What did you pay?

Shieldsz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Buick Lesabre
Hey everyone, finally signed up after months of lurking on here. I think I am finally ready to make the jump to the new Civic. My first car was a Civic (1997 EX), unfortunately she was totaled after I was plowed into at a stop light. After seeing the 2016, I want to make the jump back from the old person's LeSabre. I've been having a tough decision between going with the Accord EX-L or Civic Touring (Maybe EX-L). Been leaning more towards the Civic though. I'm 22 and don't need extra space (Especially since the Civ is a "large compact")...Few questions I have regarding pricing though.

1. Do all Civics that have the NAV, have Honda Sensing or vice versa (like the Accord)? Or do they charge you for each? The Honda website is a bit confusing in regards to that.
2. For those Touring owners, how do you feel about the sound system / LEDS (I'm not sure if I can justify the extra $1.5k+ for a Touring model)
3. In regards to financing, Honda Financing is offering .9-1.9 for the Accord, but have no special on the Civics right now. For those of you that did finance through Honda, what rate did you get (I have a good (but not great) credit score)
4. For incentives, do these get added in after you agree on the purchase price? It's my understanding the incentives (such as the graduate program one for $500) is given by Honda.

I've been in contact with a few dealerships. I have yet to do any serious negotiating, but have been able to get the price before TTL (and doc fees ..normally around $130 here) for 25,900. Really hoping to get that down though. I was able to score a quote for an EX-L Accord (w/o sensing nav) for 25,200 and feel may be a better deal as of right now.

This is my first new car purchase, or even purchase through a dealer so i've been pretty hell bent on doing my research. Thanks in advance, and hope you're all enjoying the new rides!

Last edited:

rambaskar

rrk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda crv
EX w/ HS vs EX T w/ HS

How much extra can be paid for EX-T w/ HS?

Last edited:

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Do all Civics that have the NAV, have Honda Sensing or vice versa (like the Accord)? Or do they charge you for each? The Honda website is a bit confusing in regards to that.
The touring is the only model that comes with both Navigation and Sensing. It's typically a thousand bucks for each to add it to your model choice (you have to pick one or the other - you can not get both outside of the Touring)
In regards to financing, Honda Financing is offering .9-1.9 for the Accord, but have no special on the Civics right now. For those of you that did finance through Honda, what rate did you get (I have a good (but not great) credit score)
The only special for the Civic, so far, is the lease one that was announced recently. For my purchase, I found a lower rate via Heartland Credit Union (in Dayton, Ohio) than my dealer could offer me, so I opened up a free account with Heartland and got the loan - 1.75%. I'd def. check with your local credit unions - much better than banks.
For incentives, do these get added in after you agree on the purchase price? It's my understanding the incentives (such as the graduate program one for $500) is given by Honda.
I believe you are correct that the incentives are given by Honda, and should be applied after you otherwise agree on a price. I'd not even mention them until after you have your price.

Shieldsz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Buick Lesabre
The touring is the only model that comes with both Navigation and Sensing. It's typically a thousand bucks for each to add it to your model choice (you have to pick one or the other - you can not get both outside of the Touring)
The only special for the Civic, so far, is the lease one that was announced recently. For my purchase, I found a lower rate via Heartland Credit Union (in Dayton, Ohio) than my dealer could offer me, so I opened up a free account with Heartland and got the loan - 1.75%. I'd def. check with your local credit unions - much better than banks.
I believe you are correct that the incentives are given by Honda, and should be applied after you otherwise agree on a price. I'd not even mention them until after you have your price.
Thanks, that cleared up a lot. Honestly, I don't value the NAV much especially with Android Auto integrated. Sensing I can do without, but definitely value it much more. After driving other cars with the same safety features, they can definitely be useful (especially the adaptive cruise on the highway).

dwracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
EX W/ HS - OTD price 22.8K (TTL, Pro-pack included) in TX. Is this a go to price?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, finally signed up after months of lurking on here. I think I am finally ready to make the jump to the new Civic. My first car was a Civic (1997 EX), unfortunately she was totaled after I was plowed into at a stop light. After seeing the 2016, I want to make the jump back from the old person's LeSabre. I've been having a tough decision between going with the Accord EX-L or Civic Touring (Maybe EX-L). Been leaning more towards the Civic though. I'm 22 and don't need extra space (Especially since the Civ is a "large compact")...Few questions I have regarding pricing though.

1. Do all Civics that have the NAV, have Honda Sensing or vice versa (like the Accord)? Or do they charge you for each? The Honda website is a bit confusing in regards to that.
2. For those Touring owners, how do you feel about the sound system / LEDS (I'm not sure if I can justify the extra $1.5k+ for a Touring model)
3. In regards to financing, Honda Financing is offering .9-1.9 for the Accord, but have no special on the Civics right now. For those of you that did finance through Honda, what rate did you get (I have a good (but not great) credit score)
4. For incentives, do these get added in after you agree on the purchase price? It's my understanding the incentives (such as the graduate program one for $500) is given by Honda.

