What intake would you recommend?

What intake would you recommend?

• Total voters

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think vitts Stage 1 tune for the Si would work with the race MAF from PRL's CAI?
Not unless the MAF calibration was adjusted. That is something he could do for you though, hopefully at no charge.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You rather stay stock?
It seems the consensus is intakes for the 10th gen civics don't do much other than "improve" the sound of the car. Horesepower and torque gains appear to be minimal at best. VitViper's latest results showed a decrease in power output on a CTR intake he was tuning for.

As someone who hasn't quite caught the "loud engine sound" bug, yeah, I'll save the money and leave the intake stock until someone comes up with a solution that provides a better bang for your buck.

But if you're looking for a better sounding engine, then it makes sense. To each his own. Just not for me.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
It seems the consensus is intakes for the 10th gen civics don't do much other than "improve" the sound of the car. Horesepower and torque gains appear to be minimal at best. VitViper's latest results showed a decrease in power output on a CTR intake he was tuning for.

As someone who hasn't quite caught the "loud engine sound" bug, yeah, I'll save the money and leave the intake stock until someone comes up with a solution that provides a better bang for your buck.

But if you're looking for a better sounding engine, then it makes sense. To each his own. Just not for me.
I got so much shit for saying that lmfao. Totally agree.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Why did you SRI and CAI? Did you buy both? I understand the CAI delivers colder air and probably more money. Lol, now that I think about it I never asked myself why cold air from intake is better... I sure it adds more horsepower but why? I do know for a fact colder, dryer air is better and intercooler is in play. Also, another silly question but I will ask anyway. I live in area where winter weather can go below freezing to negative. I’ve heard stories that it’s bad to have a CAI in these type of conditions. Do anyone know if this is true?
I bought the PRL SRI and PRL sells a conversion kit to change the short ram into a cold air so I purchased that and converted. Cold air is denser, causing a better combustion. Couldn't tell you if it's bad to have a CAI in those conditions or not.. I don't see it being a problem. I know for me, I live in South Florida where its hot all year around so it's almost a requirement to have a CAI if you are looking to make any sort of performance gains in the intake department. 1 thing to consider is your mpg actually goes down slightly with cold air going into the motor. When the air is warm, is when it's most fuel efficient. I don't think it's enough of a difference to care anyways.

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get the Injen...if you want extremely high fuel trims, like i'm dealing with. :nono: (I know I know...easily rectified by custom MAF scaling but ain't nobody got time for that!)

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I bought the PRL SRI and PRL sells a conversion kit to change the short ram into a cold air so I purchased that and converted. Cold air is denser, causing a better combustion. Couldn't tell you if it's bad to have a CAI in those conditions or not.. I don't see it being a problem. I know for me, I live in South Florida where its hot all year around so it's almost a requirement to have a CAI if you are looking to make any sort of performance gains in the intake department. 1 thing to consider is your mpg actually goes down slightly with cold air going into the motor. When the air is warm, is when it's most fuel efficient. I don't think it's enough of a difference to care anyways.
I also live in South Florida as well. Where as you know it literally rains everyday during the summer. Sometime pretty legit downpours. Do you have any concerns with running a CAI? I have the Mishimoto now but only because the PRL just seemed like a really high risk for the day I misjudge a puddle or end up not being able to avoid one. I know the answer is, Just don't drive through deep water which nobody should ever do. I may be paranoid but I feel like it's eventually going to be unavoidable. From a design aspect the 27Won seems to be the best middle of the road of option but I don't see there being a big enough difference over the Mishimoto to spend $400 on it.
Sponsored