Poll: Will you tint the windows on your CTR?

Will you tint your CTR windows?

• Total voters

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
CA tint law sucks! Car now tinted, but you can barely tell. 70/55 Suntek CXP & Solar Gaurd UP80 windshield. Oh, I do notice the car take less time to cool now...i.e., after sitting in the sun all day at work, I now feel very comfy 10 minutes into my drive home, rather than having to wait long before the tint.
Honda Civic 10th gen Poll: Will you tint the windows on your CTR? tintt.JPG
Sponsored

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
CA tint law sucks! Car now tinted, but you can barely tell. 70/55 Suntek CXP & Solar Gaurd UP80 windshield. Oh, I do notice the car take less time to cool now...i.e., after sitting in the sun all day at work, I now feel very comfy 10 minutes into my drive home, rather than having to wait long before the tint.
tintt.JPG
Perfect! That's actually just how I like my tint lol.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
I have 3M crystalline 40 on all the windows and crystalline 70 down the front windshield on mines. It looks super dark like 5% thanks to having black interior but it's more like 35% metered out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Poll: Will you tint the windows on your CTR? IMG_0687.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Poll: Will you tint the windows on your CTR? IMG_1249.JPG

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I have 3M crystalline 40 on all the windows and crystalline 70 down the front windshield on mines. It looks super dark like 5% thanks to having black interior but it's more like 35% metered out.

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG
That's reassuring! I'm doing the windows and hatch in crystalline 40 tomorrow. Not doing the windshield though...

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
That's reassuring! I'm doing the windows and hatch in crystalline 40 tomorrow. Not doing the windshield though...
Depending on the way lighting hits your car it will have the illusion of being blacked out. I have it on all my other cars and get asked constantly if it's legal or not. I once got pulled over only to meter out within the legal limits and the cop kept double checking only to let me go without a ticket. I'm sure he was disappointed and was looking forward to pinning me with a ticket up to $287 per window.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Depending on the way lighting hits your car it will have the illusion of being blacked out. I have it on all my other cars and get asked constantly if it's legal or not. I once got pulled over only to meter out within the legal limits and the cop kept double checking only to let me go without a ticket. I'm sure he was disappointed and was looking forward to pinning me with a ticket up to $287 per window.
Yikes!
Here, I believe only 70% is legal, so going 40% could definitely be an issue. That said, our household vehicles have been tinted since 2011 with the only problem being when I got popped for speeding (99 in a 70)... the officer gave me a window tint ticket instead as a favor.
Tint isn't a primary here so they have to get you for a seatbelt, inspection sticker, or bad light bulb, or any moving violation, before they can stop you. So best believe I am hype to keeping my light bulbs good!
For the most part, the police only really profile the older cars that come from the more urban areas... .

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
You have to get front windshield tinted for the shifter to be not 'too hot to handle'. I had every window tinted in my last car and I put in an aftermarket metal shifter...never had a 'too hot' moment. Even with every window tinted in the CTR, I never had a burning hot shifter.
I agree!!! Worst case use a windshield shade if you don't want to or can't tint your windshield
I can definitely notice the difference after having all my windows tinted, coming out after work and the shifter not being burning hot anymore like it used to

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
tintt.JPG
It the sun at the right light it'll look darker, looks good tho. I don't mind exactly what the law is but rule of thumb is 50% max if you never want be pulled over. I'm ok with taking the risk at 35% :thumbsup:

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Wow...I might reconsider now :hmm: 3-layer is 5 year warranty or lifetime?
It'll last up to 3-5 years with proper maintenance. It's not bulletproof tho. It will still scratch but resist micro abrasions. It will also etch with sitting water and bird droppings. It's more of a gloss enhancer. On the plus side it beads/repels water like crazy and you don't have to wax it for 3-5 years. Just make sure your installer does a thorough decontamination and paint correction. It'll definitely make that Aegean Blue pop!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Going for tint this afternoon! Woo!!
Sponsored