What upgrades should I get for my Civic Sport Hatchback?

donald_s

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
I finally got a Civic Sport M/T Hatchback at below MSRP after jerking around with local dealers for a month. There were I think 4 Blue ones in the whole US according to Autotrader, so really pretty fortunate to get one. But as we know, this is far from the top of the line in terms of add ons. I think if Honda had a Honda Sports Touring M/T with an Si engine they could sell a ton of them (i.e. Type R light), but they didn't ask my opinion.

So instead I'm asking for yours. I'm soliciting suggestions for upgrades in 4 categories: Comfort, Performance, Utility, Convenience. I am *not* concerned about visual changes to the car. Yeah some of the stuff is a little silly (fake vents in the back) but I think the car looks fine.

I'm thinking of spending a few grand, so any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Donald
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd highly recommend a Ktuner ECU flash for improved engine performance. I've installed a Fortin Evo One remote start system to cool the car down a bit on these hot summer days.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well you have to ask if he wants to possibly sacrifice warranty before telling him Ktuner. I would look at suspension, and all the normal add on stuff such as tint, some wheels (if you don't like the stock ones), lighting, etc. There really aren't that many options out for these cars yet so waiting til the aftermarket catches up would probably be a good idea.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Swap out the cloth trim with leather from the EX-L Hatchback.
Get decent seat covers (I have CalTrend NeoSupreme and love them)
Swap the marker lights to clear or smoked.
Window Tint
All Weather mats maybe if you have a gravel driveway or live in a snowy area?
Stereo upgrade as others have said the stock stereo is meh at best.
Splash guards look pretty sharp, get the standard hatch ones the fronts need to be trimmed a bit but they work.
Cargo mat would be good

What'd you end up with for a price on the car? I have blue as well and there was no bargaining with any of the dealers in my area. I got a good deal on the tire and wheel protection package but the car was $21,876 + $399 Admin fee.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I did lightweight wheels (OZ 17s, think they're 16.8 lbs. I can't perceive any performance benefit though.

Would like an LSD once they're readily available. Mainly for snow - it doesn't seem to need it in dry pavement.

SonicTman

First Name
Justyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey LX HB, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Altitude
Country flag
Well you have to ask if he wants to possibly sacrifice warranty before telling him Ktuner. I would look at suspension, and all the normal add on stuff such as tint, some wheels (if you don't like the stock ones), lighting, etc. There really aren't that many options out for these cars yet so waiting til the aftermarket catches up would probably be a good idea.
Are you referring to a warranty being voided by reflashing his ECU? I have heard both sides from many a people that you can always reflash to stock to avoid warranty being voided but I have also heard dealers have ways to tell now. I would add only if the dealer can prove that your mod was the cause of the failure so even if you flash and it was not the cause of the failure then you should still be fine.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it's still the fact of the tune being the cause, but it has already been said that the Honda engineers can in fact see that you have been flashing. If you were to flash back to stock before you brought it in a dealership could see that there is no readiness set and possibly get you on that.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you referring to a warranty being voided by reflashing his ECU? I have heard both sides from many a people that you can always reflash to stock to avoid warranty being voided but I have also heard dealers have ways to tell now. I would add only if the dealer can prove that your mod was the cause of the failure so even if you flash and it was not the cause of the failure then you should still be fine.
A lot of it can depend on your dealer. The Ktuner base maps are very safe or if you are working with a pro tuner you should be fine. However if you decide to create your own ECU calibration and mess something up I definitely would not expect the dealer to cover it.

SonicTman

First Name
Justyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey LX HB, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Altitude
Country flag
A lot of it can depend on your dealer. The Ktuner base maps are very safe or if you are working with a pro tuner you should be fine. However if you decide to create your own ECU calibration and mess something up I definitely would not expect the dealer to cover it.
Guess it depends on whether you want to risk it or not but I would still say you would be fine using a base Map.

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
The best bang for your dollar will be PRL stage one CAI. Ktuner with a protune By @VitViper and a PRL Catted or Catt less DP. Those upgrades will make your car quick. Get a stage 2 clutch from clutch masters and then complete the tune calibrating with Vit and you will have a weapon on your hands.

I do have an injen Intake and the sound that comes out of it when on and off the throttle is amazing but you will get better performance out of PRL CAI.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Tires
Ktuner V2
Clutch
Downpipe
ETune
Short Throw Shifter
Adjusting the height of the brake pedal if you want to heel toe

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hondata or Ktuner to start, everything else is gravy.

HID/LED headlights, LED interior lights and tint. Most of the car is good enough to start with, so no need to mess with too much else. Save your money to run premium gas all the time.
Sponsored