Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
The hardest trims to tell apart at a glance will be the EXT and EXL models as they have the same outward appearance and rims. Unless you can look inside the car to see if it has leather, they'll appear identical on the road.
My guess is just for the Canadian model I don't think it will be on the US model I know for the crv in most other countries we build for have an i-vtech sticker on the rear glass
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EDIT* I just noticed something about the pictures of the car in that article. If you look at the white Touring and scroll through the pictures, the word "Turbo" is printed in the rocker panel just behind the rear door in front of the rear wheels. (Where the i-VTEC logo usually goes) Nice touch.
I was wondering if honda would do any type of turbo badging for the civic. I'm glad they are... wonder if they'll all have it on the rocker panels like that or if the non-touring models will have it on the trunk (where the "touring" model badging is).

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TPMS was part of our Pilot Touring package but not our HRV EXL package. Not sure why, it is a nice feature, but it does add to the cost when adding winter tires and rims.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read that too. Then these are headed for the US. :(

They must have some data that tells them red wouldn't do well in Canada? :dunno:
Rallye red would be my first choice. Second choice would be Modern Steel but I really want the red. With the sportier lines and the upcoming hatch back I can't be the only one itching for the USA red.

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Over 100 products damn, you bleed Honda!

DCT is what everyone wants but we don't even know if the Si will get an 'auto' transmission at all. Another member also brought up the question whether the DCT box presumably from the ILX would be able to deal with the Si's power level.
Good morning Viva. I will have the privilege and honor to drive the new Civic on October 27th in the early morning and will dig as deep as I can with Honda about the DCT in the SI and let you know my true gut review of the new Civic. Working in the sales and internet department with a Honda dealership for all these years makes people think we receive more information way before the customer but Honda is so secretive we usually don't have any more information. Look forward to that day and getting back with all of you.

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Based on that article, I don't think we get the EX-T either. The EX-L then brings in the Turbo Engine with fog lights and 17' wheels and Honda Sensing STANDARD. Then we get the stripper DX model with no A/C. And the LX has the 7' touch screen. No red either... Interesting. I'd also wonder if we can get the EX model with the 2.0 manual. The outgoing EX model in Canada can be had with the MT but it's CVT only on US cars.

Other things I've noticed. The interior shot of the EX model doesn't have buttons for heated seats when it was mentioned it was standard on LX and above models, and the wireless charger is equipped on that Touring model. If press cars generally don't have dealer accessories added, I'm gonna speculate that it comes standard on the Canadian Touring.

Canadian models usually don't get TPMS either.

Technically the DX model is $15 990 CAD so it's $12 223 USD Haha. That's one inexpensive car.

EDIT* I just noticed something about the pictures of the car in that article. If you look at the white Touring and scroll through the pictures, the word "Turbo" is printed in the rocker panel just behind the rear door in front of the rear wheels. (Where the i-VTEC logo usually goes) Nice touch.
There's something off about this article....maybe. Since when does the LX model have a 7 inch display? That has never happened before in Canada and at ~19K I just don't see it happening again.....I feel like the jump from ~19K to 22.5K (LX to EX) doesn't add up in terms of the price/feature difference. Maybe I'm just not thinking about it properly but it seems odd.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Because TPMS isn't mandated in Canada. None of the Civics have it, Acura ILX doesn't have it. Which is actually a benefit to me. I check my tire pressures once a month for anomolies so I really don't need them. Switching over to winter rims is far easier too. The large SUVs and vans have them.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There's something off about this article....maybe. Since when does the LX model have a 7 inch display? That has never happened before in Canada and at ~19K I just don't see it happening again.....I feel like the jump from ~19K to 22.5K (LX to EX) doesn't add up in terms of the price/feature difference. Maybe I'm just not thinking about it properly but it seems odd.
Honda Fit LX in Canada has the 7 inch display and Accord LX has it too in Canada...

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Honda Fit LX in Canada has the 7 inch display and Accord LX has it too in Canada...
The more you know I guess. I didn't check any of the current 2016 models. That's interesting though....so android auto carplay could potentially be had with the LX? Don't think there is a way for them to hold it back to EX is there.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If it has the 7 inch screen itll support Carplay and Android Auto. Just no lanewatch on LX models