Poll: Will you tint the windows on your CTR?

Will you tint your CTR windows?

• Total voters

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm personally curious if CTR owners will tint their windows. Mainly because the interior is so beautiful that I would be at a crossroads at hiding it.

Another thing to add, those that will modify by adding roll-cages and such would most likely love to show off their build. Tinted windows would hide that.

More discussion on window tinting can be found here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/rear-window-tint-and-the-ctr.12126/
Sponsored

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
I can't stand tint, I like to see things while driving at night and I don't think tint is smiled upon on track days. I do commute in 105 degree weather so someday I might get the 3m 95% tint that just blocks IR (heat), not visible light.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Ceramic tints are the shit. I get the very lightest one possible for the front windows/windshield just to block the heat

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
What's a fair price for 3M Crystalline? The cheapest I got in my area in CA (with front windshield) was $650, then $750, and finally $800+ to well into the $1,000s. In Denver, there's only 1 certified Crystalline installer and he's asking $900. Other ceramic tints are a minimum of $600 (without front windshield) in Denver.

FYI: if you ever move to CO, kiss your money goodbye on cars b/c car maintenance/modding is SUPER expensive here due to ZERO competition. It's always double or triple the cost of Los Angeles, and that's funny to me b/c pay and cost of living is lower in CO but you get bent over on car maintenance/modding...so weird.

kdd_lanka

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ridgeline, 2017 CRV Touring, 2017 CTR, 2000 Acura 3.2 TL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm personally curious if CTR owners will tint their windows. Mainly because the interior is so beautiful that I would be at a crossroads at hiding it.

Another thing to add, those that will modify by adding roll-cages and such would most likely love to show off their build. Tinted windows would hide that.

More discussion on window tinting can be found here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/rear-window-tint-and-the-ctr.12126/
I did - 35% made the look more polished on my Blue CTR

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I can't stand tint, I like to see things while driving at night and I don't think tint is smiled upon on track days. I do commute in 105 degree weather so someday I might get the 3m 95% tint that just blocks IR (heat), not visible light.
This is what I'm doing, it's expensive...

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is before and after - 35% - nothing on the windshield - had it done by the Tint Man in
Glen Burnie, MD

beforeandafter.jpg
Must be the angle, but that tint looks darker than 35%. I would have guessed 20-25%.

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag
What's a fair price for 3M Crystalline? The cheapest I got in my area in CA (with front windshield) was $650, then $750, and finally $800+ to well into the $1,000s. In Denver, there's only 1 certified Crystalline installer and he's asking $900. Other ceramic tints are a minimum of $600 (without front windshield) in Denver.

FYI: if you ever move to CO, kiss your money goodbye on cars b/c car maintenance/modding is SUPER expensive here due to ZERO competition. It's always double or triple the cost of Los Angeles, and that's funny to me b/c pay and cost of living is lower in CO but you get bent over on car maintenance/modding...so weird.
Makes me want to move to Colorado and start a tint business/ nail shop. California is dirt cheap for tinting,the farther south such as L.A the cheaper lowest ive seen for tint is 125 for blow and go tinters on craigslist, 250-300 from the shops throw in the windshield is another 100 but the sweet spot seems to be around 450 with windshield. Just to mention if you do get the tint done, make sure these guys do a good job otherwise your car will be scratched with knives and damaged interrior. I sat and watched mine every minute when i had my civic ex-l.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Planning on getting 90% Crystalline on my Windshield like my last car and 35% PhotoSync everywhere else.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
How's PhotoSync? I've read that it's too new and that PhotoSync tech is gimmicky so forums just say go with Crystalline...
Saw it on a few Teslas around town and they seem to like it a lot. Checked out the forums and sure enough decent amount of people on there seem to get it. I was going to see if I could check out a sample of Crystalline's darker tint, but it only goes to 40% I believe is part of the reason why I wasn't going with it. If I can get up close with both tints at the same time that would be optimal.

It all depends on the quote I get honestly. If it's 1200$ for the tint, it's not worth it to me and I'll get something different. I got quoted 650 for Crystalline all around already by one shop by me though which is still rather high.
Sponsored