VTT 10th Gen GC/GC+ State of the Union Update!

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
Hey guys, wanted to stop by, and give a little update on the units since we announced them coming up on a year ago in March, with a release date of June.

Some quick numbers
  • Units sold - A Little under 100 units of both GC and GC+
  • Number of Warranty claims or Requests - 0
  • Number of issues reported - 0

So far the units are batting a 1000, and not a single warranty claim or report has come to our attention since their release. If there are any out there, they have not been brought to us.

We are very pleased with the performance of the units, their robustness, and their reliability. We want to thank all you guys for the kind words, reviews, and orders. We look forward to working more with the community!

VTT Team
Sponsored

Last edited:

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I can confirm mine is seeing hell and back and is taking all of the abuse! Practically only run it on an e30 blend,28psi is seen daily, listened to @VargasTurboTech on how to maintain the car with there turbo and the car has been going strong for 7 months now!

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, wanted to stop by, and give a little update on the units since we announced them coming up on a year ago in March, with a release date of June.

Some quick numbers

So far the units are batting 100%, and not a single warranty claim or report has come to our attention since their release. If there are any out there, they have not been brought to us.

We are very pleased with the performance of the units, their robustness, and their reliability. We want to thank all you guys for the kind words, reviews, and orders. We look forward to working more with the community!

VTT Team
That is great to see, I know I have had zero issues with my GC. Awesome performance and reliability! Great job VTT you guys came through with the goods.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The performance is amazing, but the tiny hole for the cotter pin was not aligned on the GC UNIT, latest revision, and I had to drill it slightly bigger to fit a different cotter pin and it worked. I didn’t wanna send it in because of timing but it’s flawless now 👍🏽 just an FYI, no hate.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The performance is amazing, but the tiny hole for the cotter pin was not aligned on the GC UNIT, latest revision, and I had to drill it slightly bigger to fit a different cotter pin and it worked. I didn’t wanna send it in because of timing but it’s flawless now 👍🏽 just an FYI, no hate.
We appreciate the feedback. We will check those on all units we have.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag

Some quick numbers

So far the units are batting 100%, and not a single warranty claim or report has come to our attention since their release. If there are any out there, they have not been brought to us.

VTT Team

Some quick numbers

VTT Team
I can attest to the quality and reliability thus far it has been going strong for just over 8000 miles and counting. I have the GC+ on 93 and it’s great couldn’t ask for a better combo. From 3000 to redline its a animal. Great work @VargasTurboTech

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I can confirm mine is seeing hell and back and is taking all of the abuse! Practically only run it on an e30 blend,28psi is seen daily, listened to @VargasTurboTech on how to maintain the car with there turbo and the car has been going strong for 7 months now!

What have they sugested as maintenance? Also who tuned your car ? If you dont mind me asking Thanks in advance.

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
What have they sugested as maintenance? Also who tuned your car ? If you dont mind me asking Thanks in advance.
0w or 5w40 for oil changes every 3-4k miles 4k being high in that regard that’s really the main change from any other general maintenance I would follow, I’m tuned by Derek Robinson at Imwtuning! I’ll emphasize the oil again as Vargas emphasized the 0w or 5w40.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
0w or 5w40 for oil changes every 3-4k miles 4k being high in that regard that’s really the main change from any other general maintenance I would follow, I’m tuned by Derek Robinson at Imwtuning! I’ll emphasize the oil again as Vargas emphasized the 0w or 5w40.
Great got that info and follow it as well awesome i have the gc+ with the pherable tune then went to a dyno by me and had it dialed in a bit but am going to do a etune with phearable i think Did you do a tune and what does it entail like what gear runs etc? Sorry for all the questions just that i heard someone blew there car up getting a etune wonder how safe it is

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Great got that info and follow it as well awesome i have the gc+ with the pherable tune then went to a dyno by me and had it dialed in a bit but am going to do a etune with phearable i think Did you do a tune and what does it entail like what gear runs etc? Sorry for all the questions just that i heard someone blew there car up getting a etune wonder how safe it is
No problem I’m happy to help, I can’t speak on phearables process assuming it’s similar, you’re probably going to receive between 8-10 files less if you’re not using ethanol, about a file a week, 1 pull for certain you’re going to be doing consistently on all files is a 3rd gear wide open throttle from 2000-2500rpms to redline, they might have you do some highway driving and stop and go driving per file, and id say it’s email can be a tad more beneficial as you’re not loading the car numerous times with a small time span but I’m not an expert on that. On my last file I had gone wide open throttle 2nd-3rd and 4th gears and that’s honestly one of my favorite experiences owning the car was that one pull haha from what my car was before on stock turbo to final product I was extremely happy to say the least

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
No problem I’m happy to help, I can’t speak on phearables process assuming it’s similar, you’re probably going to receive between 8-10 files less if you’re not using ethanol, about a file a week, 1 pull for certain you’re going to be doing consistently on all files is a 3rd gear wide open throttle from 2000-2500rpms to redline, they might have you do some highway driving and stop and go driving per file, and id say it’s email can be a tad more beneficial as you’re not loading the car numerous times with a small time span but I’m not an expert on that. On my last file I had gone wide open throttle 2nd-3rd and 4th gears and that’s honestly one of my favorite experiences owning the car was that one pull haha from what my car was before on stock turbo to final product I was extremely happy to say the least
Damm wide open from 2500 that part scares me lol

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
EDIT: Customer Emailed and expressed apologies That is all we were really looking for. No problem

Last edited:

Xedos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport+ 1.5T (MT)
Country flag
I'm stuck. I really don't know which one to choose for a euro spec non-si FK7 1.5L, GC, GC+ or others (but especially GC). The point is my country has one of the worst petrol in Europe. Officially it's 91 RON but contains not more than E5! I can add some ethanol or Tarco to tank to make it E10. Another thing is I don't want to use flex fuel and I don't want a built engine (mod rods/heads etc.) Even I don't wanna replace the stock exhaust system. Maybe I can replace the down pipe only and unwillingly with a silent one.
Does it make sense to make such an upgrade without other mods?
Sponsored