Your 10th Gen Is this a hype ting or lifetime ting?

Are you driving your 10th Gen to the ground or leasing/selling before its dead?

• Total voters

cstephens79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2016 Kia Sorento SX
Vehicle Showcase
5 years is like a lifetime for me with cars. But this is one of, if not, the best cars I've ever driven. It's definitely something I want to hand down I just don't know if I'm strong enough to keep myself from going to the Si.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned Civic's since '85, so I plan on keeping it. I still have my '99 hatch and the wife's 97 coupe.

barch

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic hatch (sport) 6-speed
Country flag
I'm leasing mine as I've financed in the past but really didn't want a long term payment. I like driving newer cars and I don't mind a payment (literally 1 or 2 days of overtime per month pays for my car + insurance). I love my car and if I wanted to buy it at the end of the lease it's only 9k. I may buy it, but in 4 years I may want something else. Who really knows? Either way I don't really lose too much by leasing and making that choice in 4 years from now instead of being stuck with a 5-7 year payment.

Honda Civic 10th gen Your 10th Gen Is this a hype ting or lifetime ting? civic.clean

JMT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My plan is to drive my Civic until it becomes too costly to maintain. Hoping for 12 plus years.

Cat Damon

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Hatch LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was considering trading my hatch toward a Type R once they become more available, but I've loved it so much over the first 15k that I'm gonna give it to the wife after her Scion dies and buy a Type R for myself then. These cars are a joy! I just hope the new models last as long as all the early 2000's ones you still see everywhere!

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ST, 2015 X5, 2009 MDX
Country flag
When I bought it, my plan was to give it to my son once he learns to drive in a 2-3 years. At around the same time, I will be eligible to retire so I'll be due for another vehicle. I bought the Civic to get me back and forth from work...reliability and mpg was main concern.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never kept the same car longer than than 3 years because there was always something that didn't satisfy me 100% but after almost 2 years with my civic i love it so much that i plan to keep it as long as i can. It is the perfect size and weight, has the right power, a manual transmission, excellent fuel economy and looks good. That's all i need:)

p.s. i drive only in the city, if i had to spend hours and hours on the freeway I would choose a different car, probably heavier and automatic.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely planning on keeping this car long term. I had my 2007 Civic for 10 years before selling it and getting my 2016. Love it.

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
This is my first car I bought myself and also my first brand new car....My goal is 300,000 miles...
Family corolla was at 367k km so hopefully this one lasts as long. However it's turbo and cvt so

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
I'm leasing mine as I've financed in the past but really didn't want a long term payment. I like driving newer cars and I don't mind a payment (literally 1 or 2 days of overtime per month pays for my car + insurance). I love my car and if I wanted to buy it at the end of the lease it's only 9k. I may buy it, but in 4 years I may want something else. Who really knows? Either way I don't really lose too much by leasing and making that choice in 4 years from now instead of being stuck with a 5-7 year payment.

civic.clean.jpg
Good lord that’s a beautiful Civic.

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
There’s no telling, to be honest. I love my car, but in a few years I may bite the bullet for a Type R or at least an Si. That is unless I get the unstoppable modding bug which has been known to destroy families...in that case this will be long term as I will throw a bigger turbo, upgrade the internals, etc. while simultaneously downgrading my bank account.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I buy pretty much every 3 years for me and my wife plus a motorcycle. I'm not sure what I will be getting in 2020. (We have no kids) This is my 4th SI. 2004, 2008, 2015 being the others. Additionally my parents owned several Si's 2 CRX Si's and 4 Civic Si's.

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2007 Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on keeping the car at least the length of the loan term till I own it, I drive like 4k+ miles a month and I am keeping the miles low on the 2017 by daily driving my 2007 EX-L, which is still an amazing car, but it has 294,000 miles on it and there are times when I need to know the car braking down is not a worry.
Sponsored