Country flag
any ideas on a release date? prices?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i'm taking a guess here. Is that 2.5" piping? Whats the vband for on this?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any ideas on a release date? prices?
The first batch of production castings will be in mid March. The rest of the components have been waiting here for months. As for pricing we need to get a better idea of welding time. We are targeting $350-375 range for the direct bolt on downpipe.

i'm taking a guess here. Is that 2.5" piping? Whats the vband for on this?
The RV6 downpipe will be 3.25" at the turbo which transitions to 3" tubing through a bellmouth casting. The tubing of the downpipe is 3" with a 2.5" reducer which allows for a drop in replacement. The 2.5" reducer can be removed at the Vband and allow you to run our 3" A-pipe. This was mainly done for those that want to maintain a stock exhaust. As well as for certain racing classes that allow you to remove the catalyst but not upgrade your exhaust.

We just picked up our car last week and will start dyno testing soon to test the benefits of going to a 3" exhaust. I got to drive our car tonight with the downpipe and it is noticeably faster without any rasp.

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-TL, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
Country flag
The first batch of production castings will be in mid March. The rest of the components have been waiting here for months. As for pricing we need to get a better idea of welding time. We are targeting $350-375 range for the direct bolt on downpipe.

The RV6 downpipe will be 3.25" at the turbo which transitions to 3" tubing through a bellmouth casting. The tubing of the downpipe is 3" with a 2.5" reducer which allows for a drop in replacement. The 2.5" reducer can be removed at the Vband and allow you to run our 3" A-pipe. This was mainly done for those that want to maintain a stock exhaust. As well as for certain racing classes that allow you to remove the catalyst but not upgrade your exhaust.

We just picked up our car last week and will start dyno testing soon to test the benefits of going to a 3" exhaust. I got to drive our car tonight with the downpipe and it is noticeably faster without any rasp.
Is your shop car a CVT or 6MT that you are going to dyno?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool, are you guys making a catted and non cat version??
We can make a catted version of the downpipe. However from past experience inexpensive high flow cats and turbo cars do not get along. The high flow cats usually melt in a short amount of time, especially if they are located close to the turbo. There are high flow cores that will take the heat but they are in the $300-400 range for just the core. We have had good luck placing a high capacity ceramic converter further down the exhaust for our RDX downpipe.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Downpipe Teaser RDX-Product-Catted

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
I maybe down for catted one for my exl cvt

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag

pre-order pricing likely? any price point you are shooting for w/ the a pipe? and say somebody later gets the 3" a pipe (I assume this is the piece from the DP that runs to behind the crossmember and continues into what is marketed as "aftermarket exhaust"?) what is the final diameter of that? does it step down to ~2.25" at the flange or is a 3" setup from you or a custom flange on another setup required to use your a pipe?
Sponsored