OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Every Wife has different tastes i guess. To women a $40K+ car should be a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, some kind of truck etc. They dont understand Nerd things like lap times and performance just luxury and status
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stopped worrying about performance cars and focusing on enjoying them years ago. I push and have fun in my M2 and this car. Life is too short...
Agreed. Have to ask - even though it is sort of like asking which kid you like better- between the M2 and the Type R...which is your favorite to drive and why?

timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
Should have sold it when the market was hot a couple months ago then bought a used Honda Fit. That would show her.
I traded in my Fit for the CTR. Don't even consider it, not even for revenge

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
No problem with my speakers. System is good enough for ACDC cranked up until rear view mirror blurs out. My favorite sound is flip back seats down, turn radio down/off and bring on some high revs! Best $36.5k I've spent recently.
you paid $40K for this?

When your Rear right speaker goes in and out randomly....is this happening to anyone else? Guess i need to prove to the dealer this is happening now.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
My first year of Autocross was last year and I'm an old guy who has never raced anything on asphalt so the learning curve was steep. Courses are tight in a high school parking lot. Only things in the course that gave me fits were tight Chicago boxes(I think that's the name). Hard to work through those while keeping the rpms up. As said above dropping to first just dissolves into wheel spin. My car is stock except for 35 profile 20" tires not 200tw but are ok for a rookie. The competition is open with a max of 3 liter engines. The Type R is capable as is. Now I just need to learn to be smoother i.e.: slow down to go faster. But DAMN it is fun! I'm studying to be able to design some courses this year so those low horsepower English cars and Miatas better watch out on those courses!!!
Would love to hear your thoughts on the CTR as an autocross car. Fast, grippy, good turn in - but wondering if a short course with tight turns does it any favors...?

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Typical America, 60% divorces, fake love aye lol
4 tours to iraq ended mine. Always coming home to a stranger.

Cheers mate
Sponsored