Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Wow pricing not for another month! Okay so Thanksgiving at dealerships is definitely sounding like it was accurate.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Anyone care to take a guess? Mine is $400 increase over current prices.
They added too much amenities and upgraded that interior too much for there not to be an increase I think.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I think the base model might get by with a $400 or so increase. But stepping up to the EXL, which currently lists for c. $23,660, I'm guessing we might have more of a $800 or so increase. It'll still be a screaming deal over the current car, because not only do you get the smokin' hot looks, better handling, more room, etc, but you also get a turbo engine, CarPlay, etc., etc.

I think 24.5k is a good guess for the EXL. But Sensing would add 1k to that.

The model that most intrigues me is the new EXT, the lowest level of model with the turbo. My current Accord has leather, but honestly I can live without that. I actually like cloth better for really hot and cold days.

So the 2016 EXT Civic is going to have the turbo, CarPlay, etc., etc. And it shouldn't be more than maybe 23.5 msrp.

And that will be for a vehicle that has more interior room than an Acura TLX, and should be able to get to 60 faster as well.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
I think we'll see a big increase $800-1000. They keep talking about it being the biggest redesign in Civic history and it may just be. It's still got a lot of room over head to remain a great value. It's been taken slightly upmarket I would say. I read they benchmarked it against the Audi A3 in terms of quality, materials and luxury feel.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I think we'll see a big increase $800-1000. They keep talking about it being the biggest redesign in Civic history and it may just be. It's still got a lot of room over head to remain a great value. It's been taken slightly upmarket I would say. I read they benchmarked it against the Audi A3 in terms of quality, materials and luxury feel.
I agree, the upper trims are going to see a good hike and I wouldn't be surprised to be able to hit $28k with a fully-loaded Touring. It (the sedan) has definitely been taken up-market. It felt like a Mazda3 challenger instead of a Corolla fighter.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I agree, the upper trims are going to see a good hike and I wouldn't be surprised to be able to hit $28k with a fully-loaded Touring. It (the sedan) has definitely been taken up-market. It felt like a Mazda3 challenger instead of a Corolla fighter.
I'd say it's beyond the Mazda3 and is in a class by itself. Yeah, I like Hondas, but that didn't keep me from seeing that the 9th generation Civic sedan was on the slow and boring side of things. The 2016 Civic completely turns it around. I never thought Honda would do something this wild on the styling front. And the engineering beneath it is just as impressive.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
I'd say it's beyond the Mazda3 and is in a class by itself. Yeah, I like Hondas, but that didn't keep me from seeing that the 9th generation Civic sedan was on the slow and boring side of things. The 2016 Civic completely turns it around. I never thought Honda would do something this wild on the styling front. And the engineering beneath it is just as impressive.
Yea I don't know anyone that thinks the 9th gen was anything but boring (sorry to any 9th gen owners here). Gonna be interesting to see how the 10th gen sales compares. A few years ago I woulda said it'll definitely top 9th gen sales by alot but sales are trending towards crossovers and small SUVs and away from small-medium cars.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I think the base model might get by with a $400 or so increase. But stepping up to the EXL, which currently lists for c. $23,660, I'm guessing we might have more of a $800 or so increase. It'll still be a screaming deal over the current car, because not only do you get the smokin' hot looks, better handling, more room, etc, but you also get a turbo engine, CarPlay, etc., etc.

I think 24.5k is a good guess for the EXL. But Sensing would add 1k to that.

The model that most intrigues me is the new EXT, the lowest level of model with the turbo. My current Accord has leather, but honestly I can live without that. I actually like cloth better for really hot and cold days.

So the 2016 EXT Civic is going to have the turbo, CarPlay, etc., etc. And it shouldn't be more than maybe 23.5 msrp.

And that will be for a vehicle that has more interior room than an Acura TLX, and should be able to get to 60 faster as well.
I doubt the 1.5T is gonna be competitive against a K24 TLX. I think the 1.5T is gonna do 0-60 in about 7.8 to 8.1 seconds. About 0.5 seconds slower than the K24 TLX and a whole lot slower than the V6.

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Yea I don't know anyone that thinks the 9th gen was anything but boring (sorry to any 9th gen owners here). Gonna be interesting to see how the 10th gen sales compares. A few years ago I woulda said it'll definitely top 9th gen sales by alot but sales are trending towards crossovers and small SUVs and away from small-medium cars.
Stiffer competition too but I think the Type R coming to the states will help boost sales in the US for the whole line. A lot more enthusiasts and performance minded people will pay attention to the Si and Type R which will filter down to the coupe. The sedan will still fill the average buyer niche looking for comfort and efficiency.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
The TLX 4 cylinder weighs c. 3500 lbs.

The 2015 Civic LX CVT weighs c.2800 lbs, and I think the 2016 LX CVT will weigh about the same.

700 can make a big difference.

I think the 1.5 Turbo is going to be faster to 60 than the TLX or the Accord because of the torque and the weight difference. We'll see.

My guess is that the 1.5 Turbo Civic is going to break 7 seconds.

My guess is that the 2.0 Si Civic is going to break 6 seconds.

The Type R 5 seconds?

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I had read in early reports starting was around 19k. But the general manager at my dealership said the price will get "up there" around 29K. Nothing official yet he said

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is, no. If the sedan is the only thing on sale, that will be the only pricing revealed.
Depends on how long they wait to show the coupe. They said sedan before thanksgiving... if the coupe has a few week delay over that i'm hoping by end of this year, but it could be on hold until january/february which sucks.

In terms of price, they've said around 19k. They don't want to alienate their core buyers. I can definitely see the EXL getting a more substantial price bump. The EX should be around the same as well. The EX-T you can figure in the upgrade cost of the 1.5T and the standard CVT. So maybe around 22k for the EX-T model. Figure about 24 for EXL and 26-28 for the touring.

As for engines. I don't see it being faster than the TLX but closer to the accord base which i think does 0-60 in like 7.4 seconds. You figure the 1.5 is only 10hp lower than the 2.4 in the accord. Plus weight savings over the accord and i'd imagine mid 7s for the 1.5T and a solid 8 for then 2.0 which isn't bad in a class of cars that pretty much all do 8.2 or more to 60, even the current class leaders. I'm more interested in handling. Hoping if they benchmarked the A3 that'll mean skidpad numbers around .88g (which is what the accord can pull depending on trim and engine) but is right in line with the mazda3, golf and ford focus that all do .87-.88g but really more so than numbers, how the car FEELS is more important. I really hope honda has tweaked the power steering to have a bit more weight and feel to it, even if it's artificial, i hate how light my 9th gen steering is. Definitely hoping the torque vectoring is standard on the turbo models, since they're more sport oriented, understeer with the 9th gen is awful.
Sponsored