Waze for Android Auto?

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
But is this version android auto compatible?
Yes, confirmed .903 is AA compatible.
.901 was the first Waze Beta compatible with AA.
There were previously releases of Waze AA Beta, but AA has been integrated into the regular Waze Beta.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Yes, confirmed .903 is AA compatible.
.901 was the first Waze Beta compatible with AA.
There were previously releases of Waze AA Beta, but AA has been integrated into the regular Waze Beta.
Downloaded and confirmed working as well. I have yet another 400 mile trip tomorrow to shake it down....hopefully better than last version.

RayD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan - Touring
Country flag
Downloaded and confirmed working as well. I have yet another 400 mile trip tomorrow to shake it down....hopefully better than last version.
So, any news on the "shake down"? I tried getting it to work off my tablet that had Android 6 and when I plugged it into the USB it said "not compatible". It's a cell capable tablet, so I don't know why it didn't work. Anyways, I would love to see your update when you get a chance!

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
So, any news on the "shake down"? I tried getting it to work off my tablet that had Android 6 and when I plugged it into the USB it said "not compatible". It's a cell capable tablet, so I don't know why it didn't work. Anyways, I would love to see your update when you get a chance!
Have you installed Android Auto? I think my Nexus 7 tablet would not let me install it from the Play Store, though you might be able to download the APK and install it.

RayD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan - Touring
Country flag
Have you installed Android Auto? I think my Nexus 7 tablet would not let me install it from the Play Store, though you might be able to download the APK and install it.
I installed the APK. I'm going to try and figure it out today. Maybe I had mobile data "off"? I was in a hurry to get to an appointment so I didn't get a chance to play around with it.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Works, but still pretty buggy

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
Installed 4.27.0.0 beta and works as expected. Also works with LaneWatch enabled. Once encountered a stuck dark screen transition after LaneWatch ended but a quick switch to/from Google Maps solved the issue. Wish the road speed limit indicator was added as in the native app.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
The only quirk I was noticing is that the visual prompt on the instrument cluster wouldn't go away even after I made a turn sometimes.
Does your EX-T have Garmin navigation? I don't think DII navigation display is supported on models without, but I wanted to make sure.

sykeoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
Does your EX-T have Garmin navigation? I don't think DII navigation display is supported on models without, but I wanted to make sure.
I'm not sure what DII is, but no, I don't have Garmin Nav. The 2017's will show a direction in the instrument cluster, whereas the 2016 didn't. I actually have owned a 2016 and 2017 and that's the one difference I noticed.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I'm not sure what DII is, but no, I don't have Garmin Nav. The 2017's will show a direction in the instrument cluster, whereas the 2016 didn't. I actually have owned a 2016 and 2017 and that's the one difference I noticed.
The DII is the LCD-based instrument cluster (vs the MID, which is the conventional instrument cluster).

Well, now I'm annoyed. Are they going to add DII navigation prompts to 2016 vehicles? It's my primary annoyance with the system since literally all the hardware to support it is present.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
The DII is the LCD-based instrument cluster (vs the MID, which is the conventional instrument cluster).

Well, now I'm annoyed. Are they going to add DII navigation prompts to 2016 vehicles? It's my primary annoyance with the system since literally all the hardware to support it is present.
I would be absolutely shocked if Honda did this. Basically, it is illegal to add features after the sale of a car: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/0...020-but-only-for-a-new-infotainment-platform/

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
Is there any way to have separate Waze and overall volumes? I know when you're using Maps you can turn down the volume when the nav voice is speaking, but it seems like Waze is tied to overall volume.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It should be in the Waze settings under Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound and Voice > App volume.
Sponsored