Si SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m terrible with videos as we can tell. Lol. Might be able to grab one on Friday. But it definitely locked out. Got up to 6.5k, shifted for 4th, and it took 3 seconds roughly before it would go into 4th. I literally yelled out “fuckin jinxed me!” Lol.
Lol probably that rev hang
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Lol probably that rev hang
I’m not gonna argue with you lol. I’ve had the car with and without ktuner, I know what rev hang is.
Here’s a video before the clutch for reference clearly showing I could shift fast.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not gonna argue with you lol. I’ve had the car with and without ktuner, I know what rev hang is.
Here’s a video before the clutch for reference clearly showing I could shift fast.
I was just putting out options. I still don’t see how you guys just don’t contact TSP since they test fitted Spec in the first place or even contact Spec or just do the damn cdv delete which takes minutes along with bleeding

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I was just putting out options. I still don’t see how you guys just don’t contact TSP since they test fitted Spec in the first place or even contact Spec or just do the damn cdv delete which takes minutes along with bleeding
It’s not rev hang lol. I don’t have much free time, so when I do, I get lazy. That’s why I haven’t contacted anyone. I’m not complaining, I’m still happy with the clutch. I never go to redline anyways, so it doesn’t really bother me. Just reporting back what I experienced.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And then there’s me, who likes to bang gears, take the car to the drag strip on occasion, and drive spiritedly daily. If I had known I couldn’t do this anymore, I would have gone a different route :(

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And then there’s me, who likes to bang gears, take the car to the drag strip on occasion, and drive spiritedly daily. If I had known I couldn’t do this anymore, I would have gone a different route :(
TSP doesn’t have this issue as well as others but idk maybe y’all got bad batches or something else happened with install

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
TSP doesn’t have this issue as well as others but idk maybe y’all got bad batches or something else happened with install
Derek just sent me another revision, I may stay out late logging after I get out at midnight. If so, I’ll film the 3rd gear pull then.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just called Spec. He doesn’t know why so many people are having issues. He mentioned something about a possible dry pilot bearing, also said removing the CDV would help. Either way he is looking into it. Said he would keep Corey from @Two Step Performance updated.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just called Spec. He doesn’t know why so many people are having issues. He mentioned something about a possible dry pilot bearing, also said removing the CDV would help. Either way he is looking into it. Said he would keep Corey from @Two Step Performance updated.
That's good better to spread the info to em.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KnQrqM5xcm7k2wNQ7

Here are a few clips of spirited driving. Did some runs with some friends so I thought why not record it?

My clutch has a little over 2,000 miles on it now. I set the engagement point to the very top. Basically maxed out the adjustment rod. There is a little resistance from 1st to 2nd but it doesn't feel like a lockout. The other gears require slightly more effort than stock to put into gear during spirited driving but I feel that's from the nature of this aggressive clutch. In normal driving the shifter feels fine.

What do you guys think?

the_j00j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI
Country flag

Here are a few clips of spirited driving. Did some runs with some friends so I thought why not record it?

My clutch has a little over 2,000 miles on it now. I set the engagement point to the very top. Basically maxed out the adjustment rod. There is a little resistance from 1st to 2nd but it doesn't feel like a lockout. The other gears require slightly more effort than stock to put into gear during spirited driving but I feel that's from the nature of this aggressive clutch. In normal driving the shifter feels fine.

What do you guys think?
Nice gap cam haha

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

What do you guys think?
A couple of questions. Did you do the CDV delete? Also I see you were shifting normally. Does it bind up or lockout if you were to try to shift fast? Thanks
Sponsored