First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone with this turbo and Phearable OTS flex fuel tune? Just purchased one myself and looking for thoughts and opinions compared to stock turbo and e85
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The difference is it is a completely different car. Power kicks in *slightly* higher in rpm than the stock turbo but since it makes that much more power you might not notice it much

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Anyone with this turbo and Phearable OTS flex fuel tune? Just purchased one myself and looking for thoughts and opinions compared to stock turbo and e85
There's a big difference in overall power but if you're comparing a pump gas upgraded turbo vs flex fuel stock turbo then they're close with the edge going to the pump gas upgraded turbo once the revs are higher.

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The difference is it is a completely different car. Power kicks in *slightly* higher in rpm than the stock turbo but since it makes that much more power you might not notice it much
Thanks for the input and thats kind of what i wanted to hear, when i went e85 the car felt much different and hoping for the same experience on the butt dyno when i get the GC+ in. How long have you been running the turbo with e85?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I donā€™t use flex fuel, which is why I didnā€™t chime in. šŸ¤·šŸ¼
I overlooked the flex part, just seen the otf phearable and GC+ part. oops my bad.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just got my tracking for the turbo look out for the next month or so for a updated review maybe can get some decent videos with it as well!
Sweet!

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the input and thats kind of what i wanted to hear, when i went e85 the car felt much different and hoping for the same experience on the butt dyno when i get the GC+ in. How long have you been running the turbo with e85?

I have the very first GC turbo that Vargas made for testing before production, since I got to see the first dyno results and was sharing them with Vargas I did separate custom tunes, one for 93 oct near the end of 2021 and then a second session for E30 in January this year, both at IMW.

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the very first GC turbo that Vargas made for testing before production, since I got to see the first dyno results and was sharing them with Vargas I did separate custom tunes, one for 93 oct near the end of 2021 and then a second session for E30 in January this year, both at IMW.
Good to hear it's been up and running for close to a year now and on different tunes. I did not want to spring for a "new" turbo with a high rate of failure as I've seen from another company:flame:

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got the Spooly boy in, thanks VTT for the extra goodies now to get some new gaskets and other things for the install, looking to get everything on in the next month or so depending on how busy it keeps up

Honda Civic 10th gen Vargas GC+ Turbo D1133568-9081-4A3A-ACAF-637DA914E759

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally an updateā€¦

Today I had my turbo installed my only loss was 2 turbo studs the DP studs thankfully were not broken as I actually overlooked getting replacements I recommend to those who do the swap to get some as cheap insurance. As of now I plan on doing an oil change tomorrow and also staying on low boost or no boost till Iā€™m done with the ā€œbreak inā€ miles. I can say at map 1 running 93 hitting a max of 3psi soo far the car has been able to show me some more direct engagement and my shifts arenā€™t as smooth due to the extra power Iā€™m having to adjust to and Iā€™m barely pushing it.(This will be interesting under WOT) Will be putting some more miles and doing another update.As a reminder this is with Phearableā€™s VTT GC+ OTS Flex Fuel Tune

Thanks to @Doc_Mello and @Sport-injected for answering some questions I had.

Parts To Use:

18233-59B-004
18234-59B-004
15544-59B-003
19524-59B-004
15535-6A0-A00
15533-59B-003

DP/FP kit and DP stud kit also Turbo studs if not provided, I received a set from VTT

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally an updateā€¦

Today I had my turbo installed my only loss was 2 turbo studs the DP studs thankfully were not broken as I actually overlooked getting replacements I recommend to those who do the swap to get some as cheap insurance. As of now I plan on doing an oil change tomorrow and also staying on low boost or no boost till Iā€™m done with the ā€œbreak inā€ miles. I can say at map 1 running 93 hitting a max of 3psi soo far the car has been able to show me some more direct engagement and my shifts arenā€™t as smooth due to the extra power Iā€™m having to adjust to and Iā€™m barely pushing it.(This will be interesting under WOT) Will be putting some more miles and doing another update.As a reminder this is with Phearableā€™s VTT GC+ OTS Flex Fuel Tune

Thanks to @Doc_Mello and @Sport-injected for answering some questions I had.

Parts To Use:

18233-59B-004
18234-59B-004
15544-59B-003
19524-59B-004
15535-6A0-A00
15533-59B-003

DP/FP kit and DP stud kit also Turbo studs if not provided, I received a set from VTT
Awesome! šŸ™ŒšŸ¼ Not bad that you only had a couple of studs as casualties. It happens. Enjoy the new turbo! Youā€™re probably smarter than me; I did not do break-in miles. šŸ˜… I didnā€™t go out and punch it, but I did take her out on the maiden voyage to ensure everything was working properly, and that there were no leaks, then I drove her like I normally would, though respecting the new power (which it sounds like youā€™re doing. šŸ‘šŸ¼).

I def recommend that brand new oil change (I use 0W-40 full synth, others use a similar weight), and I checked for oil/coolant leaks every couple of days for the first week. Then, after 500 miles, check for leaks once more, and I re-checked the torque on some of the DP & turbo bolts, just for good measure.

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome! šŸ™ŒšŸ¼ Not bad that you only had a couple of studs as casualties. It happens. Enjoy the new turbo! Youā€™re probably smarter than me; I did not do break-in miles. šŸ˜… I didnā€™t go out and punch it, but I did take her out on the maiden voyage to ensure everything was working properly, and that there were no leaks, then I drove her like I normally would, though respecting the new power (which it sounds like youā€™re doing. šŸ‘šŸ¼).

I def recommend that brand new oil change (I use 0W-40 full synth, others use a similar weight), and I checked for oil/coolant leaks every couple of days for the first week. Then, after 500 miles, check for leaks once more, and I re-checked the torque on some of the DP & turbo bolts, just for good measure.
Break in period is a must honestly I want to give the turbo some time to settle in before it starts working itā€™s 2 full time jobs under WOT for me šŸ˜‚and good advice on checking the leaks that actually did not cross my mind and will be doing this as well. As for being smarter ? Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a stock block L15 stillā€¦ but seeing as thereā€™s a few on similar set ups with thousands of miles makes me confident on it though. I had the most annoying experience yesterday with my car by far when I went to pick it up at the shop, tried uploading the tune while there and gave up after 30 minutes I then drove back home on phearables 2.5 flex fuel no boost hit. It somehow took me 3 hours to tune the vehicle I used 3 separate cables I restarted the laptop updated Ktuner program to date deleted and tried again and then finally Ktuner said that my actual ktuner v1.2 was out of date after 3 hours Lmfaoo that was for sure the biggest headache the swap wasnā€™t even that longšŸ’€
Sponsored