Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Break in period is a must honestly I want to give the turbo some time to settle in before it starts working it’s 2 full time jobs under WOT for me 😂and good advice on checking the leaks that actually did not cross my mind and will be doing this as well. As for being smarter ? I’m not sure it’s a stock block L15 still… but seeing as there’s a few on similar set ups with thousands of miles makes me confident on it though. I had the most annoying experience yesterday with my car by far when I went to pick it up at the shop, tried uploading the tune while there and gave up after 30 minutes I then drove back home on phearables 2.5 flex fuel no boost hit. It somehow took me 3 hours to tune the vehicle I used 3 separate cables I restarted the laptop updated Ktuner program to date deleted and tried again and then finally Ktuner said that my actual ktuner v1.2 was out of date after 3 hours Lmfaoo that was for sure the biggest headache the swap wasn’t even that long💀
Electrical gremlins are the worst! 🤦🏼😄 Glad that was the biggest issue, though rather than something mechanical.

So, I mean, I probably did do break-in miles inadvertently because I try to drive the car sanely, which is really what BM miles are about, but it certainly wasn’t intentional. TMK, BM miles are more of a ‘test-drive the new parts for a while, make sure there’s no issues’, rather than strapping them on, then immediately going full send on track.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update -

I have fully "broken" in the new turbo, and this car is a different monster and I've only been running 93, I may be uploading some dash cam footage once i have that set up again have been surprised with what cars I've been able to keep up and pass now. I can't imagine what e85 would feel in this car the turbo feels great and definitely feels like there's more headroom. Great work VTT

Xedos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport+ 1.5T (MT)
Country flag
Guys do you think GC+ require a downpipe upgrade? OR maybe an aftermarket TIP?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Guys do you think GC+ require a downpipe upgrade? OR maybe an aftermarket TIP?
Running the turbo without would be really restrictive. Needed no. But you would be missing out on faster spool with the stock inlet pipe and definitely leaving tq/hp on the table without high flow Downpipe.

OP
OP
Ml037382

Ml037382

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
10 month update

Car has been running amazing with no issues, over 5k miles on the “new” turbo. Big turbo Si is exactly what I wanted from modding my car. Perfect balance between being able to commute regularly and leaving the scene at a moments notice💀. Have had my fair share of “races” and I am impressed by how many cars I have beaten and with decent gaps between the cars as well. Highly recommend this turbo for anyone that has been contemplating. I have been planning on doing the ARP headstud upgrade for more reliability but overall impressed with the L15 despite the “failures” that may be seen while running with E85.

With the 10 month update here is a update picture of the car itself.
Honda Civic 10th gen Vargas GC+ Turbo IMG_1079
Sponsored