First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R Boost blue
Country flag
Hello CTR fam,
This pandemic has me bored as can be can only workout so much in a day before it gets boring.
So lets start a feed.
What was your first mod you did to your CTR and why? My first will be mugen tail lights followed by an eventuri intake.
Sponsored

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Mishimoto intercooler so I wouldn’t have to deal with heatsoak after 1 or 2 pulls

OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mishimoto intercooler so I wouldn’t have to deal with heatsoak after 1 or 2 pulls
Nice, was mishimoto your only choice or is it the cream of the crop for intercoolers?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Mods in order:
  1. Nitto NeoGen 245/30/20 tires: it was winter when I got my car and I wanted an AS compound to avoid swapping out tires. I can't recommend these tires.
  2. Rust proofing: I live in Chicagoland, salt is the enemy of the state.
  3. Shift knob: burned my hand during the summer, swapped at least 10 shift knobs to find one that felt right. Finally found the one (2020 OEM leather/alcantera wrapped)
  4. Alcantera wrapped shifter wings and center console rails (to match) and dash visor: The shifter wings are a place where I constantly rest my hand, so having something softer there was nice.
  5. OEDRO rubber floor mats: These floor mats are cut specifically for the CivicX generation and similar to WeatherTech and others. I couldn't pass the up the deal I saw on Facebook for like 40 bucks for fronts and rears.
  6. Enkei Raijin 18x8 + Michelin PS AS3+ 245/40/18: the Nitto weren't great tires and any other AS tire would require a new wheel, so got this setup and couldn't be happier with the setup. It's ample in light to moderate snow (up to a few inches) and otherwise more than enough for the rest of the winter driving I do. It's also sticky enough for the DD I do as well and should have good life.
  7. ZL1 Addons rock guards: should have done this earlier, rock chips on the side panels don't happen anymore, side panels and rockers don't get as dirty either.
  8. IS_Autogroup Steering wheel: stock steering wheel's leather is very sticky and not great feeling. It actually began peeling on me after 30k miles. Got it replaced as a good will repair from Honda. Replaced the stock with this one. Material and feel is that much better, but I've lost some of the weight in the steering.
  9. PRL Intercooler: Heatsoak had always been an issue for me and was happy to get rid of it. It's definitely helped already, but the real test will happen once summer hits.
  10. Borla exhaust: to come soon, but fix the mute exhaust note of the FK8
This will probably be it once the exhaust is in place. The only other mod I could consider is getting another set of wheels to do an ideal summer/winter split. Probably won't happen though. The only other mods that I kind of regret not getting are a PPF on the car (I'd need to repaint it almost completely at this point to do it) and maybe a ceramic coating.

Edit: added rustproofing
Edi2: added floor mats

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mods in order:
  1. Nitto NeoGen 245/30/20 tires: it was winter when I got my car and I wanted an AS compound to avoid swapping out tires. I can't recommend these tires.
  3. Shift knob: burned my hand during the summer, swapped at least 10 shift knobs to find one that felt right. Finally found the one (2020 OEM leather/alcantera wrapped)
  4. Alcantera wrapped shifter wings and center console rails (to match) and dash visor: The shifter wings are a place where I constantly rest my hand, so having something softer there was nice.
  5. Enkei Raijin 18x8 + Michelin PS AS3+ 245/40/18: the Nitto weren't great tires and any other AS tire would require a new wheel, so got this setup and couldn't be happier with the setup. It's ample in light to moderate snow (up to a few inches) and otherwise more than enough for the rest of the winter driving I do. It's also sticky enough for the DD I do as well and should have good life.
  6. ZL1 Addons rock guards: should have done this earlier, rock chips on the side panels don't happen anymore, side panels and rockers don't get as dirty either.
  7. IS_Autogroup Steering wheel: stock steering wheel's leather is very sticky and not great feeling. It actually began peeling on me after 30k miles. Got it replaced as a good will repair from Honda. Replaced the stock with this one. Material and feel is that much better, but I've lost some of the weight in the steering.
  8. PRL Intercooler: Heatsoak had always been an issue for me and was happy to get rid of it. It's definitely helped already, but the real test will happen once summer hits.
  9. Borla exhaust: to come soon, but fix the mute exhaust note of the FK8
This will probably be it once the exhaust is in place. The only other mod I could consider is getting another set of wheels to do an ideal summer/winter split. Probably won't happen though. The only other mods that I kind of regret not getting are a PPF on the car (I'd need to repaint it almost completely at this point to do it) and maybe a ceramic coating.

