Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1496.JPG
I Plasti-dipped my lx wheels to produce a different look than the now-common look here since everyone and their mother owns a civic around LA :headbang:. I need the communities' honest opinion though.
1. Should i leave the little center H in the wheel chrome or keep it black?
2. Should i keep the trim of the rim black like it is or take the trim off to give it a chrome look that connects all the spokes?
Thanks for the help
It looks good right, but I like seeing the H in the center caps so I would leave those and the edge of the rim chrome to give it that cohesive look. Great mod idea! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Well this is from a couple weeks back, but I finally had the time to get the picture up here. Had a little weekend get away on the Oregon Coast with the family and my coupe.

Honda did a great job with this car, good for the daily commute and an absolute joy on the occasional get away. :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! _20161003_234003.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! DSC_0782.JPG

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
From what I understand from reading, you have to use the original bulb housing. That's why you have to shave a little down.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I understand from reading, you have to use the original bulb housing. That's why you have to shave a little down.
yup that is correct. you cut off 2 of the locks/nubs on the original so it fits in the clear housing

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
how much bigger is the intake manifold on the k24 compared to the one on your LX?:
The manifold inlet on the K24 is 65mm, so it is possible to fit a J35 throttle body from a V6 onto it. The stock K20 manifold is only 60mm, with a tiny 58mm throttle body. The overall shape is the same, but the plenum is larger and the runners are a little longer.

And being that the K24 flows about 15% more air at any given rpm due to the longer stroke and 87mm bore, it should support rpm's beyond 7k with the K20.

After looking at the stock manifold for the 1.5, it might be worth investigating if you guys can swap the k20 manifold since the one you guys have is pretty bad. The runners are way too short.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I just picked up a spare headlight off eBay to see what will be involved with doing a full HID projector retrofit on our cars.

I'll put together a detailed guide on the build when it's all complete. My WRX turned out really cool and now I have to have that quality of lights on my Civic haha.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! DSC_0782.JPG

Bench test of the Halo and Demon Eyes

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
As title suggests, this thread will be for CivicX owners to post about what they did to their car today. It can be anything, big or small - milestones, car wash, servicing, fixes, modifications, add-ons, etc.
Nothing fancy but on my wife's 2016 LX we added a portable Garmin with Voice Command as we both lease, so can trade off between my Touring and her LX. I am still in love with my Touring!
Share and it might inspire some ideas for others to do on their Civics too.

So, what did you do to your 2016+ Civic today?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Not really something I did, but I got to pull footing from my dash cam onto my PC, driving home from work and the car in front of me rear-ended a Prius....no one was hurt, but just makes you think, gotta be careful...it happened where a car was waiting to turn left, came over a hill and the SUV tried to swerve but caught the back passenger side of the Prius....the equinox was in rough shape on the drivers side, the Prius didn't look too bad, I bet it could have easily been driven, the equinox, no it was making a horrible ticking sound and was leaking antifreeze, once we made sure everyone was alright, I told the guy to shut off the car...sucks for them, but could have been much worse...plus at the top of the hill, a few more cars screech their tires and one went into the ditch, not sure how he didn't go on the side of his Highlander...moral of the story, always drive cautiously, at the hill its 35mph (on a 55 mph st. rt.) so no one does it, I always try to slow down before hand, try to ride my brake down it too

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put in a bid for $29 (starting bid) with 1 day left and they immediately sent me a message saying I won the auction early.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! {filename}
@Justin G I saw that you posted this today. I went online and looked around just for fun and... BOOOM! This happened. Nobody bet AND I won LOL.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! Screen_Shot_2016_10_04_at_10_28_14_PM

$30 US. They have no bulbs but I don't care. Good tip if someone is looking to buy the clear side markers on the cheep.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
@Justin G I saw that you posted this today. I went online and looked around just for fun and... BOOOM! This happened. Nobody bet AND I won LOL.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! Screen_Shot_2016_10_04_at_10_28_14_PM

$30 US. They have no bulbs but I don't care. Good tip if someone is looking to buy the clear side markers on the cheep.
Nice, I hope they aren't junk because they are not authentic Honda parts. Well see in a few weeks.

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice, I hope they aren't junk because they are not authentic Honda parts. Well see in a few weeks.
They're the same I have the same ones...
Be careful with the fitting if it doesn't pop inside the fender you gotta stretch the pin out so it locks.

Phenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I had the windshield replaced. It was cracked by a pebble a few weeks ago. Then, on the way home from work, it cracked again. These windshields are cheap pieces of junk. Smh.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.