What update would make you...

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
..trade in your current Si for a new one? For me the biggest update that would push me towards giving up my Si for a new Si would be the addition of automatic rev match. I just love it. Drove a new Corvette Grand Sport not too long ago with that feature, makes you feel like a super hero everytime you down shift, I envy the Type R owners. What update would do it for you?
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless they jump to the 2.0 which won't happen, I see nothing that I'd switch for.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
..trade in your current Si for a new one? For me the biggest update that would push me towards giving up my Si for a new Si would be the addition of automatic rev match. I just love it. Drove a new Corvette Grand Sport not too long ago with that feature, makes you feel like a super hero everytime you down shift, I envy the Type R owners. What update would do it for you?
I had rev matching on my Camaro, but I never used it because it felt better doing it myself. If I was tracking the car, then I would definitely use the rev match feature. I am also glad that I didn't use that feature because I would have been so use to using it that I would have to relearn the skill again on my Si

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just a thought: the new corolla xse hatch has rev matching lmao

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I’m sorry but rev matching is not a deal breaker for anyone. That sounds ridiculous. Most reviewers even say they rather do it themselves which I agree with. I don’t need a computer to rev match for me, I am not that lazy.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
A rev match feature when downshifting would be pretty snazzy and fun, but not enough to make me trade in a car. Especially in my case because I didn't put a down payment on the car when I bought it, and I'm probably just a bit upside-down due to the depreciation hit everyone takes the moment you drive the car off the lot. It would have to be something hugely significant to make me want to trade.

Now, if the '18 Si has a better HU with a volume knob like what @Doublestack00 said, I'll be doing the same thing... seeing if I can swap the HU.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just checked the website and it doesn't appear to have a volume knob on the infotainment system (not much about it, actually). But it looks like this year the auto-dimming mirror plus the console illumination are now options.

A bit off-topic, but I find Honda's website a bit clunky and hard to navigate. Is that just me?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
There will be no volume knob or any changes really for that matter. Not sure if the refresh is for 19, or 20.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There will be no volume knob or any changes really for that matter. Not sure if the refresh is for 19, or 20.
Thinking '19 since that will be the mid-point of the current design, if Honda follows the 5-6 year model plan.
Sponsored