Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Thats a tough question, but the reality is that, unlike the current Fit, the 2016 Civic is not being made in a new factory and the new turbo engine has already been used in Japan.

I know customers who usually wait year two when a new model comes out, but if the tech/drive-train has already been used in other cars, I personally would not wait, if its a vehicle that I really want.

What do you think?
HondaGeek since you seem to be the resident dealer on here, I wanted to ask if you have any information (or a best guess) when we can start hearing about the coupe now that all the press info is out on the sedan. Any indication when production/availability might be for it? I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, there's a lot of posts and I dont get to read them all.
Sponsored

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Full production started today in Canada:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...anada-Mfg.-Global-Lead-Plant-Tenth-Generation

"October 20, 2015 04:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time
ALLISTON, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) today celebrated the global start of mass production of the all-new, dynamic 2016 Honda Civic sedan at its production facility in Alliston, ON. Slated to go on sale at dealerships across Canada later this fall, the all-new tenth generation Honda Civic is the most ambitious remake of the model in its 43-year history. Civic has been Canada’s best-selling passenger car for the past 17 consecutive years.

“Canadians can also take pride in knowing that every Civic coupe, sedan and Si model sold in Canada is made right here in Ontario, for Canadians, by Canadians.”

Today’s ceremony follows Honda’s previous announcement of a significant investment of $857-million over three years to innovate its three award-winning manufacturing plants with new technologies and processes.

As the global lead plant, HCM is not only the first plant in the world to launch the all-new Civic into mass production, but is also responsible for developing the processes and tooling that will form the manufacturing base at all Honda plants globally that will build the tenth generation Civic model.

“Our team also set a new benchmark, taking on the incredible challenge of being the lead plant for the global launch of this new Civic, and we’re committed to delivering world-class Civic quality for our customers here in Canada and around the world,” said Dan Smith, president of Honda of Canada Mfg.

More than 4.5 million Civics have been built at Honda’s manufacturing facility since 1988 and Civic sales in Canada exceed 1.89 million units...."

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I normally like my Hondas to be built in the US, but I make an exception for our good friends to the North. Would be happy and proud to own a Civic from Canada. My brother-in-law had a Civic Si built in Canada, and it was an excellent car.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
the dealer called me - the training is Nov. 3 and I will get to see the car

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I normally like my Hondas to be built in the US, but I make an exception for our good friends to the North. Would be happy and proud to own a Civic from Canada. My brother-in-law had a Civic Si built in Canada, and it was an excellent car.
Have you ever had a Japanese Honda before? If you've had, the US/Canada ones are junk compared to those. Too bad the CRZ and the Acura RLX are the only ones made overseas now.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Have you ever had a Japanese Honda before? If you've had, the US/Canada ones are junk compared to those. Too bad the CRZ and the Acura RLX are the only ones made overseas now.
How do you figure they are made the same exact way the only difference is you have a japanese associate instead of an American the processes on the car will be the exact same so if they built the crv in japan and shipped it to America it would be identical to a crv built in America by American associates

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
we have two in at our dealership in NJ
Sponsored