This is the worst car I have ever bought.

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow ... Sorry the unnecessary tech isn’t working properly

Have a lovely day
To be fair the lane assist, lane departure, and collision mitigation all works and is pretty cool. Not necessary, but in case of an emergency they could save lives. There are stories on the forums of people being cut off and the car activates the auto braking and prevents a collision. I can also imagine the lane departure being useful in case of someone possibly have a seizure, stroke, pass out, fall asleep at the wheel.
Sponsored

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
@MikeJXWT I know this is off topic, but what did you do to blackout your hood? I can't really see and didn't find a profile for your car.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Odd... I'm an owner of a 17 Touring, and thus far I have yet to experience any of these major issues (fingers crossed).

Subwoofer - never experienced it. What did the dealership say about it? It's a shame that Honda didn't purchase a "name brand" sound system for their top trim.

Infotainment - Hate to burst your bubble, but a lot of times the compatibility issues lies within your device, not the car. Secondly, reboot your system from time to time (hold down power button). Thirdly, hope for more aftermarket support in the future. It's an Android system, so you already have a leg up over many manufacturers out there.

Remote start - I have to ask, did you follow the instructions? The sequence is lock (even if it is already locked) --> remote start.

Windshield - I have nothing to say.

Honda Sensing - Is something obstructing your radar? How was the lighting condition on the road? From my personal experience, the system would calibrate itself over time. When I first drove the car off the lot, the ACC was very sensitive. I did not change any setting, and now the ACC warning only comes up when I am approaching the front vehicle at a higher-than-regular speed (i.e. it is working as intended).

Side note, my biggest gripe with this vehicle is the rain-sensing wiper. It has re-calibrated itself over the past couple of months, but it's still too sensitive during light drizzles. The worst part is that the vehicle doesn't come with an regular intermittent wiper setting.

Last edited:

internalaudit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic 5 M/T, 2011 I4 Accord Coupe 5 A/T
I for one am stuck in traffic in my everyday work commute. It would be great if the car can drive itself reliabably in the highway. Also, it would be great if the car can stop itself when I am about to get into an accident.

Honda Sensing is great if executed properly. From what I read, it will take Honda some time to prefect the technology. I am certain that Honda will make it right in the next few years.
Just noticed you have a SI so ACC with no LSF as well. Can manuals really be programmed to do LSF and shift gears?

Our 16 RAV4 Hybrid comes with Toyota Safety Sense and so far the ACC (no LSF) has been quite reliable. For AEB, I just set it to the lowest sensitivity and so far it only braked once or twice, even when I wasn't in danger of hitting the car in front of me but it wasn't extremely hard braking so I'm not disappointed in any way. Maybe this is the second generation, or perhaps a carry over from the Lexus technology.

This is already Honda's second generation of Honda Sensing so hopefully it's better than the previous ones in the Acura's and 16-17 Accord.

No way can these systems be perfect even in the next few iterations. I would rather have the system kick in once in a while (false positives) when not required than have them dormant when I'm about to collide with another vehicle.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having owned a Mustang, I figured you'd be used to disappointment.

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
@MikeJXWT I know this is off topic, but what did you do to blackout your hood? I can't really see and didn't find a profile for your car.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but it sounds like your talking about the Front Bumper cover that is on my car in my Avatar. It's the top half of the OEM Bumper Cover that goes on the Hood and Grill. The bumper cover itself is a P.I.A. to put on so I only install the whole thing when going on long road trips like L.A., Reno and Oregon. I use the top half of the cover on closer areas if I'm going on the freeway to help deal with rock chips as the 10th gen's paint is even more fragile than my former 7th gen's.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Just noticed you have a SI so ACC with no LSF as well. Can manuals really be programmed to do LSF and shift gears?
2018 Accord 6MT comes with Honda Sensing; it has most Sensing features but no ACC-LSF.
My SI is 2018 and I actually hoped that it would come with some features of Honda Sensing. Too bad, it did not happen!

internalaudit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic 5 M/T, 2011 I4 Accord Coupe 5 A/T
2018 Accord 6MT comes with Honda Sensing; it has most Sensing features but no ACC-LSF.
My SI is 2018 and I actually hoped that it would come with some features of Honda Sensing. Too bad, it did not happen!
I didn't know. I thought your SI would come with ACC with no LSF because yeah, I knew the new Accord MT would have ACC with no LSF.

But then again you mentioned, you'd rather have Honda mature the technology until you get on board and I might become one of the guinea pigs for Honda.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At this point i would really advise people to avoid the touring, since all problems commonly affect the feature this version only has. My car on the other hand is absolutely perfect, i can't find a single thing i don't love about it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You even love the thin paint?
well, maybe not that but it doesn't really affect in any way the experience, still looks great after a proper detail. 10 years later, when the clear coat will bubble and peel off probably will be more of a concern (for somebody else i guess)

Windgrace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
At this point i would really advise people to avoid the touring, since all problems commonly affect the feature this version only has. My car on the other hand is absolutely perfect, i can't find a single thing i don't love about it.
I think this might be sound advice.

@OP, know you're not alone in your disappointment in your Civic Touring. I, too, have a Civic Touring that's been a nightmare. Subwoofer rattle (shoved some foam in the 3rd brakelight which got rid of most of it...but a song came on a few weeks ago and it sounded like there was a machine gun going off in my car), paint issues (dirt under factory paint which required repainting and the shop that re-painted screwed up the edge of one of the doors and won't take any responsibility for it), the adaptive cruise control/speedometer is always 1 mph, the infotainment screen randomly brightens/darkens, I get the "no device connected" message about half the time I try to connect my phone, and the auto-dimming mirror SUCKS. It refuses to work for vehicles within 30 feet of the car and flips on and off constantly while driving.

OP
OP

Bamaaviator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just got some free time and read through this thread, quite a bit of people being condescending, but this is the internet and expect it.

I have no dog in the fight. Not a fanboy of any make / brand or whatever car. I was simply very excited to finally own a Civic and have been let down tremendously on what I thought would be an amazing car.

To the poster that made a comment about me "bragging" about what cars I previously had, I dont believe I ever bragged about a darn thing. Simply stated what cars I had owned and had experience with. I was a very proud owner of every car Ive had as I worked very hard to have them. I made a comment because I have now had more problems with a brand new 17 Touring Civic that had 1.3 miles on it when I purchased it...than I had with my previous 5 cars combined and well over 200k miles between them.

Ive called Honda, they say there is no issue and they know of no issue with the windshields, yet after I had my problem and now have googled it, the problem is very widespread. Same thing with infotainment, remote start, honda sensing etc.

Just posted to say that after a years ownership that I am very disappointed. Nothing more, nothing less.

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Country flag
I have 27k miles on my '16 Touring and it is still, by far, the best car I have ever owned. I did have that sub woofer rattle issue but the dealership put some gel around the woofer and it cured the problem. Best car ever.....and I am 56 yrs old and have had a ton of different new cars including Mercedes, Lexus, Toyota, Ford.....This CIvic is the best car made imo.....
Sponsored