Your 10th Gen Is this a hype ting or lifetime ting?

Are you driving your 10th Gen to the ground or leasing/selling before its dead?

• Total voters

frankdboss

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
I plan to keep this car until it breaks down and if I ever have kids or something (or my siblings) I can pass it on to them.
Sponsored

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Plan on keeping her long term. Only reason I got the FC1 was because my FA5 got totaled and she was coming up on 10 years.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve traded vehicles often in the last couple of years, but I plan to keep this Civic long term.

TurboRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Great Thread! I'm a car guy. I gave a 4 hr class on auto maintenance recently and ran out of time before I covered all topics!

That being said, you never know what life throws at you. I bought my Civic hatch sport touring (CVT) after my elbow started acting up from driving stick 25,000 miles / year!
I was forced to give up My manic 2015 Ford Fiesta ST. Yet, life happens. Lost $4G in mods. What a brilliant car it was.!!!! I would have kept it forever if I wasn't doing so many miles a year, or it's primary purpose was a second car / track car, and NOT my daily.
Before that my Evo 9 :headbang:another car I would have taken to the grave! had $10G in mods when I sold it. However, life happened. Long story. Sold it for $25G after racing it for 5 years.

As you might be able to deduce, if you know what a 400 hp, all wheel drive, Evo 9 is like, my current car was supposed to be a Type R. but thanks to rediculous dealer markups, and more significantly a BRILLIANT driving Fiesta ST that I was completely in love with, I was fortunate that that purchase was delayed, since I really need an automatic for now.

I plan to keep the Civic Sport Touring as long as I can. Purchased not leased. I bought the car after plotting all my criteria on a spread sheet and assigning a value to each criteria!!! No, I'm not kidding.
The superior gas milage just barely edged out the Golf GTi with sport package. just barely

So, It's worst enemy could be - someone brings out a sportier automatic with brilliant handling and better gas mileage at a reasonable value. ... Tesla :what: ... but really, this car was bought to go the distance between life changing events. Or until the CVT gives out. LOL.

Anyway, The first time I autocrossed it, I was terribly disappointed :( It did not have the grip and handling of the Fiesta ST, and I did not quite "get" the paddle shifters. But I did notice that the car seems to have something special going on with it's handling. It held real nice in the sweepers. Maybe I just needed time to learn a new car and dial it in. After all, I had done a bit of work to the Fiesta and the Civic was still BONE showroom stock. ... fast forward to my second autocross, add a new set of Hawk street/race brake pads, I'm learning to dial back my inputs to reduce understeer and set up my turns earlier. And, at the end of the day, I was surprised to see that I ran identical times as the Porsche GT3 I was next to.

:hmm: Hmmm ... maybe some better shocks and stickier tires ...

bakerjal

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
Would love to keep this thing long term, but eventually, I know I'll either want something newer and nicer or I'll have a family, so a coupe won't be terribly practical.

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Short term,already have a old school honda in the build. Not looking to have another honda. After this is paid off I’m looking into the new Supra,400z, if it’s really happening. A “your a somebody car”.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I'm expecting my Civic to be my forever car.

But i thought the same thing about my Fiesta a few years ago so you never know.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those that are planning to keep the car for a long time, do you guys purchase the HondaCare or Vehicle Service Contract? Planning to pull the trigger on one of those. A local dealer quoted me $3100 for the warranty. 7yr/80k miles included all maintenance.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Plan on keeping her long term. Only reason I got the FC1 was because my FA5 got totaled and she was coming up on 10 years.
Same situation with me, lost my FG2 due to getting t-boned. Bought it new, didn't plan on selling it.

Now I have a Type-R, keeping it as long as possible.

Because it's a hatch, kids aren't an issue, so hopefully no other life issues will make me get rid of it.

I will say ... if they offer a more hardcore R in the future, I might trade up to that.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Long term bby

Unless the tech goes haywire and the automatic braking kills me.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Great Thread! I'm a car guy. I gave a 4 hr class on auto maintenance recently and ran out of time before I covered all topics!

That being said, you never know what life throws at you. I bought my Civic hatch sport touring (CVT) after my elbow started acting up from driving stick 25,000 miles / year!
I was forced to give up My manic 2015 Ford Fiesta ST. Yet, life happens. Lost $4G in mods. What a brilliant car it was.!!!! I would have kept it forever if I wasn't doing so many miles a year, or it's primary purpose was a second car / track car, and NOT my daily.
Before that my Evo 9 :headbang:another car I would have taken to the grave! had $10G in mods when I sold it. However, life happened. Long story. Sold it for $25G after racing it for 5 years.

As you might be able to deduce, if you know what a 400 hp, all wheel drive, Evo 9 is like, my current car was supposed to be a Type R. but thanks to rediculous dealer markups, and more significantly a BRILLIANT driving Fiesta ST that I was completely in love with, I was fortunate that that purchase was delayed, since I really need an automatic for now.

I plan to keep the Civic Sport Touring as long as I can. Purchased not leased. I bought the car after plotting all my criteria on a spread sheet and assigning a value to each criteria!!! No, I'm not kidding.
The superior gas milage just barely edged out the Golf GTi with sport package. just barely

So, It's worst enemy could be - someone brings out a sportier automatic with brilliant handling and better gas mileage at a reasonable value. ... Tesla :what: ... but really, this car was bought to go the distance between life changing events. Or until the CVT gives out. LOL.

Anyway, The first time I autocrossed it, I was terribly disappointed :( It did not have the grip and handling of the Fiesta ST, and I did not quite "get" the paddle shifters. But I did notice that the car seems to have something special going on with it's handling. It held real nice in the sweepers. Maybe I just needed time to learn a new car and dial it in. After all, I had done a bit of work to the Fiesta and the Civic was still BONE showroom stock. ... fast forward to my second autocross, add a new set of Hawk street/race brake pads, I'm learning to dial back my inputs to reduce understeer and set up my turns earlier. And, at the end of the day, I was surprised to see that I ran identical times as the Porsche GT3 I was next to.

:hmm: Hmmm ... maybe some better shocks and stickier tires ...
Tein has release a coilover for the sedan. Shouldnt be long for the hatchback.