First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking that the passenger seat sits higher in the coupe than it does in the sedan and hatch

I am also thinking that ... in the Coupe my head is just brushing the roof.
Would like at least 1" clearance..

Anyone know is the Coupe (si) Passenger seat can be lowered, (still keeping the original seat) ?
Here's a picture of the passenger seat height in my sedan for reference. Unless the floor of the coupe is different, maybe you could put the hardware from a sedan on your coupe seat.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front passager seat is so low, why ? IMG_0918.JPG
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
We thought about getting the Touring trim level because it has a power passenger seat in addition to the power driver seat. Problem is the passenger side only has power to move forward & backward. The seatback reclines with power but that didn't interest me. I wanted to be able to adjust the height & angle of the seat cushion. So we got the EX-L which still has the power driver seat.

We also considered getting an Accord Touring model. But is was the same thing - the power passenger seat did not have a height or angle adjustment. And this was a top of the line Honda.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
If there's no adjustment... :hmm: better to put it low than high. A short person will fit in a low seat, but a tall person will not fit in a high seat. Not all passengers are petite. And the civic is not a very tall car.

So many people on the forum say they are so proud :nixon:they didn't buy all the useless "bells and whistles" and saved money. Well, you may be grateful all you want you don't have that extremely heavy moon roof that allegedly tips over the car :eek:or those rain-sensing wipers that you've heard are so horrible :umbrella::rolleyes1: and you can buy your own LED bulbs, and the leather is so cold... :rolleyes1: but hey, I have the 4-way power-adjustable passenger seat and heated rear seats because I do care about the comfort of my significant others and they appreciate me:grouphug: when I point out to them that not every civic owner is so nice....:D
The 2018 Civic Sedan Touring we looked at had what I guess they called a 4-way power passenger seat. But 2 of those ways were relegated to tilting the seat back. There was no power height adjustment like the driver side had.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Is there a Kit to LOWER the passenger seat ??

The problem I have when I sit in the passenger seat (2018 si coupe), is that my head touches the roof. Any slight road bump, and OUCH !!!

When in the drivers seat, I can adjust it so that it is LOWER than the passenger seat, and gain a gap between my head and the roof.

So, I find it strange that everyone is complaining about the Passenger seat being too low.

I'm only 5'11" :(
Is there a Kit to LOWER the passenger seat ??

The problem I have when I sit in the passenger seat (2018 si coupe), is that my head touches the roof. Any slight road bump, and OUCH !!!

When in the drivers seat, I can adjust it so that it is LOWER than the passenger seat, and gain a gap between my head and the roof.

So, I find it strange that everyone is complaining about the Passenger seat being too low.

I'm only 5'11" :(
If you have a Moonroof that's probably why your head touches the roof. A moonroof/sunroof typically reduces headroom by about 1" to 1.5".

I have a power driver seat & have to sit lower than I want because the car has a moonroof. I don't care about a moonroof & never use them, and it irks me to pay for one because some manufacturers include it in packages with other options that I want, such as the power seat.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
My 16' Lx sedan had the passenger seat hole. My 19' Hatch Sport does not. Looks like they heard the complaints and fixed the problem.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
If you have a Moonroof that's probably why your head touches the roof. A moonroof/sunroof typically reduces headroom by about 1" to 1.5".

I have a power driver seat & have to sit lower than I want because the car has a moonroof. I don't care about a moonroof & never use them, and it irks me to pay for one because some manufacturers include it in packages with other options that I want, such as the power seat.
Moonroof is the issue.. If I sit a little sideways, and my head is under the moon roof, then there is clearance, but sitting sideways in the Si bolstered seats is not really an option :(

The Si is really my wife's car, and it's what she wanted, so I accept that when I am the passenger. She love to drive the Manual Si, but sometimes I do get to drive.:)

I find the Drivers seat seems to be lower, especially when it is lowered all the way.
She has it adjusted about 1/2 way when she drives, that give her about 1.5 inches clearance between the roof and her hair. (would be nice if it had memory )

Maybe this summer, I'll look to see if the passenger seat can be lowered any, if not it's not the end of the world.
As a passenger, I can always recline the passenger seat a little, and I also still will have a good excuse to drive more often :) It is a FUN car to drive, once you can get away from the increasing number of total self-absorbed Morons that seem to be driving around Maryland these days !!.

