Waze for Android Auto?

sykeoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
There's a new .902 variant too that was just uploaded... The fix notes are as followed.

Stability fixes (including crash on startup for OS 4.x) - Help us verify the fix on different devices
Cancel friend request does nothing - Fixed
X Button is disabled in Places page - Fixed
No received points indication when updating gas prices [BUG-4012] - Fixed
Minor bug fixes
Not sure on if there are any Android Auto improvements, but I will try it out tonight after I get off work.
Sponsored

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
I got the same email ail but the email isn't clear on where to download this version on the playstore. Let me know if you figure it out

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
There's a new .902 variant too that was just uploaded... The fix notes are as followed.

Stability fixes (including crash on startup for OS 4.x) - Help us verify the fix on different devices
Cancel friend request does nothing - Fixed
X Button is disabled in Places page - Fixed
No received points indication when updating gas prices [BUG-4012] - Fixed
Minor bug fixes
Not sure on if there are any Android Auto improvements, but I will try it out tonight after I get off work.
Can confirm .902 supports Android Auto and runs just fine. It is finally stable enough to use (on my 30 minute commute anyways). I did notice that it kicked out to the main Home screen twice during my drive this morning, both times after it re-routed but it did not do it again a third time.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Can confirm .902 supports Android Auto and runs just fine. It is finally stable enough to use (on my 30 minute commute anyways). I did notice that it kicked out to the main Home screen twice during my drive this morning, both times after it re-routed but it did not do it again a third time.
.902 is usable for me as well, but I had to disable the lane watch camera.
With the lane watch camera enabled, .902 force closes and brings me back to the home screen.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
With the lane watch camera enabled, .902 force closes and brings me back to the home screen.
Funny, lane watch and reverse camera is working fine for me.

Edit: I am referring to .902 because previously it would stop working altogether.

Last edited:

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, lane watch and reverse camera is working fine for me.
The FIRST beta release what he said is true. I got the new one today and neither of the cameras kick me off waze anymore

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Waze did switch to the Home screen on its own (think it was a re-route trigger but perhaps it could have been lane watch too, will check later) but Waze wasn't closed as the widget was still running and I simply clicked on it to bring Waze back on the screen again. I know it was not closed because the voice prompts and visual prompts on the instrument gauge are still working.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Waze did switch to the Home screen on its own (think it was a re-route trigger but perhaps it could have been lane watch too, will check later) but Waze wasn't closed as the widget was still running and I simply clicked on it to bring Waze back on the screen again. I know it was not closed because the voice prompts and visual prompts on the instrument gauge are still working.
Strange, no issues with .902 and LaneWatch on the way to work this morning.

sykeoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
The only quirk I was noticing is that the visual prompt on the instrument cluster wouldn't go away even after I made a turn sometimes.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put 400 miles on the new version tonight, and it is crap like I said it wasn't earlier. Blank screens, having to restart the phone for it to be able to calculate directions, etc etc. Will be going back to the previous version.

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I noticed with both version the alerts don't pop up on the screen to give options to state if the hazard is there or not there and everytime you report something the app restarts itself but it saves your route so it continues on.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to revert back to the old version and now it seems all screwed up. Problems logging in, says I have zero points, shows both the baby wazer yet I still have the sword too.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
.903 was released this morning:

What’s New:
  • No Wazers on map - we just implemented a fix for this ongoing issue in all environments. It might take some time sill for the fix to take effect in ROW. Please verify.
  • Branded Autocomplete
    • From now on more than 1 result might be decorated with a branded logo. Note that the same result could appear twice, both times with the logo, once as a promoted result and the other if returned organically.
  • Map fixes and optimizations
  • Stability fixes:
    • Map related crashes - Fixed
    • Crash in Car mode - Fixed
  • ETA and distance values disappear/turn tiny in landscape mode - Fixed
  • Broken traffic light report missing image in takeover - Fixed
  • Time to park on nearing destination overlaps with parking icon - Fixed
  • Carpool fixes
  • Setting parking when no network has no indication - Fixed

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.903 was released this morning:

What’s New:
  • No Wazers on map - we just implemented a fix for this ongoing issue in all environments. It might take some time sill for the fix to take effect in ROW. Please verify.
  • Branded Autocomplete
    • From now on more than 1 result might be decorated with a branded logo. Note that the same result could appear twice, both times with the logo, once as a promoted result and the other if returned organically.
  • Map fixes and optimizations
  • Stability fixes:
    • Map related crashes - Fixed
    • Crash in Car mode - Fixed
  • ETA and distance values disappear/turn tiny in landscape mode - Fixed
  • Broken traffic light report missing image in takeover - Fixed
  • Time to park on nearing destination overlaps with parking icon - Fixed
  • Carpool fixes
  • Setting parking when no network has no indication - Fixed
But is this version android auto compatible?
Sponsored