I've been in contact with a few dealerships. I have yet to do any serious negotiating, but have been able to get the price before TTL (and doc fees ..normally around $130 here) for 25,900. Really hoping to get that down though. I was able to score a quote for an EX-L Accord (w/o sensing nav) for 25,200 and feel may be a better deal as of right now.

This is my first new car purchase, or even purchase through a dealer so i've been pretty hell bent on doing my research. Thanks in advance, and hope you're all enjoying the new rides!
#2 I think the sound system is great, and the LED headlights are like nothing else out there I love them. I test drove a EXL first, and then when I saw how much more you get in a touring, it was a no brainer for me I got the touring. The touring is the only one that gets LED's and that gets 450 watt stereo. Putting either one into a lesser model on your own, automatically voids your warranty.

#1 the Touring is the only model that you get Sensing AND Navi, all other models you choose one or the other or neither.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
EX W/ HS - OTD price 22.8K (TTL, Pro-pack included) in TX. Is this a go to price?

I was quoted at 22.3k for this. Fair market price has it between 21.3k and 22.4k. So, I'd definitely say push a bit more to get lower. Depends on how much you want to save.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#2 I think the sound system is great, and the LED headlights are like nothing else out there I love them. I test drove a EXL first, and then when I saw how much more you get in a touring, it was a no brainer for me I got the touring. The touring is the only one that gets LED's and that gets 450 watt stereo. Putting either one into a lesser model on your own, automatically voids your warranty.

#1 the Touring is the only model that you get Sensing AND Navi, all other models you choose one or the other or neither.
Yep, the Touring is pretty great. I wish my Fiance didn't have 4k in negative equity or else she would be driving in one of those. I think the biggest deal to me is just the combination of EVERYTHING included. That's huge. I'm not crazy about the leather and the wrinkling bits though. All in all, that's a lot of car and if you can work a pretty good deal, that might be one of the best deals on the road.

brbeaird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Got a Cosmic Blue EX-L (no sensing/no nav) for $23,900 OTD excluding taxes (TN tax rate is 9.875% in my county so total was about $26,200). After reading through this thread, seems like it was a pretty bad deal for me, but other than waiting out another 2-3 months (which I'm not sure my old car would have survived), I'm not sure I could have done much better. I was pretty set on Cosmic Blue, and there are still only 2 of those within 200 miles of me (seriously, wtf Honda - that's the main one you show on your website!), so it really limited my options in terms of playing dealers against each other. Even during the last week of December when I bought it, most dealers wouldn't work over the phone or would insist on MSRP. For those of you in better markets - be thankful for your options! Next time, I think I'll try and be more patient.

Good news is, the car is awesome!!

Last edited:

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a Cosmic Blue EX-L (no sensing/no nav) for $24,060 OTD excluding taxes (TN tax rate is 9.2%). After reading through this thread, seems like it was a pretty bad deal for me, but other than waiting out another 2-3 months (which I'm not sure my old car would have survived), I'm not sure I could have done much better. I was pretty set on Cosmic Blue, and there are still only 2 of those within 200 miles of me (seriously, wtf Honda - that's the main one you show on your website!), so it really limited my options in terms of playing dealers against each other. Even during the last week of December when I bought it, most dealers wouldn't work over the phone or would insist on MSRP. For those of you in better markets - be thankful for your options! Next time, I think I'll try and be more patient.

Good news is, the car is awesome!!
If you got screwed, you 'barely' got screwed. I don't think that's a bad price at all, especially out the door with your tax rate being that high (mine is 7.5).

brbeaird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
If you got screwed, you 'barely' got screwed. I don't think that's a bad price at all, especially out the door with your tax rate being that high (mine is 7.5).
It was $26,200 after taxes. I also realized I forgot to include my county tax, which brings it to 9.875% (we have no income tax, so there's that). I've edited the original post.

Shieldsz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Buick Lesabre
Was able to get an offer for a Touring for 25,800 (have yet to bring up the graduate incentive which should take off another $500).... Is that a solid deal? This is before TTL and doc fee ($130) @6% sales tax

Also this is for a Touring on the lot, but I want the Rallye Red... Do dealers normally charge more if they have to order the car?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Was able to get an offer for a Touring for 25,800 (have yet to bring up the graduate incentive which should take off another $500).... Is that a solid deal? This is before TTL and doc fee ($130) @6% sales tax

Also this is for a Touring on the lot, but I want the Rallye Red... Do dealers normally charge more if they have to order the car?
Good deal, but they do not usually give as good of a deal on one they have to order or go get somewhere for you.
Sponsored