Why is my 2017 EX-T 6SPD turbo so quiet?

Ritchey92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Just grabbed the car today and I love it, one thing I noticed is that the turbo is so damn quiet and I miss hearing the sound, was wondering if anyone knows of anything I can do to help me hear the turbo spooling outside of getting a new one.
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
cut a hole in the exhaust, problem solved!!

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I have a 2016 EX-T Sedan, and mine is not quiet around 5-6k RPM. Drop it in low and floor it up a hill, it's quite noisy.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Install an intake, aftermarket exhaust, and a blow off valve! The Civic is an econobox (a really nice one), and the masses do want a quiet car.

OP
OP

Ritchey92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Install an intake, aftermarket exhaust, and a blow off valve! The Civic is an econobox (a really nice one), and the masses do want a quiet car.
I'm thinking the first mod im gonna get is a blow off valve, i saw a nice one posted on here i just need to make sure it fits the 2017. Not sure if they're making exhausts yet for this model but I need to check and im gonna look into a intake, I'd want a nice one.

Thanks for the replies all.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
I'm thinking the first mod im gonna get is a blow off valve, i saw a nice one posted on here i just need to make sure it fits the 2017. Not sure if they're making exhausts yet for this model but I need to check and im gonna look into a intake, I'd want a nice one.

Thanks for the replies all.
The BOV is cool, although the only change in sound will be a louder occasional "TSHHH" "TSHHH".

http://www.civicx.com/threads/blow-off-valve-available-now.8600/

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It's a 1.5l engine. Did you expect v8 Hellcat sounds?
But if you start adding all this accessories then you run the risk of sounding like a ricer which so many older civics sound like already.
Just rev it out to above 4k rpm and you'll be fine

OP
OP

Ritchey92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
It's a 1.5l engine. Did you expect v8 Hellcat sounds?
But if you start adding all this accessories then you run the risk of sounding like a ricer which so many older civics sound like already.
Just rev it out to above 4k rpm and you'll be fine
Nope the engine noise is fine, I love the sound of it but I'm talking about the turbo. The turbo in my old saab was way louder with like 5 less pounds of boost. Not really upset was just curious why it's so quiet. Could it also be because I'm still breaking it in? Only 85 miles