What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A day after spraying Rustoleum black gloss peel coat, this happens on one side of my car. Other side is fine. I think mist from my neighbor's sprinkler system touched the dip while applying.

Ughh

image.jpeg
It must have been the water, if a surface isn't completely dry when applying it will peal or crack.
Sponsored

st1llundftd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R; 2017 Honda Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
Luckily a friend of mine is a police office so he can just write off the ticket and I just have to pay a $15 fine. So not too big of a deal, but now I roll down my windows whenever I see a cop haha.

Tints make your car look 10x better! I'm definitely keeping mine even after I got my ticket lol

I live in Dublin and these cops have nothing better to do :dunno:
How dark were your fronts and were you pulled over by CHP?

I work in the Pleasanton area so I'm hoping I don't run into the same cop! :nono:

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2017
Country flag
How dark were your fronts and were you pulled over by CHP?

I work in the Pleasanton area so I'm hoping I don't run into the same cop! :nono:
I got pulled over by a Dublin cruiser, so not CHP. I was right next to a San Ramon cruiser and he didn't mind. :headbang:

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Detailed my car yesterday! But...the today while I was at work somebody hit my car while it was parked :(

The good side:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_3354

The damage today:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) scratch1
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_3359

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A day after spraying Rustoleum black gloss peel coat, this happens on one side of my car. Other side is fine. I think mist from my neighbor's sprinkler system touched the dip while applying.

Ughh

image.jpeg
OMG you sprayed all the rubber seal too...

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2017
Country flag
Detailed my car yesterday! But...the today while I was at work somebody hit my car while it was parked :(

The good side:
IMG_3354.jpg

The damage today:
scratch1.jpg
IMG_3359.jpg
Why can't people park?! I still can't get over my door dings and I can't even imagine getting back to my car after a full day of work and seeing that. Sorry man. :cry:

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why can't people park?! I still can't get over my door dings and I can't even imagine getting back to my car after a full day of work and seeing that. Sorry man. :cry:
I know right? Parking is not hard. It was a Toyota Tundra that hit it. I was furious at first..I purchased the car exactly one month ago. Haven't even made my first monthly payment and this happens.

I am less pissed now. On the bright side the guy who did it left a note with his contact info instead of just taking off. Insurance is going to resolve it and my dealership is going to do the body work. I really hope that it looks brand new when they are done :nono:

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
OMG you sprayed all the rubber seal too...
That was intentional.

Last time I taped off the seal, some of the plastidip came off the chrome part while removing the tape. I'm planning on removing all the extra dip.

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag

IMG_3359.jpg
I would be soooooooo furious. I get high anxiety every time I leave my apartment and walk up to my car. Just another reason why I am the last parked car anywhere I go.

Hopefully you get her patched up soon!
Sponsored