Your 10th Gen Is this a hype ting or lifetime ting?

Are you driving your 10th Gen to the ground or leasing/selling before its dead?

• Total voters

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
My family has never leased and drove their cars to the ground. My civic hb was a decision based on 10 years+ /driving it to the ground investment. How do you guys view your civic purchase? Long term or short term?
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking to keep it long term,assuming I don't have to file a lemon law suit here soon :(

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
All my cars have been around 10 years old with 200,000 km when I got them. This is the first new car I've ever had and I plan on keeping it for 10 years.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before I went back to the Philippines for the first two months ago, I only see myself keeping her for 7-8 years.

I ended LOVING Philippines that I will be putting all my attention/money on it. I plan to buy my friend's land and build house, go back every year and even retire there.

I am done with trading in for a new. I had 5 brand new purchases by 40 and hopefully both my toys last long.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm even trying to endmy addiction with cell phones. LOL

ramnj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on keeping this one until the wheels fall off.

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I'm even trying to endmy addiction with cell phones. LOL
LOL the only thing I could see shortening the lifespan is a whole new dimension for cars which is android infotainment. However you could go aftermarket when it ages after another year lol. I am guilty of my phone addiction as well and for that I have 'standards'

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Before I went back to the Philippines for the first two months ago, I only see myself keeping her for 7-8 years.

I ended LOVING Philippines that I will be putting all my attention/money on it. I plan to buy my friend's land and build house, go back every year and even retire there.

I am done with trading in for a new. I had 5 brand new purchases by 40 and hopefully both my toys last long.
I was thinking of adding an option of life situations as well but in reality you can't really predict that when buying a car. Like starting a family and getting a bigger car or moving. Philippines I hear is a beautiful country! Hopefully you can finally go from 12 months of winter to 0

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh no whats the lemon lawsuit?
To make a long story short,Its been in the shop over four times now for stuff not working correctly when using the remote start.I've got a thread or two an out the specific issues posted.

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
To make a long story short,Its been in the shop over four times now for stuff not working correctly when using the remote start.I've got a thread or two an out the specific issues posted.
Tough luck you can you had with your civic. Hopefully it all clears up!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll either have it for 3-5 years and trade out... or if i go much past that and I'll keep it for my oldest who's almost 8 so she can have it as a first car. It oughta be about 9 years old... with the engine w/around 100k miles (just broke in) and the clear coat totally shot like half the other ~10 year old Honda's I see. Great first car for a kid.

cstephens79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2016 Kia Sorento SX
Vehicle Showcase
My EX-L sedan is supposed to be on a five year plan to be handed down to my son. However, the Si's have really piqued my interest though so I'm not 100% sure it'll last that long.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
My EX-L sedan is supposed to be on a five year plan to be handed down to my son. However, the Si's have really piqued my interest though so I'm not 100% sure it'll last that long.
This is exactly my quandary. I usually drive my Hondas till they are well used or die (89 accord - 11 years/360,000 KM, 2000 CRV - 10 years/225,000km, upgraded to a 2010 CRV that is still around, 2001 Civic LX - 16 years/245,000km DEAD transmission, upgraded to a 2017 EX Sedan with all the sensing stuff.). This time though, I am so impressed with this car and so enamored with the SI, I might have to trade in at 3 years or even 2. All depends on the trade-in value really. My only REAL regret at the moment was not getting the EX-T.
Sponsored