briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Look around at the houses near where you parked, find one with cameras's on it and ask them if they can view their cameras during the hours you were parked. The three neighbors and myself have Camera's and literally can make a feature film quality video with cutaways with all the angles we can get.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I just got the car back from the insurance adjuster. Total amount of damage is $4000. Needs a new grill, new headlights, new metal bumper, new air dam and new air conditioner condenser. Whoever hit it must have really floored it in reverse.

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (MT)
Country flag
I just got the car back from the insurance adjuster. Total amount of damage is $4000. Needs a new grill, new headlights, new metal bumper, new air dam and new air conditioner condenser. Whoever hit it must have really floored it in reverse.
Just as other people have said, the majority of people won't do the moral thing and stand by if they cause damage most likely because they simply don't care.

To throw my own experience in the ring: My gf and I were parking in the mall parking lot and were waiting to get out of our car as someone approached the car on our right. As we're sat talking patiently waiting for the woman to drive away, suddenly her car door bangs our car, very hard as well. Either the wind or intentional, I do not know. I get out and see a good dime sized dent with paint chipped off. I look towards the woman and she doesn't even recognize my existence and speeds off. Caught the plate but decided not to do anything about it since my gf's car is her daily beater car, there's worse scratches and dents, but the least that lady could of done was recognize the mistake and apologize. She was driving a new Cadillac Escalade as well, make of that what you will. If it were my car which I take care of, it would have gone down differently.

In short, people suck. Sorry you're car has taken such a beating. I have a tiny dent on each side of my hatch due to people hitting my car with their door in parking lots. I always try to park in less desirable spots now to avoid the headache.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just as other people have said, the majority of people won't do the moral thing and stand by if they cause damage most likely because they simply don't care.

To throw my own experience in the ring: My gf and I were parking in the mall parking lot and were waiting to get out of our car as someone approached the car on our right. As we're sat talking patiently waiting for the woman to drive away, suddenly her car door bangs our car, very hard as well. Either the wind or intentional, I do not know. I get out and see a good dime sized dent with paint chipped off. I look towards the woman and she doesn't even recognize my existence and speeds off. Caught the plate but decided not to do anything about it since my gf's car is her daily beater car, there's worse scratches and dents, but the least that lady could of done was recognize the mistake and apologize. She was driving a new Cadillac Escalade as well, make of that what you will. If it were my car which I take care of, it would have gone down differently.

In short, people suck. Sorry you're car has taken such a beating. I have a tiny dent on each side of my hatch due to people hitting my car with their door in parking lots. I always try to park in less desirable spots now to avoid the headache.

Still my favorite car related clip in a tv show ever....

Sponsored