yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
What model are you looking to get now that all the specs and model differences are revealed?
My choice was always going to be the EX. My requirements aren't as high as some of the fans around these parts. I really just wanted the least possible while being able to have Android Auto/Car Play. In a perfect world I'd want leather seats but I think that might be a steep jump for me. I'm leasing.
Sponsored

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
My choice was always going to be the EX. My requirements aren't as high as some of the fans around these parts. I really just wanted the least possible while being able to have Android Auto/Car Play. In a perfect world I'd want leather seats but I think that might be a steep jump for me. I'm leasing.
Probably best lease deals on the LX and EX anyway so good choice. :thumbsup:

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
I hadn't thought about that but maybe you're onto something - that not seeing paddle shifters included on the CVT for the base model might mean we see a DCT for the Si (with paddles)... this is assuming that there'll be some paddle shifted transmission somewhere in the lineup of course. Tho this is also assuming that they plan to give the Si an auto transmission of some type. They could just go manual only again.
Honda needs to push everything as far as possible with the new Civic and pull as far ahead of the competition as possible. They need a DCT in the SI and I hope their vision for the new Civic goes that far. They have a chance with the new Civic and the upcoming CRV, Ridgeline, and Accord redesigns next year to send a message to the other manufacturers that they will never let them close the gap again. They have the best R&D division in the automotive industry, deep pockets and I hope corporate Honda will let loose and tell the employees of Honda that they lost their vision for awhile and suddenly remembered they are the company whose heartbeat is What Dreams Are Made Of. My family has owned over 100 Honda products from their cars, motorcycles, generators, and lawnmowers and I started selling Honda cars in 1986 and am still with Honda today. My father started us on this trek with Honda by buying a 305 Super Hawk in the early 60's and we took off from that point with our passion for Honda products. I have no doubt if Honda's insight is as far reaching from this point in time starting with the 2016 Civic that they can pull away from all manufacturers and gain a larger part of the market share than they have ever had as long as they start from this day, never look back and commit as a whole to no corner cutting in any shape or fashion. Long live once again Honda What Dreams Are Made Of!

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Honda needs to push everything as far as possible with the new Civic and pull as far ahead of the competition as possible. They need a DCT in the SI and I hope their vision for the new Civic goes that far. They have a chance with the new Civic and the upcoming CRV, Ridgeline, and Accord redesigns next year to send a message to the other manufacturers that they will never let them close the gap again. They have the best R&D division in the automotive industry, deep pockets and I hope corporate Honda will let loose and tell the employees of Honda that they lost their vision for awhile and suddenly remembered they are the company whose heartbeat is What Dreams Are Made Of. My family has owned over 100 Honda products from their cars, motorcycles, generators, and lawnmowers and I started selling Honda cars in 1986 and am still with Honda today. My father started us on this trek with Honda by buying a 305 Super Hawk in the early 60's and we took off from that point with our passion for Honda products. I have no doubt if Honda's insight is as far reaching from this point in time starting with the 2016 Civic that they can pull away from all manufacturers and gain a larger part of the market share than they have ever had as long as they start from this day, never look back and commit as a whole to no corner cutting in any shape or fashion. Long live once again Honda What Dreams Are Made Of!
Over 100 products damn, you bleed Honda!

DCT is what everyone wants but we don't even know if the Si will get an 'auto' transmission at all. Another member also brought up the question whether the DCT box presumably from the ILX would be able to deal with the Si's power level.

OP
OP

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
September sales of compact cars:

Civic 28,278
Corolla 26,636
Elantra 20,724
Sentra 14,196
Cruze 14,032
Focus 13,437
Mazda3 7,757
Jetta 7,746
Dart 7,244
Impreza 5,555

Once production is fully ramped up for the 2016 Civc at the Ontario plant and the Indiana plant, I think Honda will have the capacity to make up to about 32,000 Civics every month for the US market. Will the demand be there to sell that many? My guess is yes, but even short of that number the Civic could still be the #1 selling car in its class. It's good this car looks so good, because in a about a year you're likely to see a fair number of them on the road. But don't take that the wrong way. Even if Honda sells c. 300,000 or so 2016 Civics during this short model year, a year from now this Civic will still be a rare sight given the total US vehicle population of c. 250 million cars, trucks, and SUVs.

So, go ahead an buy your Civic. It's going to draw stares as a special car for years to come....

Last edited:

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Probably best lease deals on the LX and EX anyway so good choice. :thumbsup:
I hope so. It's funny, I was this close to getting a Mazda 3 and not waiting for this.....until I started reading about it and knowing the embargo was up soon (thanks to this place).

I figure I may have to put more down on the lease than I'd like to for the civic ex but I'll get a lot more out of it.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
I hope so. It's funny, I was this close to getting a Mazda 3 and not waiting for this.....until I started reading about it and knowing the embargo was up soon (thanks to this place).

I figure I may have to put more down on the lease than I'd like to for the civic ex but I'll get a lot more out of it.
Now that the reviews are out, it's clear the new Civic will be the best all arounder in its segment. Mazda 3 sedan looks really dated IMO when you look at it vs the new Civic in this comparo the site put together - 2016 Honda Civic vs Mazda3 Sedan Comparison

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Now that the reviews are out, it's clear the new Civic will be the best all arounder in its segment. Mazda 3 sedan looks really dated IMO when you look at it vs the new Civic in this comparo the site put together - 2016 Honda Civic vs Mazda3 Sedan Comparison
The difference in the interiors in terms of premium look and feel seems crazy in those pictures. Definitely worth the higher downpayment.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Here's was the big moment from the start of production ceremony!

Funny, they both had their seatbelts on!!

Must have been because the chick was driving!!

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I sure hope this is correct. I just read that Rallye Red will not be available in Canada in any trim. Please say it isn't so......
I read that too. Then these are headed for the US. :(

They must have some data that tells them red wouldn't do well in Canada? :dunno:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I sure hope this is correct. I just read that Rallye Red will not be available in Canada in any trim. Please say it isn't so......
Where did you read that? Link?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
From this review: http://driving.ca/honda/civic/reviews/road-test/first-drive-2016-honda-civic

"Sadly, Canada does not get the racy red the U.S. enjoys."
Based on that article, I don't think we get the EX-T either. The EX-L then brings in the Turbo Engine with fog lights and 17' wheels and Honda Sensing STANDARD. Then we get the stripper DX model with no A/C. And the LX has the 7' touch screen. No red either... Interesting. I'd also wonder if we can get the EX model with the 2.0 manual. The outgoing EX model in Canada can be had with the MT but it's CVT only on US cars.

Other things I've noticed. The interior shot of the EX model doesn't have buttons for heated seats when it was mentioned it was standard on LX and above models, and the wireless charger is equipped on that Touring model. If press cars generally don't have dealer accessories added, I'm gonna speculate that it comes standard on the Canadian Touring.

Canadian models usually don't get TPMS either.

Technically the DX model is $15 990 CAD so it's $12 223 USD Haha. That's one inexpensive car.

EDIT* I just noticed something about the pictures of the car in that article. If you look at the white Touring and scroll through the pictures, the word "Turbo" is printed in the rocker panel just behind the rear door in front of the rear wheels. (Where the i-VTEC logo usually goes) Nice touch.
Sponsored

Last edited: