BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
could be something they missed with their diaphragm maybe? Anyone contacted them to talk about that? To say I was looking at Spec for my clutch eventually, might change my mind if everyone is having issues.

It definitely has to do with disengaging the transmission properly and not letting you get in gear. Synchros do a good part of the job but if the clutch isn't completely disengaging there will be issues for sure.
I’ve been in touch with them. They are looking into it.
Sponsored

MT_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP Hatch
Country flag
could be something they missed with their diaphragm maybe? Anyone contacted them to talk about that? To say I was looking at Spec for my clutch eventually, might change my mind if everyone is having issues.

It definitely has to do with disengaging the transmission properly and not letting you get in gear. Synchros do a good part of the job but if the clutch isn't completely disengaging there will be issues for sure.
A trick I did with my 8th gen was to take the pivot ball out of the trans and put a thin washer behind it to give the clutch (arm) some extra throw mechanically. It did raise the catch point ever so slightly on the pedal but made sure the clutch was totally disengaged during shift to make it as easy as possible on the synchros.

Not having the clutch all the way out will wear the friction material on the synchros themselves and over time shifts will get harder and harder as the synchros can’t grip and match the speed of the next gear as they engage...

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From spec today:
“We just completed the install of a direct bolt-in hydraulic system upgrade and it seems to be exactly what the cars need. We will take more time with the car through the weekend and announce upgrade kit availability Monday.”

NekoKinetics

First Name
Neko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 white civic si coupe(SOLD). 370Z Nismo, Mr2 Turbo, 280zx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where can you get the type r retrofit kit?

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Emann. he's on Facebook. I think his username here is k20allmotor or something like that. I haven't heard a single negative review

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish competition clutch would go ahead and make one for the 10th gen...theyre awesome

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah but how convenient is it to get this guy to do it? Sounds like a pain in the ass to me.
You can also pay extra for him to source a flywheel, then when you have yours removed, send it to him and you’ll get a core refund

Shiberu

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
From spec today:
“We just completed the install of a direct bolt-in hydraulic system upgrade and it seems to be exactly what the cars need. We will take more time with the car through the weekend and announce upgrade kit availability Monday.”
hopefully at a huge discount too.
Sponsored