Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
For street use I'll echo what was said above with a recommendation of either EBC Red or Yellowstuff. Hawk HPS and HP+ are also good aggressive street compounds. We have all of them on our site if you're interested or feel free to shoot me a message!

Anything more aggressive than those pads (or equivalent) will wear through rotors prematurely and have less than desirable cold performance on the street.
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I have porterfield r4s front and rear for street use and they bite well and dust quite a bit less than stock. They perform well cold which is expected for a street pad. Also no noise whatsoever in normal driving.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the paragon rotors all around and hawks 5.0 pads and they are great.
I've also just bought the paragon p2 front/rear but not installed yet.
I've only heard great things about the EBC its just that I wanted to try something different on the type r

fc1_lani23

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 CD5
Country flag
I have porterfield r4s front and rear for street use and they bite well and dust quite a bit less than stock. They perform well cold which is expected for a street pad. Also no noise whatsoever in normal driving.
Which exact ones do you run? Like the part # since theres like 4 pages worth lol.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Which exact ones do you run? Like the part # since theres like 4 pages worth lol.
I use the R4S compound for street.

https://porterfield-brakes.com/search-result/?years=2019&make=23&model=3937&manufacturer=7444

Looks like the track only compounds are available now as well for the Si. I highly recommend the R4 compound for track duty. Used them on my front Stoptech bbk on my 350z on half a dozen track days and they never faded on me once. If I ever end up tracking the Si I will go with that again.

toastyJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I also ran ebc (yellow front, red rear) and were great on the street. No bueno on big track.
Did you try this combo in AutoX? I ordered matching front+rear EBC Red stuff but the front pads have been delayed for 7 months now. Hoping I can find a different front pad in stock somewhere.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you try this combo in AutoX? I ordered matching front+rear EBC Red stuff but the front pads have been delayed for 7 months now. Hoping I can find a different front pad in stock somewhere.
I have not... They should be good for that since it is shorter time and lower speeds.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We use ebc bluestuff in our Si. We have yet to see it fade. It's rated up to 550C/1000F. We are using motul rbf700 and it boils before we have any signs of pad fade. You need to be careful though when they are cold, as they don't bite that much before getting into working temperature. After the first braking, it's all good.

I run ebc rp1/rpx on the type R. No fade up to 850C/1550F. That is, no fade ever... Strong bite in all temperatures and very good modulation. A PITA to bed in, though.
I know Type R bluestuff pads will fit an Si rear caliper, but are you running bluestuff up front on an Si as well? Which front caliper? Also curious about how modded the Si is. I'm definitely intrigued/interested in running blue. As I'm drooling over potential BBKsb(mostly for compound options), I'm trying to guess if I can get away with Blue up front on an Si or if it will get torched.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
I know Type R bluestuff pads will fit an Si rear caliper, but are you running bluestuff up front on an Si as well? Which front caliper? Also curious about how modded the Si is. I'm definitely intrigued/interested in running blue. As I'm drooling over potential BBKsb(mostly for compound options), I'm trying to guess if I can get away with Blue up front on an Si or if it will get torched.
The Si runs bluestuff on the fronts (27won BBK) and OEM 20+ fk8 pads on the rears. Car is stock power-wise, only suspension and transmission bits, good 200tw tires and a BBK. Before the BBK we had a similar pad compound up front on the stock brake, but the fluid used to boil after 1.5 hot lap on track. Now the Si can go full send for 10 laps before needing to cool down. However, we have already seen extreme temps in our new calipers and we were even instructed to rebuild it once. We are looking to add some ducting work and test again with temperature strips. I don't believe our current setup is enough for our track if we had a tuned Si.

Now, EBC blue when cold is no joke. It feels like new, not properly bedded in pads have just been put on. It's like you need to use 3x the usual brake pressure for your first stop. To avoid any issues, we learned to warm our pads when leaving the garage, before seeing any traffic.

I'm changing my R from EBC rp1 to rpx. My wife (who tracks and daily drives the Si) says I'm being stubborn, should have just gone with bluestuff like her.

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ddoand OEM 20+ fk8 pads on the rears. Car is stock power-wise, only suspension and transmission bits, good 200tw tires and a BBK. Before the BBK we had a similar pad compound up front on the stock brake, but the fluid used to boil after 1.5 hot lap on track. Now the Si can go full send for 10 laps before needing to cool down. However, we have already seen extreme temps in our new calipers and we were even instructed to rebuild it once. We are looking to add some ducting work and test again with temperature strips. I don't believe our current setup is enough for our track if we had a tuned Si.

Now, EBC blue when cold is no joke. It feels like new, not properly bedded in pads have just been put on. It's like you need to use 3x the usual brake pressure for your first stop. To avoid any issues, we learned to warm our pads when leaving the garage, before seeing any traffic.

I'm changing my R from EBC rp1 to rpx. My wife (who tracks and daily drives the Si) says I'm being stubborn, should have just gone with bluestuff like her.
Is that EBC blue stuff on the 27won BBK? Do you happen to have the part #?
I

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
We have both front and rear EBC reds in stock for the Si. Would probably recommend yellows for autocross use though.

jul

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK7 6MT
Country flag
Just upgraded to HPS+ from the default 27won brake pad in the front and kept HPS 5.0 in the rear. Very good bite and modulation for a street pad, very happy with the performance. A bit noisy on the street but not too much.

In case it's helpful to anyone, part # for Hawk pads:
Front BBK: HB110
Rear stock: HB900

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have the paragon rotors all around and hawks 5.0 pads and they are great.
I've also just bought the paragon p2 front/rear but not installed yet.
I've only heard great things about the EBC its just that I wanted to try something different on the type r
How do you like the Paragon P2 compare to the hawk 5.0's? Which has better performance and less dust?
Sponsored