Robin

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My wife has also complained that it is very uncomfortable and can't ride in it without something on the seat. Did an internet search and found that Kia 2011-15 had the same issue. K5Optima store sells a "Passenger Seat Riser Kit" to raise the seat for those models. I wonder if Honda can do the same thing??
Probably not possible as the front anchor points are angled forward. Had same complaint from my wife. I bought her a gel cushion from Costco and she is happier now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
latole

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a gell cushion too . I can't use the heating for the seat to this side. :(

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I never understood Honda's logic of having such a low, non-adjustable passenger seat. It should have been height adjustable. It's way too low almost stupidly so.

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
The problem is not the seat being low, but the fact that when seated the knees stay higher than your waist, and after a short while it gets very uncomfortable, this is what my wife complains about every time she rides in my car. She has an SUV, day and night as compared with a Civic.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
If there's no adjustment... :hmm: better to put it low than high. A short person will fit in a low seat, but a tall person will not fit in a high seat. Not all passengers are petite. And the civic is not a very tall car.

So many people on the forum say they are so proud :nixon:they didn't buy all the useless "bells and whistles" and saved money. Well, you may be grateful all you want you don't have that extremely heavy moon roof that allegedly tips over the car :eek:or those rain-sensing wipers that you've heard are so horrible :umbrella::rolleyes1: and you can buy your own LED bulbs, and the leather is so cold... :rolleyes1: but hey, I have the 4-way power-adjustable passenger seat and heated rear seats because I do care about the comfort of my significant others and they appreciate me:grouphug: when I point out to them that not every civic owner is so nice....:D

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It is 1 1/2 inches lower , one inch and half ! It is a lots
Does the driver's seat on the LX raise and lower? IF yes, my bet is that at the lower setting for the driver's seat, it's at the same height as the passenger seat

phoenixnsx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX w/Sensing | NSX
I bought a gell cushion too . I can't use the heating for the seat to this side. :(
It's funny that Canadian LX models have heated seats when even (pre-2019) EX models don't have it in the US.

Did previous generation Civics have passenger seat height adjustment? Personally I'd rather have adjustable driver lumbar support than passenger seat height adjustment, if given the choice. No one has complained about passenger seat height in my Civic yet, but if they did I'd just hand them the $15 memory foam gel cushion that I got from Costco.

OP
OP
latole

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem is not the seat being low, but the fact that when seated the knees stay higher than your waist, and after a short while it gets very uncomfortable, this is what my wife complains about every time she rides in my car. She has an SUV, day and night as compared with a Civic.
Civic seating is sport car seating. A SUV seating is another story .
I agree Civic passenger is too low,
Does the driver's seat on the LX raise and lower? IF yes, my bet is that at the lower setting for the driver's seat, it's at the same height as the passenger seat

No ! LX is second of the cheapest Civic

OP
OP
latole

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have a kit on the way. I'll post an update after I install it.
Is there a Kit to LOWER the passenger seat ??

The problem I have when I sit in the passenger seat (2018 si coupe), is that my head touches the roof. Any slight road bump, and OUCH !!!

When in the drivers seat, I can adjust it so that it is LOWER than the passenger seat, and gain a gap between my head and the roof.

So, I find it strange that everyone is complaining about the Passenger seat being too low.

I'm only 5'11" :(

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Short guy problems here ..5'7.
I drive with my seat all the way up and still have 4- 6 inches to spare before my head touches the roof.
I could drive with it lower, but I like to rest my arm on the door area next to the window.
Because the passenger seat is so low I tower over my wife and it seems weird to me.
I'm thinking that the passenger seat sits higher in the coupe than it does in the sedan and hatch.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Short guy problems here ..5'7.
I drive with my seat all the way up and still have 4- 6 inches to spare before my head touches the roof.
I could drive with it lower, but I like to rest my arm on the door area next to the window.
Because the passenger seat is so low I tower over my wife and it seems weird to me.
I'm thinking that the passenger seat sits higher in the coupe than it does in the sedan and hatch.
I'm thinking that the passenger seat sits higher in the coupe than it does in the sedan and hatch

I am also thinking that ... in the Coupe my head is just brushing the roof.
Would like at least 1" clearance..

Anyone know is the Coupe (si) Passenger seat can be lowered, (still keeping the original seat) ?
Sponsored