Anyone know when waze will be available on android auto?

cfochs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2008 Honda CRV EX, and 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
It was announced that it was coming back in May, but I can't seem to find any info on a release date.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I'm just speculating, but I think it will be added when Android Nougat gets officially released. Hoping that my aging Nexus 5 gets an update, or a worthy replacement becomes available.

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Google has said nothing regarding Waze since I/O. Like bhorn, I suspect they are waiting for Nougat release, or at least sometime after. Google's priority at the moment seems to be focus on Nougat.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I cannot wait for Waze to come. I cant stand Google Maps.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I cannot wait for Waze to come. I cant stand Google Maps.
I am one of those people that finds google navigates better than waze...when exiting the hwy, google tells me what lane to be in, waze doesn't really tell me until I am already off the ramp...personal preference I guess, but I am okay for now with Google maps...I probably would use waze tho once it comes to android auto

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I am one of those people that finds google navigates better than waze...when exiting the hwy, google tells me what lane to be in, waze doesn't really tell me until I am already off the ramp...personal preference I guess, but I am okay for now with Google maps...I probably would use waze tho once it comes to android auto
I'm mix about GM vs Waze. There are some stuff Waze does better (like allowing me to set Avoid Toll as a default), and stuff that Google Maps does better (clearer instructions). But options is always good.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say give it another full year, I'd expect late 2017 to early 2018. Rumors of Wales coming to AA have been in the works for years...they're clearly in no hurry.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I'm mix about GM vs Waze. There are some stuff Waze does better (like allowing me to set Avoid Toll as a default), and stuff that Google Maps does better (clearer instructions). But options is always good.
True, guess I never noticed about toll roads because I don't live near any, but I could see that being important

dohmez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It was in one of the demos at I/O. I imagine it'll come with the Nougat release or shortly after since Nougat will probably also introduce Google Assistant and "OK Google" for AA.

OP
OP

cfochs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2008 Honda CRV EX, and 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Anyone have any updates on this?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still haven't heard anything. They're really dragging their feet with this.

vaporX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic - EX-T
Country flag
Just wait till next Tuesday, 4th October. Google is planning on to release couple of new "Pixel" phones along with new Nougat release version 7.1. Fingers crossed if they introduce Android Auto 2 along with Waze integration.

grahaman27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I am sure we will hear something next week. A lot of what was announced earlier this year at google I/O will be coming very soon (like Waze). We should hear something very soon.

For instance, I am interested in how the update for android auto to work wirelessly will work.

vaporX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic - EX-T
Country flag
I am sure we will hear something next week. A lot of what was announced earlier this year at google I/O will be coming very soon (like Waze). We should hear something very soon.

For instance, I am interested in how the update for android auto to work wirelessly will work.
Yes, wireless connectivity would be an interesting feature. Hope they update Android Auto 2 as well in the scheduled event.
Although I am not sure IF or HOW we will get AA2 update in our cars. They should streamline the AA2 update process via some USB flashing to ease the pain of visiting the dealer every time.
Sponsored