What did you pay?

ask_holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue Civic EX-L
Finally closed the deal on EX-L Aegean blue for $23860 OTD. Sale price $22085, plus taxes(7%) and fees.. Could have done a bit better, but Aegean blue has been difficult to find and didn't want to spend much more time on this.. Thanks to all you forum member for guidance and your experience.. According to Truecar, this is an expectional price :). Hope to enjoy the car for years to come.
Sponsored

kiddmit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic LX, 2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
If I hadn't added on a few options, my EX-T would have been 22K OTD iirc.
Oops. I meant EX-L.

Oh, and dont you remember? You had like a $24k OTD because you leased your car. Otherwise, you only had the standard $500 propack installed, ending up with a price of the car at $20,600. If you bought it, it'd be like $22.7k OTD. But because you leased, you're slapped with a $1.3k charge (if you choose the option to buy)

Last edited:

ph0bolus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
I'll try.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? 20160407_191710_zps06mok9ts

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? 20160407_191735_zpsss1f9eby

The paperwork with the pricing info only lists it as an EX so I uploaded a second picture that lists the 1.5T to show that it's really an EX-T.
So you're at $19.8k after taxes and title? So roughly 20k OTD for an EX-T after a 2k trade-in? Just trying to understand the paperwork. Thanks for uploading it by the way!

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
So you're at $19.8k after taxes and title? So roughly 20k OTD for an EX-T after a 2k trade-in? Just trying to understand the paperwork. Thanks for uploading it by the way!
I went through COSTCO and got my Touring for $24,900. Not bad I thought.

ph0bolus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
I went through COSTCO and got my Touring for $24,900. Not bad I thought.
That's a great price, could someone explain how this Costco thing works? Is it basically a car finding service through Costco?

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Let me ask you all this... everywhere I look, including Honda's website, wheel locks, mud flaps, trunk liner, and self dimming rearview are add-ons for the Touring. The dealer "threw in" all this on mine at no extra charge. Are these legitimate upgrades?

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Let me ask you all this... everywhere I look, including Honda's website, wheel locks, mud flaps, trunk liner, and self dimming rearview are add-ons for the Touring. The dealer "threw in" all this on mine at no extra charge. Are these legitimate upgrades?
The mirror is standard but everything else is an add-on. "No extra charge" is kind of subjective. Ex: you paid $26,000 with all those add-ons and someone else paid $25,000 without the add-ons. Dealerships don't just give things away for free. Mine threw those things in with the deal and I got a good price so didn't bother to have them remove it, otherwise I typically look for dealers that don't have those add-on packages already installed.

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
The mirror is standard but everything else is an add-on. "No extra charge" is kind of subjective. Ex: you paid $26,000 with all those add-ons and someone else paid $25,000 without the add-ons. Dealerships don't just give things away for free. Mine threw those things in with the deal and I got a good price so didn't bother to have them remove it, otherwise I typically look for dealers that don't have those add-on packages already installed.
Dealer was asking 27700 for mine and I got it for 27000 with those things left on, and I got 800 over KBB trade in value on my car. I wanted to feel like I got a good deal, but seeing what others paid kind of makes me second guess that. I have the executive membership at Costco and had no clue this was offered. Definitely will be using that for my wife.

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
Dealer was asking 27700 for mine and I got it for 27000 with those things left on, and I got 800 over KBB trade in value on my car. I wanted to feel like I got a good deal, but seeing what others paid kind of makes me second guess that. I have the executive membership at Costco and had no clue this was offered. Definitely will be using that for my wife.
Yeah- Just go on the COSTCO web site under the Auto purchase link. Put in what car and model you want and it will send you a email with what dealer to go to. i shopped around and could get a Touring for $25,900 but saved another $1000 with the Costco program to $24,900. it was worth it.

nhlducks35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That's a great price, could someone explain how this Costco thing works? Is it basically a car finding service through Costco?
Basically the dealer will sell the car for invoice + $300 for the ZAG fee, which is the company Costco is partnered with. Works out to $24,609 + $300 = $24,909.