US [source]
October last week - November first week - Release / On-Sale date [source]

Still no word on 5-door or specific trims, like Si or Type-R.

I'm hoping we can keep this thread pretty specific, so as time goes on and more information is released, we can add it here.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

SpaceKyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
My local dealership contacted me and told me it'll be arriving in September!

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Hey Guys and Gals,

My official training is set for the 20th of November. We are expecting for the Civic to arrive sooner than that, however.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
So production begins 10/27 but dealer training starts 11/20. Only 3 weeks to arrive at dealerships... that's a quick turnaround no? I woud've thought they hold them for longer to make sure all quality control issues are resolved especially a first model year.

UpperLeftUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Hey Guys and Gals,

My official training is set for the 20th of November. We are expecting for the Civic to arrive sooner than that, however.
Does that mean that the actual sale of the vehicle will be held until late November?

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
question - since this is an all new model how long is prudent to wait for them to work out early production issues ? I really don't want to wait an entire model year

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
question - since this is an all new model how long is prudent to wait for them to work out early production issues ? I really don't want to wait an entire model year
Thats a tough question, but the reality is that, unlike the current Fit, the 2016 Civic is not being made in a new factory and the new turbo engine has already been used in Japan.

I know customers who usually wait year two when a new model comes out, but if the tech/drive-train has already been used in other cars, I personally would not wait, if its a vehicle that I really want.

What do you think?

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Thats a tough question, but the reality is that, unlike the current Fit, the 2016 Civic is not being made in a new factory and the new turbo engine has already been used in Japan.

I know customers who usually wait year two when a new model comes out, but if the tech/drive-train has already been used in other cars, I personally would not wait, if its a vehicle that I really want.

What do you think?
That's a good way of looking at it. If all the major components (engine, transmission, audio/nav) are known quantities already, which is pretty much the case here except for the actual new chassis which is being used for the first time, it's probably not going to have some major widespread failure of an important component. Honda is Honda, their stuff is generally very reliable. The biggest things I worry about with new cars these days is the electronics. There's so much electronics in cars now and electronic related stuff tends to have more issues on the whole than mechanical.

I dunno maybe I'm being too trustworthy to justify buying the Si when it first hits dealers? :D Anyone here actually purposely waiting a year or two before buying just in case?

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Anyone here actually purposely waiting a year or two before buying just in case?

I plan on getting mine for a birthday/Christmas present to myself, since it will not be here in time for my birthday next week.

BUT since it is my Bday/Christmas present I will get it much earlier than Christmas!!

I'm not concerned about the 1st year thing.
Sponsored