If you could change one thing about your Si what would it be?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Wow- are others experiencing this amount of noise? I mean i dont expect to have a recording studio of silence in the car, but i will be driving mostly highways miles in the 60-70 range daily. Anyone else can confirm their discomfort? Perhaps they are already deaf?
I don't think there would be as many members on this forum or civic owners in general if this was a widespread problem. I would have traded in my car the first month if I had that issue. My guess is they were driving over a highway of firecrackers or a minefield
Sponsored

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Wow- are others experiencing this amount of noise? I mean i dont expect to have a recording studio of silence in the car, but i will be driving mostly highways miles in the 60-70 range daily. Anyone else can confirm their discomfort? Perhaps they are already deaf?
I’ll chime back in. First, I feel the car has gotten louder since it was new-the exhaust and engine definitely sound louder after 30-40k miles. That’s been my experience. Second, lately I’ve been concerned I may have an exhaust problem-it buzzes and is raspy when cold-it may be that something is vibrating against the frame-amplifying sound-I had the dealer check for exhaust leaks and they couldn’t find anything. Third-I am on a winter setup-this may be adding up to some extra noise. It was still very loud before I put my winter tires on this season. I am using an SPL meter on my iphone-it is calibrated for the iphone mic so should be pretty accurate.

Fourth-I am a professional musician, so am sensitive to noise and am diligent about protecting my hearing. On short trips at lower speeds it’s not an issue for me, but any longer highway speeds I wear musicians earplugs.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I’ll chime back in. First, I feel the car has gotten louder since it was new-the exhaust and engine definitely sound louder after 30-40k miles. That’s been my experience. Second, lately I’ve been concerned I may have an exhaust problem-it buzzes and is raspy when cold-it may be that something is vibrating against the frame-amplifying sound-I had the dealer check for exhaust leaks and they couldn’t find anything. Third-I am on a winter setup-this may be adding up to some extra noise. It was still very loud before I put my winter tires on this season. I am using an SPL meter on my iphone-it is calibrated for the iphone mic so should be pretty accurate.

Fourth-I am a professional musician, so am sensitive to noise and am diligent about protecting my hearing. On short trips at lower speeds it’s not an issue for me, but any longer highway speeds I wear musicians earplugs.
Buzzing often makes me think of a loose heat shield. i am getting a buzz in my honda ridgeline that i am betting is a heat shield.

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
I know of one thing that I would like changed. The interior gauges illuminate very brightly on max and too low on the next notch down. I wish there were maybe a couple more degrees of brightness options down from max brightness to the next level of brightness.
I thought it was me! The "max" and the notch before max is not accurate.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
I thought it was me! The "max" and the notch before max is not accurate.
There definitely could be more of a range between those two notches. The could have made the next notch below max have more intensity than they do now. Its seems too dim for one notch down from max. The one notch down also works to let the media screen switch back and forth automatically when its on the night setting. That little button on the top surface of the media screen) When you keep the gauges on max setting, the media screen day/night will revert back to day setting on next start up, but if you keep the gauges on one notch down, then the media screen will auto rotate between day and night settings (depending on when the auto H/L come off and on)when you have the night screen activated.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Wish it was a hatchback, wish the ride on normal mode was a bit less harsh

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
A lot of you complained about E-brake, unfortunately it's now in most new cars and here to stay. In some cars it's automatic now, I recently had my dashboard changed in my Lexus, the loaner Lexus they gave me (a 2019 UX) had an automatic brake, as soon as you put the car in park the brake engages and when you put it in N or any other gear it disengages. This probably would not work with cars with MT

BTW, a 2015 I recently looked at has the manual parking brake

Honda Civic 10th gen If you could change one thing about your Si what would it be? upload_2020-3-10_9-18-6

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
You could swap yours for one like this:

20200203_004917.jpg
I do love that one, with one exception, I am not a fan of that red stripe at the top of the steering wheel. Otherwise I would have been all over that one.

elijahw

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Speaker rattles.
Shitty, slow infotainment center.
Sport Mode turns off automatically.
MASSIVE panel gaps.
Nooks and crannies where water and soap hide that make washing/drying a pain in the ass.
Squeaking, squealing noises coming from wheel wells.
Typical cheap-sounding Honda engine clicking noise when idling..

Overall this car feels pretty cheap (and mostly sounds cheap). I can toss it around and have some fun with it, and it looks great, but I'll likely be trading it for something that feels more high-quality, sounds better and makes more power.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Speaker rattles.
Shitty, slow infotainment center.
Sport Mode turns off automatically.
MASSIVE panel gaps.
Nooks and crannies where water and soap hide that make washing/drying a pain in the ass.
Squeaking, squealing noises coming from wheel wells.
Typical cheap-sounding Honda engine clicking noise when idling..

Overall this car feels pretty cheap (and mostly sounds cheap). I can toss it around and have some fun with it, and it looks great, but I'll likely be trading it for something that feels more high-quality, sounds better and makes more power.
And it is cheap. It's a Honda. A Honda Civic. Which are not known for being coach-built V10 cruisers.
This thread is turning away from "what is the first thing you wish you could change/add/improve" to just another general complaints thread

elijahw

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
And it is cheap. It's a Honda. A Honda Civic. Which are not known for being coach-built V10 cruisers.
This thread is turning away from "what is the first thing you wish you could change/add/improve" to just another general complaints thread
Maybe this will match the thread’s title better:

“If I could change one thing about the Civic Si, it would be that its actual quality matched the manufacturer’s reputation.”
Sponsored