VTT 10th Gen GC/GC+ State of the Union Update!

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
We hate to call anyone out, but PLEASE PLEASE do NOT be this guy. He was getting email responses at 6:52 AM on a Monday. We are in the middle of a full move of our operations, 4 hours go by, and he is saying we have terrible customer service and wants to cancel his order. Please please people, do not be this entitled guy. We do our best, but 4 hours for a response during a move is not a long time... Sorry we could not help you Luis, good luck with whoever you choose next with an attitude like that. End Rant.../
View attachment 372899 View attachment 372900
That's absolutely ridiculous. He's gotta be a troll lol. Anyway I can't wait to go Vargas!!!!!

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
friend's Si with vargs gc+. rv6 dp/fp to a prl turndown (the greddy is just hanging on the back of the car) using the included vargas tune. follow him on IG @chanspec.fc3

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Xedos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport+ 1.5T (MT)
Country flag
I'm very glad to hear that.

Actually I'm after a GC+ and it makes me nervous as I will put it in a stock engine. My ride is a Sport HB and that said it has weaker rods than your Sis.

2020cornfedsi

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
I want the gc+ so baddd but I want supporting mods like pistons rods , thicker Gasket that map performance has on their website . I alr have arp headstuds idk if that can hold 28psi reliably daily

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I want the gc+ so baddd but I want supporting mods like pistons rods , thicker Gasket that map performance has on their website . I alr have arp headstuds idk if that can hold 28psi reliably daily
I’m boutta catch hate bro but is has to be said, the studs are an issue, if you have abused the car and dont maintain it properly, my car has held 28psi on the stock studs since February last year and since july of this year i switched to the vargas gc turbo, i daily my car 100 miles round trip to and from work and am constantly hitting 28psi, I’m in a Facebook group I’ll attach pictures if needed but this other si owner grenaded his si and it was 100% his fault, ran an ots flex fuel map, ran 0w20 oil hit peak boost at 2700rpm and the car lifted the head and shot a rod thru the block and he blamed the car like no the car wasn’t the issue it was the driver…

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m boutta catch hate bro but is has to be said, the studs are an issue, if you have abused the car and dont maintain it properly, my car has held 28psi on the stock studs since February last year and since july of this year i switched to the vargas gc turbo, i daily my car 100 miles round trip to and from work and am constantly hitting 28psi, I’m in a Facebook group I’ll attach pictures if needed but this other si owner grenaded his si and it was 100% his fault, ran an ots flex fuel map, ran 0w20 oil hit peak boost at 2700rpm and the car lifted the head and shot a rod thru the block and he blamed the car like no the car wasn’t the issue it was the driver…
So moral of that story is it’s not a friggin bullet proof kseries it’s a 1.5L you have to be careful with what you are doing and try not to be to reckless, i shit you not the only times my car has hit boost before 3500rpms was when i data logged it for my tune.

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
From what I understand the OEM head gasket holds up fine once you have done the ARP/TSP head studs. There could be existing wear from before you installed the headstuds though.
Sponsored