I don't know whats worse, being annoyed by idiots talking on hand held cellphones when driving, and being oblivious to anyone else on the road, or being disgusted by those that always want to pick their noses, along side you , at a red light !!. (also oblivious)

Honda Civic 10th gen Front passager seat is so low, why ? picker

"Hmmm... looks like a keeper - open wide !!!"

OP
OP
latole

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Short guy problems here ..5'7.
I drive with my seat all the way up and still have 4- 6 inches to spare before my head touches the roof.
I could drive with it lower, but I like to rest my arm on the door area next to the window.
Because the passenger seat is so low I tower over my wife and it seems weird to me.
I'm thinking that the passenger seat sits higher in the coupe than it does in the sedan and hatch.

Same to me.

OP
OP
latole

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm thinking that the passenger seat sits higher in the coupe than it does in the sedan and hatch

I am also thinking that ... in the Coupe my head is just brushing the roof.
Would like at least 1" clearance..

Anyone know is the Coupe (si) Passenger seat can be lowered, (still keeping the original seat) ?
You did not try and test drive the coupe before buying ?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
You did not try and test drive the coupe before buying ?
Of course, but my wife wanted the coupe, and it's her car, so she got the coupe.
It's really not such a big deal, I can always recline the seat slightly when I am the passenger.
If it becomes an issue, I will find a way to lower it .. only looking for 1" - 1.5"

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'1" with long legs. When I first sat in the Civic sedan, the low seating position surprised me. I was sitting much lower than in other cars I've driven. By raising the seat up I easily found the perfect driving position.

My sister came along for the test drive as a passenger. Now ok, she's not tall at 5'4", but it was almost comical looking over at how low she was in the seat. I simply don't understand why Honda didn't add a passenger seat height adjustment to accomodate both shorter and taller people. Heck, even my older Hyundai Elantra GT had a height adjustable passenger seat.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife is 5’3”, never complained, says she likes the low sitting position, makes her feel safe. Had long trips with the car (500+ miles) with no problems / fatigue related to the seating position.
I’m ~5’8” and I’m driving having the driver’s seat all the way down. None of us have had SUV’s, actually we both kinda hate the seating position in SUV’s.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Short guy problems here ..5'7.
I drive with my seat all the way up and still have 4- 6 inches to spare before my head touches the roof.
If you had a moonroof, that free sapce over your head would be smaller, and problem solved! :)

I never noticed the passenger seat being particularly low, (is it actually in HBST?) maybe because I like to set the driver's seat quite low. I'm 5'11" and I also don't like to sit too upright, so I have quite enough space even with the moonroof.

The 2018 Civic Sedan Touring we looked at had what I guess they called a 4-way power passenger seat. But 2 of those ways were relegated to tilting the seat back. There was no power height adjustment like the driver side had.
True. 4-way seems like a lot, but it is really only 2-way, and 8-way is really 4-way. Obviously each way must be in both directions...

Last edited:

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never noticed the passenger seat being particularly low, (is it actually in HBST?) maybe because I like to set the driver's seat quite low. I'm 5'11" and I also don't like to sit too upright, so I have quite enough space even with the moonroof.
It’s a bit higher than the driver seat set all the way down, like 1 inch or so. Messes with my OCD, would have loved to have hight adjustment on passenger seat also so i could lower it to the same level with the driver’s seat.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I have a '16 Touring Coupe. It doesn't have power seats, and the passenger side seat is extremely low too.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m quite curious, the ones saying that the passenger seat is “extremely low”, do you keep the driver’s seat all the way up? Because it’s definetly higher than the driver’s seat set to lowest position..so as a result, the passenger one is way lower than the driver’s only when the driver one is raised all the way up. You bought a sporty low car to sit in it like in an SUV? :)
Sponsored