Things you wish you knew about your car on Day 1?

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Something wish I'd done on day one ( and therefore highly reccomend) was to cermaic coat the wheels....they take a beating and loose their shine, get potted easily.
Sponsored

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Only took me twenty minutes of looking to find out my 2019 type R has no CD player :hmm:

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has been mentioned previously but damn I miss having a place to put my sunglasses.

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
No Honda Lane watch..I thought something wasn't set right in the settings until I saw my passenger side mirror and no camera ...WTF? would a little camera really add that much weight Honda! That was a nice feature on my former Si
This is standard on Canadian models alongside wireless charging.

I wish I had a better spot for sunglasses but other than that, pretty standard civic!

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
It has been mentioned previously but damn I miss having a place to put my sunglasses.
I keep a cheap pair in the side pocket of the center console by my right leg. If they're and expensive pair I put them in their case and either in the very bottom compartment under the infotainment or under the cup holders, out of sight.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I put my sunglasses on top of my head when not in use, but the problem is I can never find them

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
I echo the comments about the TPMS system--sometimes it seems to go on after 30-40 miles of continuous driving. I wish Honda would do something about it as it is a nuisance. I also wish the steering and suspension could be in sport mode and the ride in comfort, but maybe for model year 2021?

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Where is the blind spot that you're talking about?
It's around the C-pillar. I extended the stock mirrors out a good distance, but at some point it becomes discombobulating when you can't see your car in the mirror for a reference point. I ordered the Spoon mirrors based on some posts showing how much wider a view they provide, and they are fortuitously arriving tomorrow (which is very exciting for me!)

Do I think the blind spot is awful? No. It's not nearly as bad as a vehicle like the new Supra where you basically can't see anything in a variety of angles. But it's definitely there. The Spoon mirrors wouldn't have been created if they didn't see a market need, so I know it's not just me. I only wish Honda had made a better stock mirror with a wider viewing range to begin with.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Get some 18 inch wheels and that's basically what you'll have.
This is the most true statement I've read on this board. I do think there is a slight decrease in handling with 18" wheels, but it's more than made up in the daily driving factor as it's much more comfortable to drive over everyday bumps and potholes. Also, depending on your 18" wheels + tires combo, you'll be lighter than the stock version (48-50 lbs savings), so you may get palpably better acceleration (as I do). Just sayin'!

R-14267

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R #14267
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you stick with the stock wheels, be sure to purchase the wheel warranty. Glad I did. At only 300 miles, I hit a bit of raised pavement at the juncture of a road & bridge. Totally bent the rim and had to have the wheel replaced. I've since changed my wheels to 19" to get a little more sidewall, but I am still anxious about hitting potholes and raised pavement on bridges.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
If you stick with the stock wheels, be sure to purchase the wheel warranty. Glad I did. At only 300 miles, I hit a bit of raised pavement at the juncture of a road & bridge. Totally bent the rim and had to have the wheel replaced. I've since changed my wheels to 19" to get a little more sidewall, but I am still anxious about hitting potholes and raised pavement on bridges.
I'm actually surprised by this, I've done nearly 28k miles on the stock setup (Nitto Neo Gen tires 245/30/20) and haven't had a bent rim yet. Though I have had a tire blow out due to a pot hole (damn Illinois roads)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing I wish I knew would have been that finding a perfect seating position is near impossible for me. It has been a real struggle to find a position that allows me to be comfortable, be able to push the clutch in all the way, not feel like I’m on top of the steering wheel, and not run into the steering column.

Really wish there was power seats for the driver. I feel like a good seating position for me is impossible because I can only set it to fixed points, whereas with power you are able to have a much larger amount of possible choices.
Sponsored