What mods should I make to my 18 Sport Hatch?

DCU_RM

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Just looking to get some ideas on what are some cool mods I should do to my 18 Hatch Sport. I want to tint the windows, install window visors, change the side markers. Anyone have any other cool (affordable) ideas, doesn’t have to be extreme, it’s my daily beater and just want to make it more cool looking, I appreciate any suggestions.
33C2E54C-4D72-491A-A878-0EC4DE5A1646.jpeg

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly cosmetic stuff is 100% personal taste. Having said that, a front lip would be a nice addition to your hatch.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Your exterior mods list sound like a solid start. You could also look into some cool aftermarket mudflaps, or even the OEM ones to help preserve the paint on the sides.

Since it’s your DD, I would also look interior comfort and practicality mods / upgrades.

Some things I have done in my sport hatch that I am really stoked about:
  • all weather floor/trunk mats (actually came with the car, but I know I would despise cleaning without them)
  • rubber rear seat back protectors for when you initiate “cargo mode” - there are some OEM ones that just stick on with strong Velcro
  • Center console organizer because that area is unnecessarily vast
  • sunglasses holder that replaces driver side ceiling handle thing
  • Acuity shift-knob replacement - a little scary to install, but if you’re familiar with getting trim parts to unclip, then it’s a simple job. Once you install the new boot collar, future swapping for another Acuity knob is literally just unscrewing and rescrewing
  • Hardwired a dash cam because people suck at driving and I want proof of innocence if the worst ever happens
On the queue for me is to get and install an Acuity pedal spacer because there’s no way my size 9 foot is gonna learn heel-toe with the stock spacing. If you have a CVT then that doesn’t matter though.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
  • Mudguards or mudflaps (for rear and side spoiler installs, cuz OEM doesn't fit the new forms..)
  • Undercover replacement, thicker aluminum

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
A little wing on the back! I love the way a decklid spoiler finishes off the rear. Another easy mod is led switchback fog lights, that way you can have yellow or white

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
louvers for the back panels next to the windows is always a nice subtle touch. I'm adding mine this spring. ditching stock wheels will help make the it stand out from the rest.

Then if you wanna start getting into the more advanced stuff, HiRev and OPT7 make some cool tail lights. You can also always swap in LED's into the stock lowbeam headlight housing or swap out for an OEM style kit (hirev is also working on one i saw yesterday)
Sponsored