What did you pay?

New to Honda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CVIC
This was exactly what I had in mind: At least $2,000 difference if I would buy 2016 in December. The best offer I got for the 2016 Ex with Honda Sensing was $21,000 (out of the door). I felt $1,000 difference was not motivating enough but I was not able to do any better.
I made a deal today for 2017 CIVIC EXT CVT for$ 22600 OTD ( including wheel locks , trunk tray , splash guards and all season mats .) .
Sponsored

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
I'm finally pulling the trigger on getting my civic now that my girl got her dream job, as of right now there's only two Honda dealerships in Idaho and I got one offer when asking for OTD price of $21,982.76 and then another of $23319.16 both included tax, title and doc fee..obviously we know which one is better. By the way this was for a 2017 Honda ex-t

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
27k OTD for a 17 Sedan Touring WOP/Ivory.
24.4(if I remember correctly) sale price for car then the fees really added to it
Splash guards, trunk trays, nitrogen, some leather& paint coating, and some other things. (Couldn't get the interior light thrown in)
Didn't get the best deal impart because I went to a local dealer and they didn't have the color scheme I wanted, so they getting one special for me so that added to the cost.

They were other dealers giving me 26.3-26.4otd but they were +1 hour drive and didn't want to waste my time driving and not buying

They would have given me a cheaper price for a car on the lot, but I didn't want a black interior, looks drab as heck. And the coupe don't interest me

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
So guys I need advice. Being that this Is the only dealership in my area that's actively making progress with me. How does this look to you guys. Is there anything you would do different? Like try to ask for added goodies like all weather floor mats or side moldings?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? Screenshot_20161210-162026

jlyr3mixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Honda Civic EXT 6MT sedan, 2006 Mazda Miata
Country flag
Hi guys, also here for advice.

How does 22,200 OTD sound for a 17 6MT EX-T sedan? I'm in Texas, sales tax 6.25%, no options.

prophetfc2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX, '12 Nissan Versa, '02 Infiniti G20
Leased a '16 EX Aegean Blue Metallic 36m/12k miles for $260 a month $0 down, includes dealer fees, DMV, sales tax and 3yr maintenance package in Albany, NY.

civicrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Quotes I got at the end of the month

17 Civic EX with Sensing - $19,750 + TTL
17 EX-T with Sensing - $21,250 + TTL

Norcal

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I am shooting to purchase an EX-L the week between Christmas and New Years. I live in the Santa Barbara CA area. I have read the end of the month can get you the best deals so I would think the end of the month combined with the end of the year might be one of the best times to buy. I know one salesman who is up for the Salesman of the Year award at his dealership. He will be highly motivated and is a nice non-pressure salesman so I will let him try and match the best deal I find. I am going to do as much online by sending out many requests out including Truecar and get the Costco quote. I did try Truecar about 6-weeks ago but it turned out for a variety of reasons I was not ready to buy. I second the idea of getting a throwaway email AND not give them your real telephone number as they will inundate you with calls. Do y'all just put a phony telephone number in when you request Truecar quotes? Any other suggestions are most welcome.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
I am shooting to purchase an EX-L the week between Christmas and New Years. I live in the Santa Barbara CA area. I have read the end of the month can get you the best deals so I would think the end of the month combined with the end of the year might be one of the best times to buy. I know one salesman who is up for the Salesman of the Year award at his dealership. He will be highly motivated and is a nice non-pressure salesman so I will let him try and match the best deal I find. I am going to do as much online by sending out many requests out including Truecar and get the Costco quote. I did try Truecar about 6-weeks ago but it turned out for a variety of reasons I was not ready to buy. I second the idea of getting a throwaway email AND not give them your real telephone number as they will inundate you with calls. Do y'all just put a phony telephone number in when you request Truecar quotes? Any other suggestions are most welcome.
Tell your salesman/dealer now that you fully intend to buy the car from them and have it serviced there, but you expect them to match any lower offer. Start getting email quotes (no phone) from a couple of other dealers ASAP (you don't need TrueCar for this). As soon as you have a lower quote, take off something (say a couple hundred $) and ask the next dealer "Can you beat $___ ?" Make sure they are emailing you the dealership worksheet for your quote. The figure you are interested in is the discount off of the MSRP (incl. destination fee). You should be able to get a better discount than the Truecar "guaranteed" price. If "your" dealer will match, you need to find just one other aggressive dealer who wants your business. When you start getting back replies like "I can't beat that price" and you are near the bottom of the TrueCar local bar graph of actual sales, you'll know you've done due diligence.

This process took me about a month and I was able to (roughly) double the initial discount my dealer had offered. I also used the time to (1) meet with the dealership finance guy and play my bank against the dealership for my car-loan rate; (2) research & decide on the accessories you want and review the finance guy's policies and "stuff". This will let you focus and relax on signing day and not have to make any important decisions.

Last edited:

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
One more tactic. I told dealers in nearby cities that I'd be willing to drive and buy the car from them if they could make it worth my while with a great price. I didn't want them to think I was just using them to get a better offer from my local dealer (which I basically was).:rolleyes:

I was helped by my dealer's policy that, if you buy from them and find the exact same car (trim/color/options) at a lower price within 48 hrs, they will refund 110% of the difference. So it's cheaper for them to just price-match up front. By luck, I have an excellent local dealership close to home. I was cordial and up-front with them, and they were with me as well (I had my '96 Civic coupe serviced there).

Last edited:

ElGatoGordo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CBM
Finally got a dealer to suggest he'd go a little over 9% off MSRP for a 17 EX here, so 19,989. He wants me to commit to the car with them or say I'll put a deposit down before he breaks it down. Any advice on how to tell a dealer "This is a business transaction, I'll be buying the car from lowest posted price" without sounding like a dick? He doesn't want me to shop around the price, but don't they sort of have to accept that in 2016 buyers will be shopping around via email like crazy?

Derstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
I got a 2016 Civic EX w/ Sensing for 18.5k. Tax Tag & Title brought the loan total up to 21k in TN with the absurd tax rate. I feel like it's an acceptable price considering the quality of car I have vs. my 4 year old Chevy Sonic that was about the same OTD price.

asoror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex
I got a 2016 Civic EX w/ Sensing for 18.5k. Tax Tag & Title brought the loan total up to 21k in TN with the absurd tax rate. I feel like it's an acceptable price considering the quality of car I have vs. my 4 year old Chevy Sonic that was about the same OTD price.
That's an awesome deal. I was never able to go below 18.9 k for this car.

Derstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
That's an awesome deal. I was never able to go below 18.9 k for this car.
The Honda dealer was HUGE, I'm talking massive inventory. At least 200 Civics. They had a ton of '16s on the lot when '17s have been coming off trucks. The '17s were about 1200 more expensive, and had the deal on a '16 not been so great, I'd have bought a '17 EX-T Coupe with a proper 6 speed.
Sponsored