Poll: Are you keeping your 10th Gen or getting an 11th Gen?

Keeping your 10th Gen or Getting an 11th Gen?

• Total voters

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I'm near the end of my lease for my EX hatch... I'm genuinely curious to know if other current 10th Gen owners (leasing or buying) are planning to keep their 10th Gen Civics - sedan or hatch - instead of getting an 11th Gen Civic.

I have a 2019 Civic Hatch EX and honestly it's been a really great daily driver for me. I get great mileage, it drives well, has all the bells and whistles I want and has enough umph so I can have fun on twists and straights. I'll admit I wasn't impressed when the 11th gen sedans came out - still don't really care for the design and the reports of the stock performance are underwhelming. However, the 11th gen hatch caught my eye. But then I noticed how Honda de-contented the car. For the same trim level (EX), it no longer has fogs and it no longer offers SiriusXM radio as features. For me to get those options, I would need to get the Sport Touring version which is much more than I care to spend for a DD.

So, I find myself thinking I'll just keep my hatchback and happily roll on down the road.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I ended up with a 2020 ex hatch, and a 2020 si. The si was kind of unexpected, but whatever, Iā€™m happy with both, and both are paid off.

Si, Iā€™m keeping for sureā€¦ the idea has been thrown around between the wife and I to trade in the hatch, and get a crv or something. Probably wonā€™t do it, but the idea is thereā€¦. Weā€™ll see what happens.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Keepin 10thā€¦ 11th gen interior goes back in time 10 years with that horizontal dash layout not to mention the boring, safe exteriorā€¦

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
When I move on from my si, it'll probably be for an EV of some kind
Lol same here. There are some huge advantages to going EV (tax credits, work even credits us). Iā€™m actually looking forward to seeing more car manufacturers come out with different EV platforms. Realistically, Iā€™ll probably keep my 10th gen, but still get an EV for the family car.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
None of the aboveā€¦most likely getting the new Integra Type S (with 11th gen hatch as a fall back option)

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I upgraded from 2016 civic lx sedan to 2018 civic sport hatchback to now a 2021 civic sport hatchback. Quite a wild ride but honestly going to stay with the 10th gen. I got it in the color I always wanted which is sonic gray Pearl and it has everything I could ever need. The 11th gen just doesnā€™t really have the neck breaking looks like the 10th does. We all know they are trying to entice a more mature audience however they went too conservative. Also a foolish move to have the 11th gen hatchback sport trim to have the 2.0 motor, not sure what is going on in leaderships minds at this point.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The 11th sedan does nothing for me. The interior is kind of interesting but too much of a 70's retro vibe. Exterior looks bloated to me. Slower than the 10th. I hate that Honda is trying to make it an Accord.

The hatch is slightly better but the packaging sucks. Making the "Sport" model a 2.0? The 10th Sport hatch turbo was a real balance of sporty looks, performance and price. And why force anyone wanting a turbo into leather seats?

Seems like Honda is pushing their traditional Civic buyer away to appeal more to the Ford, Chevy and Buick people.

Yes, it's more refined, more mature and larger. But a car is an emotional purchase. The 11th doesn't stir mine ... at all.

Last edited:

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Unless the mid gen refresh allows them to fly or something, I'll be sticking with the 10th gen/best gen. The 11 is boring af, heavier, slower, and would cost more to get the equivalent trim to my current 2020 Sport Hatch. Let's see what the 12th or 13th gen has to offer.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Iā€™m planning on keeping my coupe forever(as long as it doesnā€™t blow up). Last generation of coupesā€¦.?
Canā€™t let it go! I still refuse to give up my POs 07 VW rabbit 2dr hatch.
Next car will be either an R, but more likely Iā€™ll need slightly bigger so an Accord I can modify and make a real sleeper. I sawPhearables flex fuel tune and I was like hell yeah !

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Nothing about the 11th gen interests me. If my car gets totaled I'll try for a type r or a different brand altogether.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Plan was to keep the hatch and get a second car, 2 door, in a couple of years. I've been feeling the temptation though and Carvana gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. I'll be saying goodbye to the hatch next week.

Next car won't be a Honda, but it's not because of any negative feelings towards the brand. I just need something that's a better fit for me.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my 10th gen Si with the intention on keeping it forever, now that I've seen the 11th gen I'm not too impressed and I think its even more of a reason to keep my 10th gen. Maybe we will go back to 2012 when everyone absolutely hated the 2012 Civic and Honda completely refreshed it for 2013...lol

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Keeping my R for a long time. Not a fan of the new style Civics at all.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also a foolish move to have the 11th gen hatchback sport trim to have the 2.0 motor, not sure what is going on in leaderships minds at this point.
The hatch is slightly better but the packaging sucks. Making the "Sport" model a 2.0? The 10th Sport hatch turbo was a real balance of sporty looks, performance and price. And why force anyone wanting a turbo into leather seats?
Looks like, just as with the first few years of the 10th gen, Canada gets a better equipped Sport hatch than the US, as it comes with the 1.5T engine and has much of the same features as the US EX-L model, as there is no EX-L hatch in Canada.

However, on the sedan side, only the Touring gets the 1.5T in Canada. LX, Sport, and EX all get the 2.0.
Sponsored