Shifter wings? never seen that before?!

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
First mods.. not sure if you mean strictly bolt-ons or something else.

Had tint done, partial front PPF - protect against chips as most of my driving is highway.

One of the first other cosmetic "mods" I did was get side markers installed by @CanadiaegeanBlue Humza! - They look way better than stock to me, small mod but big difference.

After that.. ceramic coated the car - help to maintain/keep gloss and help with future cleaning.

Then it went to sleep for the winter.

Woke up with new shoes - Gramlight 57DR in Gloss Black 18x9.5 ET38 on 255/40 Indy 500s (pictured pre-ceramic coat and 57DR sticker)

New dead pedal - Looks better, matching the rest of the pedals.
ZL1 Rockguards - More aggressive fitment compared to stock and sticky tires fling lots of stones.
Flashpro. - Even with just basemap and no bolt-ons, noticeable difference.

Bolt-ons added slowly but surely.

Honda Civic 10th gen First mod you did on your CTR? 517D772D-AA04-4613-A803-097215D8ADBC

Honda Civic 10th gen First mod you did on your CTR? IMG_1439.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen First mod you did on your CTR? IMG-1621

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First mods.. not sure if you mean strictly bolt-ons or something else.

Had tint done, partial front PPF - protect against chips as most of my driving is highway.

One of the first other cosmetic "mods" I did was get side markers installed by @CanadiaegeanBlue Humza! - They look way better than stock to me, small mod but big difference.

After that.. ceramic coated the car - help to maintain/keep gloss and help with future cleaning.

Then it went to sleep for the winter.

Woke up with new shoes - Gramlight 57DR in Gloss Black 18x9.5 ET38 on 255/40 Indy 500s (pictured pre-ceramic coat and 57DR sticker)

New dead pedal - Looks better, matching the rest of the pedals.
ZL1 Rockguards - More aggressive fitment compared to stock and sticky tires fling lots of stones.
Flashpro. - Even with just basemap and no bolt-ons, noticeable difference.

Bolt-ons added slowly but surely.

517D772D-AA04-4613-A803-097215D8ADBC.jpg

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG-1621.jpg
Looks dope! I was looking at the rally armor rock guards. Are the ZL1's better?

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Looks dope! I was looking at the rally armor rock guards. Are the ZL1's better?
Thanks man.

Looking at slowly building the bolt-ons but might just relax for a bit given the circumstances right now.

Don't think any are better, if anything the rally armours would be better since they would block more however I was looking for more of a discreet rock guard.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Mods in order:
  5. Enkei Raijin 18x8 + Michelin PS AS3+ 245/40/18: the Nitto weren't great tires and any other AS tire would require a new wheel, so got this setup and couldn't be happier with the setup. It's ample in light to moderate snow (up to a few inches) and otherwise more than enough for the rest of the winter driving I do. It's also sticky enough for the DD I do as well and should have good life.
  6. ZL1 Addons rock guards: should have done this earlier, rock chips on the side panels don't happen anymore, side panels and rockers don't get as dirty either.
  7. IS_Autogroup Steering wheel: stock steering wheel's leather is very sticky and not great feeling. It actually began peeling on me after 30k miles. Got it replaced as a good will repair from Honda. Replaced the stock with this one. Material and feel is that much better, but I've lost some of the weight in the steering.
  8. PRL Intercooler: Heatsoak had always been an issue for me and was happy to get rid of it. It's definitely helped already, but the real test will happen once summer hits.
  9. Borla exhaust: to come soon, but fix the mute exhaust note of the FK8

how did you rustproofing?

Santachristo

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
Indeed. How do I do rustproofing. Central europe salts in truckloads.
and what is a rock guard?

OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man.

Looking at slowly building the bolt-ons but might just relax for a bit given the circumstances right now.

Don't think any are better, if anything the rally armours would be better since they would block more however I was looking for more of a discreet rock guard.
Yeah, no problem man! Yeah I just want to have the best protection for my car

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
how did you rustproofing?
Indeed. How do I do rustproofing. Central europe salts in truckloads.
and what is a rock guard?
I'd probably recommend an oil-based application (like Krown) that's retouched annually. I ended up going Ziebart (oil-based application and rhyno lining) before I realized what the rhyno lining could do.

Edit: here's what the rock guards look like (look behind the wheel well). It's similar to a mudflap, but shorter and a more rigid plastic.

Honda Civic 10th gen First mod you did on your CTR? DSC06680
Sponsored